It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold for the Obama bashers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
BP and the Obama administration shared the Jefferson muzzle award for their role in suppressing media access to the BP oil spill.
I may disagree with you guys on many issues about Obama, but I'm sure you'll enjoy hearing about this award.
I agree that both bp and Obama diserve this award.
www.editorandpublisher.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Actually, Obama should be the poster child for this award and have his picture hung in their hall of shame.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

doesn't surprise me obama engineered the so called bp oil spill so he could ban oil drilling and jack up gas prices

he created a fake crisis so he could engineer the clean air act.

dude that is just evil incarnate.

make sense to me why? because no one is talking about bp and if they arent talking about it its like i never happened because it never happened.
edit on 14-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

doesn't surprise me obama engineered the so called bp oil spill so he could ban oil drilling and jack up gas prices

dude that is just evil incarnate.

make sense to me why? because no one is talking about bp and if they arent talking about it its like i never happened because it never happened.

Link???

BP did it all to themselves

What happened to personal responsibility

Oh ya that doesn't apply to the ELITES

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also read in the USA today that Japan executives of the company that owns the Fukushima nuclear plants all took paycuts. I'd like to see all of the execs at BP do that.

I still have no clue how he got the Nobel peace prize.
That was absurd.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

personal responsibility that banned all offshore drilling to american companies but left foreign companies free to continue to drill at their leisure?

or the personal responsibility that has jacked up gasoline prices to record highs.

if the buck stop at the elites you can't get any more elite than the man who calls all the shots for every american in this country.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

or the personal responsibility that has jacked up gasoline prices to record highs.

Poor Neo missed the oil spill that BP CAUSED, in order to save their bottom line some chump change

They are liable for the impact on southern commerce, yet they have shirked responsibility

Your friends did that, the people who create the jobs and all that jazz... They are manipulating gas prices,
maybe the government should investigate? I think so...
edit on 14-4-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

did miss the fact that bp isn't american owned and the fact bp gave obama millions of dollars?

how can you investigate someone who gave you millions of dollars?

someone did shirk responsibility OBAMA

guess the government officials who are suppose to enforce their own regulations have nothing to do with the spill.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I honestly think of all things Obama has done, whether you agree with him or not.. is his complete and utter failure with the oil spill. Not just failure.. but an organized cover up up the ecological destruction and economic impact. It's quite clear that Obama and BP worked together in this cover up.

But what I find so astoundingly disgusting about the whole affair.. is that Obama is really a "Green" candidate, well.. prior to being President. So to see him willfully and actively sabotage our Gulf coast and dumping carcinogen chemicals into the ocean is such a massive character change. IMO, it's his greatest failure, hopefully the Green's see this for what it is too, though I haven't heard so much as a peep about it from any one..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

did miss the fact that bp isn't american owned and the fact bp gave obama millions of dollars?

how can you investigate someone who gave you millions of dollars?

someone did shirk responsibility OBAMA

guess the government officials who are suppose to enforce their own regulations have nothing to do with the spill.

So the government has to nanny BP and make sure they do not destroy the entire maritime economy of the south? BP is liable and Obama did a horrible job of keeping them accountable for their actions...
The regulator who was also a Bush holdover should be liable too.

Hey, but are really, saying oil companies are not responsible for messes they make? Really?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I honestly think of all things Obama has done, whether you agree with him or not.. is his complete and utter failure with the oil spill. Not just failure.. but an organized cover up up the ecological destruction and economic impact. It's quite clear that Obama and BP worked together in this cover up.

But what I find so astoundingly disgusting about the whole affair.. is that Obama is really a "Green" candidate, well.. prior to being President. So to see him willfully and actively sabotage our Gulf coast and dumping carcinogen chemicals into the ocean is such a massive character change. IMO, it's his greatest failure, hopefully the Green's see this for what it is too, though I haven't heard so much as a peep about it from any one..

I agree, great point, wonderful point, can't skirt around that IMO

S for you

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

i think you know me as anti government but in cased you missed it GOVERNMENT IS TOO BIG

and yeah i do think oil companies should be responsible for their actions and inactions

but i also think government should be held to account for its actions and inactions.

bp had safety regulations that were not enforced on either side of the pond but only blaming the company is disingenuous at best

its like setting a drug addict free in a pharmacy is stupid anyone left to their own devices will take things to their advantage and that extends to government or a business.

but that only pertains to a us company which agian since we are talking about bp no matter what the us did didnt matter.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

and yeah i do think oil companies should be responsible for their actions and inactions

but i also think government should be held to account for its actions and inactions.

bp had safety regulations that were not enforced on either side of the pond but only blaming the company is disingenuous at best

its like setting a drug addict free in a pharmacy is stupid anyone left to their own devices will take things to their advantage and that extends to government or a business.

but that only pertains to a us company which agian since we are talking about bp no matter what the us did didnt matter.

It does pertain to BP because the US granted the lease on the site, the UK has a clause similar to the foreign commerce clause in the US legal world which would hold BP liable based upon the agreement.

I agree very much with the underlined portion, I wish all Conservatives felt the same way, I would feel happier
edit on 14-4-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

slow down and let me clairify my position did regulation stop the bp spill ? no

massive regulations do nothing but pass the cost on the the consumers.

and guess what regulations do not prevent anything that ever happens.

they are always cleaned up with federal and civil courts

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Those are some interesting claims. Do you base them on any concrete evidence?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You should fact check your opinions.

38% of BP is owned by American interests. (compared to 44% British)

www.bp.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

well how often did you see obama down there? hardly any

has anyone talked about it recently including him or anyone on the left ?

but the facts do remain

offshore drilling was banned to american companies
gas prices are at record highs
the clean air act was written and passed shortly after the fact.

if the bp spill happened under bush everyone would be blaming bush for it

you want proof? go look at your local gas station

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

well how often did you see obama down there? hardly any

has anyone talked about it recently including him or anyone on the left ?

but the facts do remain

offshore drilling was banned to american companies
gas prices are at record highs
the clean air act was written and passed shortly after the fact.

if the bp spill happened under bush everyone would be blaming bush for it

you want proof? go look at your local gas station

None of that is evidence of the claims you previously made that Obama intentionally engineered the BP disaster.

Are you INTENTIONALLY trying to derail this thread?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

yeah check your facts stock ownership doesn't mean you own the company

just because you own any stocks do you make any of the decision in it? you get to set you dividend prices ?

or any decision concerning the day to day operations?

no you dont.

there are different kinds of stock/

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Regulations on oil companies don't get passed to the consumer.. this is a myth. The value of oil and the subsequent products produced from said oil is set mainly by OPEC, which could care less if BP has a few new regulations to deal with. Oil companies cannot increase the price of oil at all in fact.. they dig the hole, build the well, pump the oil and develop new ways to do it.. but as for SELLING the oil, that market is out of their hands. It's like saying a Gold miner determines the price of Gold.

Oil is influenced mostly by Dollar value anyways.

Though when you have companies like Haliburton servicing an oil rig... it doesn't matter how much regulation you pile on it, it's going to burn eventually.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join