It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey, where do you live? Is the weather usually nice over there? I sleep outside alot. I will have to travel somewhere a bit warmer than where i am right now. The camper is still holding up. I like to roam around alot. You have a well?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I'll be living in Wyoming. Not there yet, still busy fullfilling certain government obligations. Got the property and the house though. Just making time until I can get "free".

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by beezzer

Hey, where do you live? Is the weather usually nice over there? I sleep outside alot. I will have to travel somewhere a bit warmer than where i am right now. The camper is still holding up. I like to roam around alot. You have a well?

You'd be moe than welcome.

My dogs get hungry.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Oh, dogs. I love animals, i'll be sure to feed them. Are they big dogs? I'll give large portions.
How many are there? What kinds are they? You know that some dogs are better than others for their purpose, it is good to have dogs in the survival. Are you in the woods or an open grassy area? I have a pitbull, nice dog. I think that a dog serves man for good survival prep.
edit on 22-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: to add more about survival preparations.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'll be easy to find in Wyoming, I stick out like a sore thumb. I wear jeans, a cowboy hat, and drive a large vehicle that has 4 wheel drive. I own animals and live right outside of town.

You can't miss me.

Oh, and this is a dead give-a-way to where I live, you can see mountains from my house.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seems like a lovely place to go camping. Are the mountains close? In survival, it is a good idea to stay close to a water source. Maybe there is a stream or river that comes off the mountains. I bet the scene is just wonderful. How far is the mountains from where you are? I bet that a person could live in those mountains. If i recall, alot of pine trees in your area. Do you hunt rabbits? I love to go rabbit hunting. The dog does too. I do not think i really need to make survival prep. , i have it all right here in my motor home, or i can just pick it out of the woods or wherever i go. I'm a traveling man. What i need, i can get or make. After all, when a person is in a bind when the shtf everyone and his brother will need something some time. It only a matter of time when it all runs out, so you have to be prepared for the worst.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My approach is slightly different. I'm 64 and have somewhat limited mobility. If I bug out, I'll be hurting, so it is better to stay put. My family survived the depression and warned me about problems, so we learned to be self reliant. I'm fully prepared to defend my home if necessary.

Over the years I've filled my larder with food. I've some negotiable metals. Enough meds to take care of my infirmities for maybe 90 days. I live on a farm, far into the country. The house is high on a hill, so flooding isn't an issue. Its a 150 y/o house and just sways during earthquakes. We have a generator and our own water. Also have lots of candles and gas lanterns. Cars are well maintained. We raise some of our own food, and beverages, but if we need something else, we can rely on others locally who butcher, or have greenhouses, or make clothing or ??? We heat with coal and wood, and keep more than a year's supply on hand, and we don't need electric to run the heating. Coal and wood also fire a spare cook stove. We and our neighbors are independent, but we trust each other.

Our project this year is to build a greenhouse and raise veggies and fish for eating. Nothing elaborate, just enough for us and a little extra to share.

If the problem hits here, it will likely be everywhere.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Well I have to say that you sound ready and capable to weather out an emergency scenario.

I live in the Country as well and it's where I'll stay. Just seems that we learn more about survival out here than we realize. More self reliance.

And it's quiet too!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Prepping isn't always about food, water. guns and ammo.
It is also about knowledge and pratical applicaition.
Many people think you have to have tons supplies... be it food, guns, packs, knives, stoves, fuel, or whatever else you can think of.
Those all assist you in helping with your survival and I am sure they will help you, but you need to be able to use them correctly. There are a lot of people that think...hey I have a gun and a pack, now I will instantly become a rambo or some other billy bob bad ass....without knowing how to use the items that they just purchased.
Use your mind, it is by far your best tool....I just wanted to put that out there for everyone.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
Prepping isn't always about food, water. guns and ammo.
It is also about knowledge and pratical applicaition.
Many people think you have to have tons supplies... be it food, guns, packs, knives, stoves, fuel, or whatever else you can think of.
Those all assist you in helping with your survival and I am sure they will help you, but you need to be able to use them correctly. There are a lot of people that think...hey I have a gun and a pack, now I will instantly become a rambo or some other billy bob bad ass....without knowing how to use the items that they just purchased.
Use your mind, it is by far your best tool....I just wanted to put that out there for everyone.

