It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine this: aliens have landed, disclosure has happened!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In the midst of all the recent FBI files, films, songs, tv programmes and discussions on aliens and ufo pressence, and now islamic leader Louis Farrakhan's suggesting that we will all know the truth in just a couple of days, imagine this....DISCLOSURE HAS HAPPENED, AND THE NEWS IS OUT!

It's fair to say it'd be hard for anyone to escape the news even if they tried to avoid it. Digital television, Internet, Radio, Mobiles, News Papers you name it, the truth has finally been revealed.

Let's assume that we have been told that many races exist, the majority are friendly and want to help us advance as a species, although some may be hostile in the eyes of how we run our lives....fighting, wars, etc.

How do you think you'll re-act at that very moment in time? ...Jubilent, excited, nervous, relieved, concerned?

What's the first thing you'll do after hearing of the news? Go on Facebook, carry on with your xbox live game on Call of Duty, go to the pub, run riot in the street, quit your job, ring your family and friends?

Can the world still operate in the same way? Everyone waking up to their typical 9-5 jobs, sat in traffic, people retailing shopping, etc...or will everything just turn to chaos?

Please give a brief discription on how you think the world will pan out shortly after alien disclosure. Does anybody honestly believe the world would brake down and colapse?

It will be interesting to hear all your thoughts and reactions to this obviously blatent upcoming scenaro.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Just Chris because: Corrected spelling.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Well first thing i would do is rub it in my buddy's face who calls me crazy for believing in UFO's haha.

I could imagine that the subject would be so publicized that within weeks we would be worn out and relatively uninterested, just like everything else that happens...

Sure things would change, probably for the better. hopefully they would expose the scum of the earth (elite/Illuminati) and help us with environmental problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I definitely would want to sit and talk with an ET at length,

Really find out the mysteries of the universe

But, TPTB probably would not let us civilians chat with them for those very reasons

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'll react calmy but at the same time I will be excited however, I'll be cautious at the same time. I'm sure you've heard the stories of evil races and good races (hate/fear/darkness vs good/love/light )
Who knows which "side" will be the ones to show their selves first but that is for a different thread.

What would I be doing?
watching them ofcourse if they are good I would want to have a chat with them if they wanted to...so many questions. Why now? You have been here so long so why wait till now would be a good question. How long have you been here? What will happen to us now and so on.

I'm sure everyone would carry on as normal intill the moment a full change as occured IF a change will occur in the system at all. I'm hoping there will be a change to be honest, peace, harmony and no more hunger would be a great start but that is ofcourse just my opinion.

But I'm guessing a lot of people would love to use this as a means of making some extra cash...like some are doing even now. Yes, some peoples belief system MAY be crushed but who knows? Some will accept them and some will instantly label them as demons/djins(don't get me starts with them
) But I believe it will eventually settle down but ofcourse there may not be any of that at all as some are saying we will all get a message.

I can't wait for that day however I do not need that day as for me they are real and here.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I believe It would confirm an idea to go ahead and purchase that M82A1 Barrett.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
unless barack obama, goes on national t.v. and from the whitehouse oval office declares that we have made contact with an extraterrestrial race, then i'll believe the government has come clean. anything else is a whitewash.

if they issue a vague release that unidentified flying objects have been witnessed and investigated by the government, then it's b.s., since everybody knows this anyways.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I would go and re-read the ancient documents that describe...
...what happened the last times they were here among us...
...it wasn't good.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Head to the liquor store and a stop by the pub and wait and see what happens next.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Finish my stockpile and start digging that hole I have been putting off.
They may come in peace,but you never know.
Never trust an alien.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think the majority of people would continue living their lives unscathed. If the aliens were to intervene with our lives then maybe panic or border-line hysteria would take effect as it's change, and the human race don't like change as a rule.
I would continue my life as it were; going about getting my education and catching up on television programmes which I have missed due to my late nights on ATS. I struggle to think, however, that people my age would be able to comprehend such a disturbance in our lifestyle as not every 16 year old is as level-headed as myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
for the religious people out there, it might be big shock to them, they will begin to question their faith, turning to their religious leaders for guidance or something

assuming i will still have my job (with more advance technology at hand, corporations will try to find more effective means to save/make more money) i will take the day off, go out and finally get my gun license, stock up.

i remember reading a book by a psychologist and sociologist on the impact man would have if aliens do disclose themselves, i cant remember the authors or the title

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'd probably just cruise over to the pub and share the news with my friends, but then I'm always at the pub anyway.... I suppose it all depends on why exactly the aliens landed here and what they wanted from us, as well the seriousness of the threat from hostile beings.

I imagine most people would be pretty wound up over it though. Some people would refuse to believe, others may preach the end of the world, some may freak out completely. For me, it'd make a mildly interesting talking point for a day or two. Maybe I'm just impossible to impress.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust a word they say. You know how easy it would be to get a large percentage of the world to drop to there knees? An alien being imitating Jesus. All an alien race would have to do to take us over is to play on the worlds religions. Most would fall for it hook, line, and sinker and turn on everyone else who doesn't believe.
edit on 14-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I guess my first act were to burn down a certain building in Berlin.
I don´t believe any politician and i´m pretty sure the german government is somehow involved in the big coverup of many UFO events.

