It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malcolm X: A look back at the man who so many see differently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Malcolm X. A man known by his first name and always with the X. Viewed differently by so many people in America and around the world. Never have I seen a person more human then him. Let me explain. Humans growing up adapt and change. Everyone goes through fads, has different issues and problems, and so on. Malcolm X is one of the those people. I can feel Malcolm X more then Jesse Jackson or even Martin Luther King Jr. He's coming from his heart as he learns from his surroundings in the U.S. and around the world. I know many on this site will have some disagreement for Malcolm X but hear me out on this individual. On one of my older accounts I made a thread detailing the Black Panther party, the White Panther party and other groups influenced by the Panthers. The Black Panthers were influenced by Malcolm X. Which brought me to learning about this individual and his life. I would like to point out that not being Black my point of view will not hold water. But I see many Blacks in the mainstream media as "House Negroes". Sorry for saying it but what is holding down Blacks then Black media and entertainment? If I was a Black parent and I had a choice of teaching my children about anything or having them only rapping I would want them to be successful by gaining knowledge.
Malcolm X on Black Manhood
Malcolm X Ballet of the Bullet YT speach video
Malcolm X fetured on PBS Open Mind
Malcolm X Mecca and letter home
I linked a few videos to enable a person to see the person without pictures or quotes. Look at his body movements and how he conducts himself with others. One of the things many agree with Malcolm is that even if they do not agree with his politics or religion they could agree with common interest. Let's look at the Tea Party. Many would disagree with Malcolm on many issues. But they would agree with his character. Take a look at this quote.

"When a person places the proper value on freedom, there is nothing under the sun that he will not do to acquire that freedom. Whenever you hear a man saying he wants freedom, but in the next breath he is going to tell you what he won't do to get it, or what he doesn't believe in doing in order to get it, he doesn't believe in freedom. A man who believes in freedom will do anything under the sun to acquire . . . or preserve his freedom."

Source
Many people who favor the U.S. Constitution or support Conservative politics will agree with Malcolm X on this.
I would like this thread is nowhere complete. I'm open to any questions on the individual. But let's see what you think of Malcolm. I wonder what would happen if we had a Malcolm in our time. Not about race or religion but with people and their livelihood.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I look at it this way... When it comes to the idea you were expressing about knowledge, a quote from the bible (which i dont do often lol) fits perfectly...

"My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge."

This applies to all people, no matter who they are, but...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
malcom x was one of the most inspirational people of the 20th century. his autobiography is probably one of the best written tales of overcoming hardships and ones surroundings to inspire and aspire to be better and break the chains that bound many people in society regardless of race and culture.

basically it's a story on how to be a man and how to face death as a man.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Dont know a whole lot about him. But I do know that if he was white he would be considered one racist, good for nothing sob. I guess you could say that he was the original "black supremist" which during his time would be a dangerous gig

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Another victim of character assassination.

"People don't realize how a man's whole life can be changed by one book." — Malcolm X

They know now!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
People don’t know that Malcolm was the inspiration for thousands of lost black men who became victims of the street culture.

His story is an American treasure.

Malcolm went to jail when he was a gangster for a long time and their educated himself, while studying the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, a controversial leader of an Islamic sect.He went from a criminal street hood to a man who later could debate with the greatest intellects in the world and hold his own and even surpasses them in intelligence.

I was inspired by this story, for I lived a very similar life. Like Malcolm, when I decided to leave the streets of one of America’s worst ghettoes, I begin the long hard road out of darkness to light, I began by educating myself by actually reading the whole dictionary, something I was inpired to do becasue Malcolm said he did that in his famous autobiography.

I, like him, read anything I could get my hands on about religion, politics, history, and other topics, that eventually initiated me in the love of knowledge and literally saved my life.

Malcolm’s story saved thousands of people like me because he inspired us to reach for greatness, through wisdom and knowledge.

edit on 14-4-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

join