Couldn't agree more.

Well said.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have a very large group of very talented friends.

We are suckers for a challenge,
(We like to play Contra without using the 30 man cheat if you catch my float)

What I think is far more useful than any camping supply is a group of loyal friends who have your back.

Power in Numbers.

Also,

Death is only the beginning

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
hi guys

I found an interesting new film

take shelter

Maybe TPTB are using mind games making us think we are mental by thinking the SHFT will happen.

just an idea.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
because when it is your time it is your time... period... no matter how much you prepare if it's your time your just gone.... when shtf i will take my family and we will be on the move and travel light.... good luck to everybody bunkered down

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well i have changed my mind. The more I learn, the clearer it gets. . . . anyways, I spent plenty of time on here looking for the best places to be. Thankfully I live in Canada
A few years of supplies and I should be fine. Time is running out!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattime
Well i have changed my mind. The more I learn, the clearer it gets. . . . anyways, I spent plenty of time on here looking for the best places to be. Thankfully I live in Canada
A few years of supplies and I should be fine. Time is running out!

Canada here as well!

And yes, it's getting very clear.

Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm finally getting around to it due to comet elenin/solar flare warnings & despite being agnostic & disliking christianity a verse from the bible helped me decide too.

It went something like "the aware man can prepare for what lies ahead while the blind man stumbles ignorantly forward & suffers the consequences"

made sense to me.

I'm currently trying to convince some family to save their own funds rather than getting insurance & to allocate these savings to various needs themselves, to buy fireproof safe's & put their savings in that or get a security deposit box (which is as far as I know is legally still your property even if the bank goes bust)

I'm trying to buy heirloom seeds & find a solution to trying to develop the equivalent of a portable greenhouse & currently considering electromagnetic shielding or non-electric options to essentials. I am still the only person I know making any preparations whatsoever.

not keen on the bug out option but I'm a noob to this whole way of thinking though so pretty unsure about alot of it.

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 3/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
I'm finally getting around to it due to comet elenin/solar flare warnings & despite being agnostic & disliking christianity a verse from the bible helped me decide too.

It went something like "the aware man can prepare for what lies ahead while the blind man stumbles ignorantly forward & suffers the consequences"

made sense to me.

I'm currently trying to convince some family to save their own funds rather than getting insurance & to allocate these savings to various needs themselves, to buy fireproof safe's & put their savings in that or get a security deposit box (which is as far as I know is legally still your property even if the bank goes bust)

I'm trying to buy heirloom seeds & find a solution to trying to develop the equivalent of a portable greenhouse & currently considering electromagnetic shielding or non-electric options to essentials. I am still the only person I know making any preparations whatsoever.

not keen on the bug out option but I'm a noob to this whole way of thinking though so pretty unsure about alot of it.

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 3/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you got it under control at least. Personally, I would stay away from safety deposit boxes tho. It doesn't really matter if it is legally yours or not. If the doors are locked, you ain't getting in.

There was also another thread here somewhere talking about the scenario of silver and gold stashed in there. If they want it bad enough, they'll start checking deposit boxes first. Sounds about right IMO.

Anyhoo...Good Luck!

Where are you looking at for ordering seeds?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Why would I prepare and make reserves?? The first day of the crisis (if it comes) anarchy will flood the streets and you will be able to rob the first supermarket with all the things you need...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Best dogs for survival: The Cairn terrier. Barks only when a person or animal is near the house. Hunts obsessive compulsively when out doors. Will kill baby rabbits, snakes, mice, rats, lizzrds, barks at turtles and large birds.
Not quite fast enough to catch a squirrel. Box turtles are inedible due to the fact that they eat poisonous mushrooms. Its the lake turtles a person can eat. Other good dogs are probably the Irish Wolf hound who can bring down deer and really protect people. The pit bull is just a scary unpredictable dangerous liability.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metaphysic
Why would I prepare and make reserves?? The first day of the crisis (if it comes) anarchy will flood the streets and you will be able to rob the first supermarket with all the things you need...

Yup, along with everyone else.

And then you may have a gun, as well as 100 other people in that store.

I'd rather head away from the crazy and desperate than be in a building wrestling over the last can of beans.

IMO.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join