It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My last song.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Your welcome Sif, I'm glad you like my work. If your talking about Spooky's mask I used an x-acto knife with a carving blade. It took some time and i had to sand it down to, but it came out pretty nice. I also carved into the SK masks to simulate a ballistic look with cracks and bullet shots; in addition to using/blending metallic paints into a camouflage split face.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I even tried blending in glitter on Amanda's mask and mecca second mask. And as for more faces that you haven't met i have a mask that I'm working on that's going to Australia, so even in the downriverkillers absence the faceless are still growing. By the way how do you think I did at mimicking your style and design for remaking House's mask?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cjbonez

Almost every time I attempted to use glitter, it left the surface bumpy. I like a polished glass-like surface.

The only time I ever achieved a smooth glitter look, I used an auto paint with sparkles in it, like a metallic pearl/pink for Princess Ferg's mask. After I added the tiara, he was pleased with the finished product.

Awwww, he looked adorable.

Mr Princess Ferg, I salute ya where ever you are right now. And if my guess is right, its either watching old Babylon -5 episodes on DVD or searching Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan sites.

MM

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Haha that's great lol i remember seeing him at shows. The glitter masks I did(especially mecca 2.0) have a smooth surface. to accomplishe this you have to do light layers of paint and light layers of glitter and blend them just right. Then after a coat or two of glaze you sand down the glaze to achieve a uniform smooth and a final coat or two of glaze.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join