It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

You are so right about that..notice I said cats and not dogs LOL. I myself have a german shepherd, she is my families protector and guardian!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, there are a lot of threads here with a lot of great info on survival techniques, tips, tricks etc.

I have found a lot of info on 3, 6, and 30 day bug-out bags as well as long term survival plans for bunkers, food, water, weapons and so on.

I have also noticed that we all have our different opinions on locations to bug out to.

Now the reasons are many. From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more.

Which brings me to the question: Who is NOT preparing whatsoever? No Bug out bags, bunkers, water and food storage, weapons, silver and whatever else.

I'll make it clear that I am one of those that is preparing and the reasons and means are a personal thing.

I am just curious to hear from those that are NOT taking steps to prepare for whatever may or may not be coming.

Thanks for any input.

I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO PREPARE

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep
I'm throwing a bob together but that's the extent of it; if the world's not over in a year I'll save for some land live off grid for a while but honestly, I think if anything DOES happen; (I think) survival will be based on stupid luck and perhaps your geography and not how many cans and guns a brother can stow away.

Edit - I don't have any reservations about death either, in a sense you could even say I'm excited by the prospect, not of leaving earth - but of a new adventure and that familiar warmth from my pineal. If the planet wants me off it then so be it, I love this earth and her wishes are paramount, if it's aliens.. well I guess I'll shoot back but if they vaporise me then there's not a lot I can do either.
I guess I'm saying the situation is far too out of control already, stressing about controlling its outcome on you and your family seems like a mega waste of energy imo.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

True true

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
I think most of the ATS crowd is mentally prepared, which will get us further than most of the population.

I believe you're right in this. Many will remember tidbits of what they read here on ATS and it will serve them well.

This makes me feel better
Im mentally prepared for ANYTHING
Im sorta spiritually prepared
Just not pyshically prepared

Good thing we're jumping off this "pyshical" plane soon
I never really did want to fit in

My instinct tells me IM ON THE RIGHT PATH
While my mates are out getting pissed drugged up

Im chilling out with a spliff educating myself
The more knowledge
The more power for the future

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would personally love to, but given the situation I'm in right now, it's damn near impossible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1
I would personally love to, but given the situation I'm in right now, it's damn near impossible.

If you look thru the thread, you are among good company.

Many state the same due to various reasons.

Hopefully, your situation will change enough to allow for even minimal prep.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Over 2500 tons of radioactive material has been released from the radioactive field in the Pacific (so far)
87 tons were released during the entire Chernobyl event
Japan is expected to

emit

for the next 12 to 24 months
at least

how do you prepare for hot particles all over the place?
You pretty much
take the hit

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
IM not, Y?

Because im in NYC # load of supplies everywhere. So im good

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1

If you look thru the thread, you are among good company.

Many state the same due to various reasons.

Hopefully, your situation will change enough to allow for even minimal prep.

Thanks.

Wish me luck.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AverageJoe1

My preparation consists of lots of beans, macaroni, and rolls of plastic garbage bags to use for toileting. I keep water in gallon and 5 gallon jugs and refresh them every few months. I always have 4 or 5 big jars of peanut butter and canned foods. I tell my boys to bring the guns and ammo and come here. No one else that I know makes any preps at all. They think I am nuts.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minihaha
reply to post by AverageJoe1

My preparation consists of lots of beans, macaroni, and rolls of plastic garbage bags to use for toileting. I keep water in gallon and 5 gallon jugs and refresh them every few months. I always have 4 or 5 big jars of peanut butter and canned foods. I tell my boys to bring the guns and ammo and come here. No one else that I know makes any preps at all. They think I am nuts.

Not nuts, just ready.

Few tips. If you are using plastic jugs, replace the water more often.

Ramin noodles are light and will last forever.

Guns and Ammo...Check!

Keep boots, rain gear, extra clothing etc in packs near the door in a closet. Just in case your house is not the place to be.

Much more info on ATS and in this thread.

