It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight

Originally posted by jude11

I think the preppers are ridiculously ignorant, paranoid folk. We create what we fear. The future is no concern of mine. I live here and now in the present and all is just fine. Should there be disaster I will cope with it then.

I taught Earthquake/Disaster Emergency Preparedness for several years in homes, community centres, schools and various other forums. Eventually I realized that I was being ridiculous. I stopped teaching it, threw out all of the survival supplies and do not speak of it to anyone anymore. We were prepared for many years and decided to get out of the fear of the future to enjoy our life now fully.

Fear is one thing but preparation is another.

The biggest fear should be getting caught unprepared when it was so easily available. If you taught all that you say, you should know this.

Peace

How can you put "fear" and "peace" in the same post? It is nonsense. Fear opens a person to manipulation. Fear is not a part of my life and will never be a part of my life. Living the neutral zone is my preference - calm, steady and sure is the only way. I am not manipulated by my own emotions and I certainly will not allow manipulation by your fear or anyone else's negative emotion.

Obviously you have never been in a dangerous or life-threatening situation. If you had been you would know that fear is not a saviour. Fear is a destroyer.

Being neutral is the only way to function at all times. Fear and panic create insanity. Neutrality permits sanity to prevail. It also allows one to have a more perceptive "sight" or overview of the situation at hand. This , in turn, allows a person to be more effective and their chances of survival increase exponentially.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Typos

edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Ditto

Fear is what you are pushing and peace is what I am proposing.

It's quite easy to see your agenda as you have hooked into a very old thread but have decided on an attempt to undermine it anyway you can.

Move on to something else because you have been "Discovered".

Peace...Peace...and PEACE!!!

edit on 26-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Folk seem to be confused about the question the OP posted for discussion.

The question is:

" Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and why?"

The majority of posters in here are answering in the opposite--they are describing the preparations they are making and being heavy handed with those who are actually answering the Thread Topic.

It just does not make sense to me.

Moderators......where are you? Why are not moderating? This thread was hijacked with the first posting!!!!!

edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Typo

This thread is older than your membership and your mentality.

Or maybe just your affiliation with...???

How many times do we have to out your kind before you move on?

I'm guessing many more times because the intelligence level you are displaying is on such a low level scale as to be ...

Well you get the picture...or do you? I kinda doubt it actually.

Oh yeah...

PEACE!!!!..

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Folk seem to be confused about the question the OP posted for discussion.

The question is:

" Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and why?"

The majority of posters in here are answering in the opposite--they are describing the preparations they are making and being heavy handed with those who are actually answering the Thread Topic.

It just does not make sense to me.

Moderators......where are you? Why are not moderating? This thread was hijacked with the first posting!!!!!

edit on 25-4-2013 by Elderlight because: Typo

Please use Google translate to understand the thread as so many others have.

It's English BTW...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I think the preppers are ridiculously ignorant, paranoid folk. We create what we fear. The future is no concern of mine. I live here and now in the present and all is just fine. Should there be disaster I will cope with it then.

I taught Earthquake/Disaster Emergency Preparedness for several years in homes, community centres, schools and various other forums. Eventually I realized that I was being ridiculous. I stopped teaching it, threw out all of the survival supplies and do not speak of it to anyone anymore. We were prepared for many years and decided to get out of the fear of the future to enjoy our life now fully.

OMG!

I never thought of it that way!

32 pages and YOU are the one to bring common sense to us all?

All Hail...YOU!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight

I stopped teaching it, threw out all of the survival supplies and do not speak of it to anyone anymore.

You are in your 60's and have decided to give up.

Am I right?

Sad to hear it but many are not ready to take a knee.

Good luck.

PEACE

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And kudos to you for your efforts to keep people in denial. Not only will it happen but if you can only open your eyes...it is happening.

Denial of what exactly taking place? There's lots of speculation about every possible SHTF catalyst going.

From economic collapse, pandemic, alien invasion, illuminate, mega tsunami's, mega earthquakes, volcanic mayhem, solar flares, emp's, WW3 and even according to one thread yesterday the enslavement of women and the death of mankind due to France pushing through Gay marriage.

When you surround yourself with all the possibilities you will in no doubt think our society is on the brink of total collapse. People have been thinking that for many years even before the internet came into existence.

People fly on planes, how many take parachutes with them on-board, even on the small light aircraft; or people going on cruises taking foil wrapped food and a rubber dinghy just in case the ship sinks and they can't get on a life boat, we know that happens right?

It's all about putting things into perspective and not living in fear of something that 'probably' won't happen.

If it does, well c**p happens.

There's a lot of insecurity on those that do serious prep. I'm not talking about BOB's for instances where people live in area prone to earthquakes etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by modified device
I'm jumping on the unprepared bandwagon here,what is the point?
if any one of the multitude of doomsday scenarios happen I wouldn't want to survive em,besides I have the best survival gear one can get,my faith in God.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

if any one of the multitude of doomsday scenarios happen I wouldn't want to survive em,besides I have the best survival gear one can get,my faith in God.

faith will get you nowhere in life I'm 16 and I'm prepared so should you
a quote from my moms drill Sargent "failing to prepare is preparing to fail"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Natecoates

faith will get you nowhere in life I'm 16 and I'm prepared so should you
a quote from my moms drill Sargent "failing to prepare is preparing to fail"

Most intelligent post I've read in a long time...

With your mindset, you are truly prepared.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I really do not see the point in spending thousands of dollars on freeze dried food....or attempting to store food long term on my own only to have it go bad. I can understand making preparations for say an EQ....couple weeks of canned goods and other essentials...but why in the world would I want to survive a Nuclear event ? Why would I put away a years worth of food for a 3 day flood or other event like that ?

