It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was ironic...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Good Luck!

Where are you looking at for ordering seeds?

Cheers mate & I think you're right about the deposit boxes.

I was looking at a heirloom seed website from arizona first but discovered food seeds can't be shipped into australia & can't even be shipped interstate, so where I live at least I need to find a shop online or otherwise that is located in my state. I found a couple, just google 'heirloom seeds' + your state & country & something should come up

peace!
-Bob

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

Originally posted by jude11
Good Luck!

Where are you looking at for ordering seeds?

Cheers mate & I think you're right about the deposit boxes.

I was looking at a heirloom seed website from arizona first but discovered food seeds can't be shipped into australia & can't even be shipped interstate, so where I live at least I need to find a shop online or otherwise that is located in my state. I found a couple, just google 'heirloom seeds' + your state & country & something should come up

peace!
-Bob

Got a few myself. Bought 200,000 heirloom organics.

Just wondering where you are getting yours.

Keep in mind that Canadians can't order wheat seeds from the US. Flax is the substitute.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm not making plans, because no one knows what the end will look like. Even if its nuclear war, does anyone REALLY know how to survive a nuclear war? does anyone have first hand experience.

All I'm doing is having a few water bottles, some canned food, and vitamin pill bottle.
That way I have enough for the first few days, and I can adapt to the current situation.
Although after the summer I plan on buying enough gear/food to last a month.

And hey, if I die I die, if I survive I survive.
I'm not trying to hard to prepare for anything. I'm just getting the basic needs set aside. Thats all you can really plan for honestly.
edit on 5-6-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Im currently doing nothing whatsoever to survive a SHTF scenario.

Why? The timing is bad for me, atm, I have other things that are more pressing. And, to be very honest, Im not really certain I give a damn about surviving. At the moment I have a "survive for what?" mindset, and a "cross that bridge when I get to it" feeling. I have guns, I am an excellent shot, I can and do grow food, I also know a lot of wild things that are edible. I have good connections with my neighbors, for working together. I have lots of practical skills, (building things, plumbing, etc) So I as a human being have better skills than the most urbanized of humans, but Im just overall sick of caring about "whats going to happen."

Im so sick of the way we have been living, the way people are, the way we treat each other, the greed, the selfish self centeredness and egotism that I really dont care very much right now what happens to humanity, including me.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing, for two reasons

1. If something was to go down, I doubt Australia would be a first target

2. It's hard to prepare for a disaster if you don't know what disaster it is

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more. "

Ive long since prepared for the REAL disasters that could strike my area.

The only thing I need is a car with a tank of gas to evacuate in case of a hurricane.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm not really doing a thing. Have some bottles of water, but that's mostly for the event of a temporary power outage due to storms or blizzards. I've read some things about preparing and looked at sites, but it all becomes overwhelming very quickly. Do you plan for a bio attack? Then you need gas masks - cha ching. Planning for an invasion, perhaps, then body armor and automatic weapons - cha ching. It gets to be too much to think about in addition to paying my bills, feeding my kids and doing laundry every day, lol. My husband is blissfully unaware that anything needs to be done, which is kinda a nice thing, but I'm worried about it and WANT to put some things aside without ringing up huge bills to do it. Just have no clue where to start. Duct tape and flashlight batteries?
edit on 8-6-2011 by lazydaisy67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazydaisy67
reply to post by jude11

I'm not really doing a thing. Have some bottles of water, but that's mostly for the event of a temporary power outage due to storms or blizzards. I've read some things about preparing and looked at sites, but it all becomes overwhelming very quickly. Do you plan for a bio attack? Then you need gas masks - cha ching. Planning for an invasion, perhaps, then body armor and automatic weapons - cha ching. It gets to be too much to think about in addition to paying my bills, feeding my kids and doing laundry every day, lol. My husband is blissfully unaware that anything needs to be done, which is kinda a nice thing, but I'm worried about it and WANT to put some things aside without ringing up huge bills to do it. Just have no clue where to start. Duct tape and flashlight batteries?
edit on 8-6-2011 by lazydaisy67 because: (no reason given)

I would not worry about bio attacks and the sort. If you live in america and have the right to own a firearm you owe it to youself and family to get one for those just in case events like a home invation.