Jude11

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is nice to know that I am not the only one on a very tight budget. But as hard as it is to find the extra money I am doing it. I use coupons to cut down on food cost & go to the dollar store to stock up on batteries, hydrogen peroxide. I buy baking soda, matches and rice when on sale. Someone suggested spend $5 per week to steadily build up your supplies. I am checking out Craig's List for generators and camping gear. Come two months from now the stores will be marking down their summer stuff- much of this stuff can go into SHTF box.

I was speaking to a neighbor about starting to learn survival skills. When I asked her if she thought about things like that, she replied that she was a den mother for the boys scouts for years, so she knew and had taught basic skills for years. Well big DUH to me. So to answer your question- Who is not making preparations? People like me- people who bought into the whole materialistic, let the good times roll way of life. People who never concerned themselves with unemployment and terrorist issues. Those things were bad and would never visit the greatest, richest country on the planet- Well surprise!!!! Reality visited me and it is hitting our country. Now at my age I am learning basic things that my grandparents could have taught me. Whether SHTF or not I will come out living a better life.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
me

because if the human race can survive 40 million dead and the bombings of nagasaki, hiroshima, london, berlin and dresden, we can survive a slow economy

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You know whats been picking em off the last few years....Mother Nature.

Enemy #1 on the list. She can hand you an earthquake, fire, lightening, or even a spot tornado among many things. I dont' think man in all his hate can come close to forces that can wipe out hundreds of thousands or even millions at once in the blink of an eye.

The rest are not really threats.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You all need to be careful about 'hoarding' food. I had about 2-300 cans of food stockpiled neatly on shelves. I a few cases of bottled water. I had about couple dozen boxes of cereal. There were a couple dozen boxes of pasta and some pasta sauce. CPS used that against me when they took my daughter, saying I was a hoarder and therefore had mental illness.

I tried to explain why I had so much food, but the fact that I was trying to explain myself was used against me as well. They said I had too much food.

They also found out I had PTSD from my ex's beating and torturing me for years. I had been functioning like that for 14 1/2 years, raising my daughter by myself, with the aid of public assistance at times. They used that against me because something 'might' happen, even though nothing had happened in all of these years.

PTSD isn't even a mental illness. It is a psychological injury.

I found out recently that my family had put in my kid's head to call the government on me over it. They all thought I was crazy for putting back some food.

Now, my daughter is going to be sent to live with a man who tortured me. His visitation rights had been terminated when she was two due to how violent he is. I say is because anyone who knows the dynamics of a batterer knows that these men never change. They live to control other people through any means necessary. He used to inflict injuries on her intentionally and tell me that it was my fault for leaving him. He wrote letters describing how he was going to kill me and my daughter and lick the blood up with his tongue. But the government thinks that he is a better person than I am. And I get flack for not trying to get along with him. Why should any victim of a violent crime be even expected to get along with his/her perp, regardless of who the perp is?

So, I say this as a warning to those who stockpile. The government can and will use it to take your children if they find out what you are doing. The pain of losing your child(ren) is indescribable.

So, if you have family members who are against that sort of thing, don't assume that they won't rat on you. You keep what you're doing secret from anyone you even think might be against it.

And don't think that other preppers will come to your defense if your kids are taken. They will automatically start on about how there has to be more to it and start referring to you as a child abuser. You will be guilty without a chance to prove your innocence. When the government attacks you, you will be alone. You will find out that all the like-minded people you thought were around you were two-faced all along.

And CPS workers will lie and say you admitted to stuff in the paperwork to build a stronger case against you. And no one will believe you when you say so. You will be publicly ostracized and your reputation ruined. And you will be powerless to do a thing about it.

They will only believe your children if it's something bad about you, no matter how outrageous it seems. If your children say something good about you they claim that you have the children brainwashed and use it as proof that the children need protected from you. And they will twist and spin every innocent little comment made into something monsterous to help their case against you.

They will lie and badmouth you to your children. In my case, they were telling my daughter that I didn't want her and wasn't doing anything to get her back. But I was jumping through all the hoops they put there to give the parents false hope of getting their children back, and my daughter saw this. My daughter learned they were lying and she and I have been closer now then we have in a long time. Some parents don't get that lucky though. Some of the children may believe it, especially when they're too young to see otherwise. It is very traumatic what they do to innocent children.