Okay enough joking but i guess many people would indeed be pissed about the governments and NASA of course. All the people who got discredited by them wouldstart to file their lawsuits the minute a president says "Yes we are in contact". Don´t forget how many people mysteriously vanished or died during this massive coverup..

Sorry but no president around the world is willing to anounce things like that. They would dig their own grave. What we need is a UFO showing up on a major event like the Super Bowl.

I know many people want the disclosure to happen but it will never be like what you imagine. They could also anounce "We are on our way to another planet and you all just lost the game enjoy the end of the world suckers". If politicians are involved there is always a great chance that they would act only in their own interests and not on behalf of the whole world population.

Ps: If "they" showed up and everybody had to see them i will have a long laugh about all the sceptics. Hell if we all die soon after the disclosure that would be worth it.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I wouldn't trust a word they say. You know how easy it would be to get a large percentage of the world to drop to there knees? An alien being imitating Jesus. All an alien race would have to do to take us over is to play on the worlds religions. Most would fall for it hook, line, and sinker and turn on everyone else who doesn't believe.

Or else they would come here and tell us how #ed up and destructive our religions really are and give us a decision to live much more peaceful and safer lives without the unnecessary division of people that is organized religion.

That seems more logical to me.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ItsAnOddFuture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
In the midst of all the recent FBI files, films, songs, tv programmes and discussions on aliens and ufo pressence, and now islamic leader Louis Farrakhan's suggesting that we will all know the truth in just a couple of days, imagine this....DISCLOSURE HAS HAPPENED, AND THE NEWS IS OUT!

It's fair to say it'd be hard for anyone to escape the news even if they tried to avoid it. Digital television, Internet, Radio, Mobiles, News Papers you name it, the truth has finally been revealed.

Let's assume that we have been told that many races exist, the majority are friendly and want to help us advance as a species, although some may be hostile in the eyes of how we run our lives....fighting, wars, etc.

How do you think you'll re-act at that very moment in time? ...Jubilent, excited, nervous, relieved, concerned?

What's the first thing you'll do after hearing of the news? Go on Facebook, carry on with your xbox live game on Call of Duty, go to the pub, run riot in the street, quit your job, ring your family and friends?

Can the world still operate in the same way? Everyone waking up to their typical 9-5 jobs, sat in traffic, people retailing shopping, etc...or will everything just turn to chaos?

Please give a brief discription on how you think the world will pan out shortly after alien disclosure. Does anybody honestly believe the world would brake down and colapse?

It will be interesting to hear all your thoughts and reactions to this obviously blatent upcoming scenaro.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Just Chris because: Corrected spelling.

I don't really understand why anyone needs disclosure by a Government, disclosure happened thousands of years ago, just look at all the ancient artwork, cave drawings, architecture, text etc its been out in the open for all of recorded history why do you need anyone to convince you that there is in fact Alien life if you already believe that there is? Even if some reputatble person or Government acknowledges that we are not alone in this universe it changes nothing, we've never been alone they've been watching us all throughout our history the ones that don't believe all the thousands of years of evidence will never truly believe until there is an alien grey standing in front of them, my prediction is nothing changes, nothing will happen and it would be quickly forgotten about by the MSM. Move along folks nothing to see here, that is what will happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

probably spend several minutes gloating that i was right to my brother and uncle, after that i guess i would have to find something else to do with my free time now that chasing after ufos is pointless

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAnOddFuture

What if the Aliens are the ones behind the original religions? Most ancient religions tell of God or Gods from the Heavens that created the human race. You know, to keep us under control while we think we run ourselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAnOddFuture

If we really need aliens to state the obvious we don´t deserve to survive. Everybody knows how pointless wars about territory,religion and ressources are but they do it anyway. I hope the aliens would bring down all religions. My invisible friend is better than yours and if you don´t believe in him i kill you is beyond stupid. Yeah great. I spit on the people who brought religions to the people and fed them lie after lie to make a fortune through fear and terror.

We are all humans and our blood is red no matter what country we come from and what color our skin has. Who the F*ck needs religions? I make my own decisions. I don´t need a guide book like the bible to tell me what i have to do and live by rules that were invented ages ago. We make good decisions and bad decisions that´s the thing that makes us human not believing in religions. That said i don´t need aliens to tell me the same bs that religions teach.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would find out what they like to eat and open a restaurant.

But seriously, I think it is a bit naive to consider that we are some "brink." Alien and UFO lore has run rampant since 1930's, 1940's and 1950's inspiring movies, music and pop culture. It simply spreads more quickly now due to the technology you mention which explains why it feels more pervasive.

Consider the classic movies "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and Orson Welles cult classic radio drama adaptation of H.G. Wells's "War of the Worlds" way back in 1938.

Coupled with our esoteric sense that we are more special than the multitude of generations that came before us and exacerbated by internet keyboard commandos spewing uneducated theories of imminent alien invasion or potential asteroid annihilation and Waaa Laaa you end up with Y2K and Mayan calendar. Stuff happens and right now a lot of stuff is happening.

In short: Most of us lead boring lives and cling to zany theories to make us feel more important. Just my .02¢

I'm not a skeptic by the way and do believe in there exits other forms of intelligent life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join