The #1 SHTF issue WILL be the economy and a global collapse. Its going to happen. It’s a mathematical certainty now and its up to you to get ready. Read my post i linked to to get more info

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can tell, im sure you go to the store alot, food prices are going up and they will continue to go up in price. so buying in bulk now will save you on inflated food prices later.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

With that kind of attitude.
why not simply go sit on the freeway at rush hour?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No one can prepare for everything possible....and using that as an excuse to prepare for nothing isnt viable...we started by spending an extra 20 each trip to the grocery...dried stuff like milk,beans,rice,fruit and noodles..,honey,peanut butter,cornmeal,oil,etc...not much and not a lot...went out and bought a top-of-the-line water purifier,since water is gonna be # 1....a few camping items in a quality backpack.....thas all it took for me to say I am "prepping"...and it gives me some peace of mind....I still spend 20 a trip....so if I get flattened by a nuke or an asteroid(not likely) then I will have died content...but if something doesnt hit me right on,then I wont die of starvation or exposure...others can do whatever they want...its still a free counrty

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
No one can prepare for everything possible....and using that as an excuse to prepare for nothing isnt viable...we started by spending an extra 20 each trip to the grocery...dried stuff like milk,beans,rice,fruit and noodles..,honey,peanut butter,cornmeal,oil,etc...not much and not a lot...went out and bought a top-of-the-line water purifier,since water is gonna be # 1....a few camping items in a quality backpack.....thas all it took for me to say I am "prepping"...and it gives me some peace of mind....I still spend 20 a trip....so if I get flattened by a nuke or an asteroid(not likely) then I will have died content...but if something doesnt hit me right on,then I wont die of starvation or exposure...others can do whatever they want...its still a free counrty

Exactly, very simple.

2 days ago, there was a sale on canned soups. Regular price was 1.29 per can.

Sale price: .39 per can...I bought 6 cases and threw them into storage.

Done! Didn't hurt me a bit and if nothing happens, at the very least I saved money.

Thanx for your post.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm not doing anything. There is always about 2-3 weeks worth of food in the house anyway (I live in an isolated place), and I figure any disaster that results in such a total breakdown that 2-3 weeks of food doesn't get you through it, isn't even remotely surviveable anyway.

What with the packs of desperate people that will flood out from the cities to eat/loot anything and everything they come across, until everybody starves.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
I'm not doing anything. There is always about 2-3 weeks worth of food in the house anyway (I live in an isolated place), and I figure any disaster that results in such a total breakdown that 2-3 weeks of food doesn't get you through it, isn't even remotely surviveable anyway.

What with the packs of desperate people that will flood out from the cities to eat/loot anything and everything they come across, until everybody starves.

At least you have something.

Suggestion:

Next time you see a case of water on sale for a few dollars, buy a few cases and put them in a closet. If power goes, the water will eventually stop flowing and it would be wise to have clean drinking water on hand for a few weeks as well.

IMO

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And here is another angle....Ive been in 3rd world countries and seen starving children...I have kids at home....so if i dont do "something" and,later,I have to look at my kids saying"Daddy,Im hungry' because I didnt do anything to get ready for bad times(whatever they may be)...well,thats a karmic hit I just dont want to take....be different if I COULDNT do anything....I know there are peopleon tight budgets....its up to you

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
And here is another angle....Ive been in 3rd world countries and seen starving children...I have kids at home....so if i dont do "something" and,later,I have to look at my kids saying"Daddy,Im hungry' because I didnt do anything to get ready for bad times(whatever they may be)...well,thats a karmic hit I just dont want to take....be different if I COULDNT do anything....I know there are peopleon tight budgets....its up to you

To look at your child or spouse and say "I could have planned a little better, sorry we have no food or water' would be the worst feeling in the World.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

God swears by three areas in the Quran:
By the fig and the olive(which is referring to the figs and olives around temple of solomon), (1) By Mount Sinai(specifically tur mountain where Moses received the Book and Commandments), (2) And by this land made safe(Mecca; where these verses were revealed).

These areas won't see any earthquakes or volcanoes.

please watch with open heart.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I ~think~ I'd probably be okay for drinking water here, there are mountain streams, which when boiled should be safe enough to drink. And there is an old well on the property. So barring anything that pollutes the groundwater, I'd probably be alright for water.

Mind you, there is a fairly extensive list of catastrophes that could render all of those water sources potentially toxic.

I think I probably have a sense of greater safety because I live in the countryside already. I think if I lived in a city, the impulse would be to have more stuff in store just in case, just because I've seen how quickly panic buying can set in. For example, the first snow fall of the year? Virtually without fail, everybody runs to the local village store and buys EVERYTHING just in case.

... I think in like, the last 30 years I've lived here, the roads have been blocked by snowfall for precisely 1 day. But still, the behaviour of people is predictably amusing.

I'm rambling now.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue5
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I have bought water proof matches (fairly cheap) and I have stored extra dog food for the dogs. I think that storing for your animals is important too.

out of all honesty, ihave thought that if the shtf , i will be eating my three cats if need be, horrible i know but like some folks have said, you just dont know what you would do to avoid seeing your children starve to death. That said, Ifeel like something bad is coming our way too. My mother talks about planning but doesnt. I on the other hand, believe having heirloom vegetable seeds is most important, along with at least 9 to 12 months of food and water stored!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

nothing wrong with having a couple hundred pounds of dry dog food...my Shepherds are an integral part of my defense plan....as for something coming,look at the new thread about the 12 things the media is ignoring
edit on 6/21/2011 by Homedawg because: clarity

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join