My daughter is so stressed out from what they've been doing to her that she throws up and has headaches. She's only 15 years old.

Just a heads up to other parents out there. Stockpiling food is seen by the government as proof of mental illness.

The only remote good thing that has come from my ordeal is that my mind has finally broke free of ever hoping for my family to change and that my daughter is seeing first hand how evil the government is and seeing that I was telling her the truth all along. Huge price to pay for such knowledge though. I don't think my daughter will ever doubt a thing I ever tell her again.

All it takes is one phone call to CPS, and they claim it is probable cause and will force their way into your home. All it takes is one family member, neighbor, friend, etc who thinks you are nuts for 'hoarding' to make that phone call. That one person you try to convince to prep for disaster could be the one to turn you in. So please, be cautious. It's too late for me, but if you still have your children then it's not too late for you. I know you may think nothing like that could ever happen, but I never thought anything like this would happen to me, either. I am not asking people to live in fear. I am asking people to be cautious and vigilant. I hope none of you end up like me and my child.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
We are just beginning. We just woke up and realized that the SHTF day may be upon us and we have two small children to ensure have a chance. For us there is no where to run. When you live on an Island and do not have a boat, where do you go? Feeling overwhelmed.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Does anyone have a recommendation on a water filter that will provide desalinization? Preferably something that will work with pump action. We are surrounded by water lots and lots of water. "Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink" In a SHTF situation water will mean life or death here. There are 3-4 water sources here
1. Rain-forest- not a viable for us
2. Rivers- polluted from runoff
3. Rain collection-cisterns
4. Water from public supply created from desalinization

*we have access to a rather large swimming pool but that water will only last so long as it is a shared source

So I need to do something after our 2-3 week reserve is gone as these are unreliable after the SHTF
edit on 23-7-2011 by IslandGirl because: grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think it's a very good idea to have a survival plan. But i am forced to either live in extreme poverty or go to prison off and on for life for not bieng able to pay child support. And bieng in extreme poverty does not give you room for setting up a decent survival plan.

If anything happens I along with the girl that takes me down will be left victims. So to sum it up.I have a woman parasiting off of me,making me a victim to whoever she's a victim to. Her bieng worthless as anything other than a victim makes my survival plan to completely avoid her and just maybe i wont be a victim with her if "THE # HITS THE FAN"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well...now that S&P has downgraded the U.S. credit rating...I think we'll have more members taking this particular forum, a bit more seriously. I'm really glad, so many ATS'ers have been posting valuable information here.

I also went out late this afternoon, and purchased more vegetable seeds for what is apparently, becoming a bleaker future outlook. I'm in a rural area, am very well prepared...I do wonder how all the city folks, who being prepared is, to expect my little patch of land, and water well to support them, will feel when I'm not that generous.

Des

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue5
Everyone around me thinks it's a crazy idea.( I live in a big city) I am doing this for my family. I go to the store and buy a few extra items each time. I have stored enough for a few months. Water is very important, you can't survive without water.
Whatever happens, I would like to be prepared. If you have some food and water, you can think and plan. People back in the day used to store food and can things themselves. Having food for any emergency is not a crazy or bugged out thing to do. I don't store food because I am scared to die. What if you live and starve to death? Or you watch your children starve. No one knows whats in store but, my inner self is saying something is coming and it is going to blow people's minds. Be prepared. Don't live in fear but, be safe rather than sorry.

Love this... People think I'm crazy for "stocking up" also. BUT if anything DOES happen, I have enough dehydrated veggies and jerky to last for about a year and am STILL getting fresh veggies and fruit on a daily basis to either dehydrate, make into jams and jellies, and even trail mixes. If anyone wants or needs a really good jerky recipe, I will post it.

I also recently purchased a water cooler for home use (with the hot, cold, and room temp) so I can have 5 gallon water bottles sitting around and no one questions it.

In my opinion, "can't afford to" is not a valid excuse. We aren't dirt poor, but there is no extra money here, and most of the fruits and veggies I get are free, I go out and pick the wild blackberries, and volunteer at the food bank so they give me a LOT of almost too ripe produce. I buy meat when it is on sale, and half of that is made into jerky, some to munch on and some to put away.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join