I don't have any issues with anyone who wants to do this...but survive Nibiru ? First off...I mean please NIBIRU...Lol...how is one going to survive a planet bombardment...I kinda of believe it would be game over at that point...so I just don't see the point other than the standard couple weeks of supplies....maybe some extra freeze dried stuff because its available but full blown prepper....no point in surviving for a year in what would bound to be someplace I wouldn't want to be only to die in the end anyway

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have no problem at all with the poster above me; but I want to take a look at his/her words and respond to the concepts one by one. I think his/her thoughts speak for a lot of skeptics, perhaps all the more so due to the assumptions they embody about any and all persons involved in contingency planning, not just stereotypical "preppers"

Originally posted by DJMSN
I really do not see the point in spending thousands of dollars on freeze dried food....or attempting to store food long term on my own only to have it go bad. I can understand making preparations for say an EQ....couple weeks of canned goods and other essentials...

I agree with your thinking. My food stockpile is not composed of expensive products I have purchased. Instead, my supplies are mostly produce from our garden and family food production. This way, it is far less expensive. The second strategy is that we preserve foods that we use naturally over the course of a year, and rotate out the stock as time goes by. That way, we know that the kids will actually eat our survival supplies; plus we are constantly rotating our stock.

A store-bought example of this is canned soups. Many 'recipes from a can' involve either cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup. Many supermarkets have a sale on those two soups right after Christmas. Their reasoning is that most Americans do the bulk of home cooking for Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner; so any product the store didn't move during the holiday is just a loss. We buy 24-can flats of those two soups,usually for a third of the retail price. And the expiry dates are usually 18 months or 36 months out. SInce we track our food purchases, we know that we go through 6 cans of each a month (large family). Based on this, we can buy 3 cases of each soup, confident that we will have them for the next year, but that they will also be gone by then as well. So, at any given time, we have about of year and a half of these two items on hand.

The home-made example is ham. Every fall I help a friend butcher hogs. I take three full raw hams as payment. That is about as much ham as we will eat by the next November. Once it is smoked, it will keep without refrigeration until nighttime lows move above 80 F. And if there is no disaster, they just wait in our deep freeze anyway.

but why in the world would I want to survive a Nuclear event ?

Many different types of nuclear events are possible. While I have no desire to survive the fallout from a 50 megaton blast a couple of miles from me, it is true that a 10-150 kiloton blast is much more likely---particularly if the detonation is not carried out with a US, Russian or Chinese warhead. If it is terrorists, they probably cannot detonate anything larger than a Russian made 90 KT weapon. If you were 10 miles from the epicenter, you'd only need to be in a cement or earthen shelter for 48 hours, and almost all the residual fallout would dissipate after a good rainstorm.

So, making NO preparations, because you fear ONE SINGLE hypothetical event is a fatalistic attitude that would almost certainly seal your fate in a more likely, less-than-lethal scenario. A prime example of this is the Chernobyl event in the former Soviet Union. A thousands of school-age children were exposed to serious fallout with little protection, and yet are still healthy now in their early 40s. Just imagine what a difference some cursory preparations could make. Indeed, we actually know very little of the effects of radiation. I can remember when the entire region around Kiev was predicted to be a lifeless wasteland for at least a hundred years. And now people have been recolonizing the region for more than a decade, with little increased incidence of cancer.

I don't have any issues with anyone who wants to do this...but survive Nibiru ? First off...I mean please NIBIRU...Lol...how is one going to survive a planet bombardment...I kinda of believe it would be game over at that point...so I just don't see the point other than the standard couple weeks of supplies....maybe some extra freeze dried stuff because its available but full blown prepper....no point in surviving for a year in what would bound to be someplace I wouldn't want to be only to die in the end anyway

I personally cannot take the Nibiru joke seriously enough to figure out what people are actually talking about. But I'm convinced that preparing for more realistic, probable crises will help in just about any crises that actually befalls me. Prepping for Terrorism in NYC would have helped you deal with TS Sandy. Preparing for a hurricane in Watertown, Mass. would have helped you cope with being on lockdown until they found the bombers....

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I started but decided what am I going to do with all the freeze dried foods (dried a few things myself). They don't look that appealing and I don't want to be wasting food. There are too many possible scenarios so it becomes overwhelming. Would I have to leave? If so how much crap can I fit in my rig? What about the whole extended family? Should I include stuff for them too? Do I keep it in car? Do I buy potasium iodine and water filtration tabs? by the way, where did I put those? What will I put the water in anyway? Storing water? How much and where the hell do I put it all? Too many questions. Too overwhelming of a project. If something goes down and I can stay put I would be ok minus water but otherwise, just too much.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

That's why just a general plan is a good thing. If you have someplace to bug in, just a little forethought and prep can go a long way. People get into it thinking all or nothing. That's the wrong attitude to have. Start small and increase, is a much healthier way to go about it.

First, don't stockpile things you don't normally eat. Otherwise, you're throwing money down the drain when it eventually goes bad. Check tovenar's post above, for example. Rotate food stores into your normal cooking/diet. So, to start, all you have to do is just buy a little extra of something when it is on sale (and DATE the stuff, so you know when to use it by). Don't buy in bulky large containers, because once you open it, it will go bad quicker. Buy sizes you normally use.

WATER is the most important thing to stockpile....especially if you don't have a well. You can either buy bottled water and rotate through it (stored water really shouldn't be used after 6 months, unless treated again), or you can get water storage drums for 55 gallons for around $100. Personally, I doubt we'll see a big SHTF event in our lifetime, but the risk of some kind of 1-3 month event is certainly more realistic. For that reason, start out with that idea in mind, having enough to live for a month of not being able to go to a store, and you're way ahead of the game.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join