It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America Should Change, And The Speed Bumps In The Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have never seen this problem with more clarity then I did just this evening. I had discussed earlier an idea to do a nationwide walkout on the day the Republican Party picks there candidates, and again on Prrimary election day, and maybe even on election day. I personally say if a good majority of the people in the US refuse to vote for Primaries someone is going to take note, and if a bunch of people walk out of work the media will notice. I am talking at least 50% of the Nation would be nice.

Anyway I was telling my mom about this idea of mine and she shocked me to say the least. She says to me, "Josh I don't think you will ever be able to rally enough people to do anything significant. I gave up a long time ago at trying to change things when I realized there was nothing that could ever be done. The only thing that you can do is your live your life to the best that you can and worry about what you answer to when your dead." I said what god? She said, "Yes." I said, so if Barack O'Bama wanted to start a war that could spark off the end of the world with your 11 month old Granddaughter you can honestly tell me that you would just throw your hands up in the air and say oh well there is nothing we can do about it. She says, "Well there isn't we can't change what they do." I said that's because no one will ever actually stand up do you really think if the whole country said no to a war that they would do it anyway? I said if they did they would risk a revolution. She ends this all by saying, "Well I am off to confession." and left.

It was then that I realized if my mom the old hippy who went to Woodstock is now content to sit around and let the world end that this is why we will never be able to change the way this country is run. So my answer to this is that I am going to take it upon myself to rally as many people as I can to stand up, speak up, and fight for a real change. I do not think we need violence to achieve this, and if that is what you are interested in then sorry but this cause is not for you. IF you want to help me rally the above functions to try and initiate an end to the two party system that has ruled this country since 1856 then please send me a U2U and we can start brainstorming on the ways to approach this. So far a Facebook event is the best I have come up with.

Please give me input here as I am not a natural leader, but honestly I am sick and tired of the way the world is run and more particularly the twin powers of the US and UK are run. I say it's time we stand up and take back what is rightfully ours to change. I know I kind of just threw the UK in there but I have a lot of friends from England that are unhappy with the way there government is run as well. So maybe we can stage a two part protest in both countries. I don't know as I said I am brainstorming here. The biggest thing that I am trying to do is that I do not want to be one of those people that bitch and moan about it and never do anything to change it. I want to be the one that at least tries, and if it fails at least I tried.
edit on 4/14/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The Human citizens need to rebuke all borders, period.

The rock revolves around the sun with all of us on it.

Nations themselves are a lie.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

That may very well be but you have to start somewhere and things will never change with simple words alone.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I agree, but what does one replace it with? We are so divided (at least the US) between a myriad of divergent viewpoints that even if we do tear the whole thing down, there will likely still be petty bickering going on. And I agree with zroth.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

most mammals are territorial for good reasons, we could do without borders if we didnt breed so much and let natural food supplys restock on there own.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

your not going to get anyone to "rise up" unless you inform the masses first. With that said the masses dont care and dont want to know whats happening around them. its to depressing and they don’t want to think about it.

Ignorance is truly bliss

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by zroth

That may very well be but you have to start somewhere and things will never change with simple words alone.

Interesting response.

Words alone have kept the world this way.

They are branded "laws".

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Yea, opening up modernized first world nations to hordes of 3rd worlders will surely be beneficial right?

Give me a break kid.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Yea, opening up modernized first world nations to hordes of 3rd worlders will surely be beneficial right?

Give me a break kid.

This entire response tells me a lot about you. Enjoy your segregated world and ignore your fellow humans for as long as you can. We'll still accept you to our new world....son.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

This entire response tells me a lot about you. Enjoy your segregated world and ignore your fellow humans for as long as you can. We'll still accept you to our new world....son.

Peace

Spoken like someone who lives in fantasyland.

Enjoy your dreamworld, you obviously aren't ready for reality.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Do you have a point or are you going to continue with the general fox news channel regurgitation?

Your so-called third world nation is the byproduct of the fantasy-land you are accusing me of living in. The empire steals the resources from these nations and then points and laughs them via the news outlets causing the entitled westerner to live in fear that these people might steal their iPad 2 or rape their women.

The real world is a military stealing for a global elite that is not entitled to the world they are enslaving.

Nice try acting tough in the face of this crisis.

We are human first no matter how hard you fight that truth.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Assuming someone watches Fox, or MSNBC for that matter makes you a fool. Personally, I dont watch any televised news, and prefer to get my news from overseas sources since in all likelihood it will be more truthful than domestic sources.

In what manner does your perceived views on "imperialism" enable 3rd world dictators to stay in power? How does it prevent the people from rising up and overthrowing a 3rd world dictator?

It doesn't.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

In what manner does your perceived views on "imperialism" enable 3rd world dictators to stay in power? How does it prevent the people from rising up and overthrowing a 3rd world dictator?

It doesn't.

Yeah. We live in different worlds.

Happy fence building.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Fences keep undesirables out.

Happy suffering.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

My response was not meant to be condescending and I see my post has gone off topic real fast. The fact of the matter is that we have to inspire people to want to change the way things are before we can change anything. Perception is everything. In the Matrix half the people had no idea what was going on and were happy and content in there existence.

All I am saying is that we need to do something before we are both in our senior years talking like my mother telling or kids nothing will ever change you can't do anything about it. The problem I see is people talk a big game but no one steps up to the plate. I am inviting you all to step up to the plate and help me find a way to start change.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Viper any MSM of any country is tainted with bias. If you're truly denying ignorance you would know that we're lied to on a regular basis whether you use the AUS, EURO or RMB to pay for that coffee. So seriously speaking the OP is right for trying to start a movement in peaceful terms. The lies are all around us from fashion to money to the charade put on of education. it's all about control and certain people to stay in power. The third world dictator is in power because the ones at the very tippity top supply them with enough firepower and business knowledge to keep their citizens down and beaten.

You react out of fear because you yourself do not have the guts to stand up and say that enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

I just posted a thread about the death of America and the 5 stages of grief. You are in the second stage, Anger.

I was there for a long time. Having come to acceptance, much like your mother, I realize there is nothing that we can do about it. What has been designed is as certain as the laws of physics. If you want to fight the good fight, go for it. I myself will partake on occasion. Just realize that you are only doing it for the fight itself, not the outcome. I would get involved just to see the look on the oppositions face when they lose a battle here or there, but ultimately, they win the war. Unless something akin to rewriting the laws of physics were to occur, such as ET or supernatural involvement, all we can do is watch the fire burn.

new topics

top topics

join