Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'll just answer for myself (and without reading any of this thread)...

I am not preparing for anything because nothing is going to happen. Great for you if you think it is worth "preparing" for (it's your own money to waste however you want), but it's completely insane to honestly expect it to happen.

Don't mean to be rude about it, but it's just inexcusable for any rational person to have these worries.

If I'm wrong? I'll probably be dead anyway, and it won't bother me (I won't even get started on the whole "afterlife"... theory). Life isn't as precious as some people want to believe.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
wow
The responses to this thread blow my mind, sadden me, yet in an oddly perverse way relieve me.
I find it hard to fathom that members of this website, of all places, are shown every time they come here WHY it is soooo important to have a plan and prepare for when TSHTF, and yet they arent.

As I read the majority of posts, it is clear that many people on this forum will not survive when it all comes down. I cannot understand why ANYONE would not be grabbing a few extra items when they go to the market, like dried beans, rice, a few extra cans, etc...it really is NOT that hard.
Sock away just 1 dollar a day and before you know it, you have enough to get a water purification device.
To me, it is madness to not be setting some things aside.

After reading all these posts of people who are aware enough to be members of this website, yet still so apathetic as to be doing little to no preparation for when things get difficult boggles my mind. To me, this only indicates that the general population is probably doing even less than nothing!

It saddens me to think about the demise of all the people, naive and ignorant alike, who coulda, woulda, shoulda... but didnt.

Perversely, this will make things a bit easier for those of us who do have a plan, are learning skills and are making preparations, as there will be FAR fewer people competing for resources.

God bless us all
edit on 29-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
wow
The responses to this thread blow my mind, sadden me, yet in an oddly perverse way relieve me.
I find it hard to fathom that members of this website, of all places, are shown every time they come here WHY it is soooo important to have a plan and prepare for when TSHTF, and yet they arent.

Absolutely!

I'll bet the people in tornado alley are looking back and wishing they at least stored up on water, a few dried noodles and a camp stove. It doesn't have to be for the end times, but at least for the immediate disasters that are prevalent today.

Ain't nothing to at least have a case of water, knife, blanket, beans, hell even Twinkies!

All in a closet by the door. Can't get a back pack? Put it all in a Glad bag! Portable and water proof.

Lighter, pot, pan, boots, socks, tarp. We all have these in the house. Put them near the door and be ready for anything. Could be a flood, tornado, power out...whatever.

Thanks for your reply!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Let these current disasters serve as a reminder of what should have been, if no prepared already, to prepare for them. Start small if you have to, work your way up. I've done it before, because of location,etc. Being even aware is better than nothing, of options in case of emergency.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I make no survival preparations, because I need medication to survive which I can not get in sufficient amounts to make a stash. In case of a catastrophy, I will die by lack of medication.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am investing in silver and maybe gold, it depends how much money I can make lol. Other than that I am not making any other preparations. Personally, I do not see the point of making lengthy preparations or of finding a safe place to be. I could have had a place in an underground complex and survive for a few more years. I didnt take this chance however, because it would be playing into fear about the comming harvest. With plenty of people shouting "run, hide, prepare! " it is a personal choice for myself. Besides, this is only the physical. I will die eventually, so to me there is no point is wasting time in these distractions. My time is much better spent developing myself.

No fear mongering here.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am by no means on the extreme end of being prepared. But I'm probably more prepared than most people. And as I live on the Gulf coast where hurricanes are a real threat, being prepared is justified.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Why I'm not preparing. Well, I feel like if I were meant to survive I will. I've been handed the blunt end of the stick my whole life. I'm 27 just finally got to college and am doing excellent, except I'm in debt up to my chin from things before school, can't get credit, can barely pay bills and afford food etc.

Ive watched things build up for quite some time and just can't seem to get my # together. I don't know where I would get the money or resources to do such a thing.

I'm at the point of offering myself as a slave to someone with shelter if something is going to happen, I'm a hard worker a great cook and very smart, I just don't have money nor has my family ever had money.

Basically why I'm just gonna hope for the best
edit on 20-5-2011 by eleventhsun because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I'm not, i dont know what coming. but when it comes then i'll know. if i'm willed to live then somehow i will survive if not then so be it. whats the point of preparing when you might die anyway. let things sort themselves out.

i'll probably loot. in times of chaos its better when you have nothing to lose!

If your looting the dead, then good luck to you, if your looting the living hope
they are not armed and or none of their friends see you doing it.

I have been preparing for a few years, surprised it has been a slow motion crash like
this but I guess we didn't build this house of cards overnight either.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I must say...after reading and hearing so much...confusion sets in. Bring this and that, I must admit it's making my head spin. My wife and I are very new (noobs) to this. Any and all help is appreciated, Like I tell my kids K.I.S.S.

thanx

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrussian63
I must say...after reading and hearing so much...confusion sets in. Bring this and that, I must admit it's making my head spin. My wife and I are very new (noobs) to this. Any and all help is appreciated, Like I tell my kids K.I.S.S.

thanx

Wow, big subject with so many opinions, ideas, suggestions etc.

I would start with reading through this thread as there are a lot of people sharing their info and plans. Then maybe post a direct question(s) so to make it easier to zero in on.

There also many other survival threads of course...many.

Thanks and welcome to the thread!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i'm all prepared. All the stuff is all over the place. All i have to do is go find it, and most likely it is in your house. Easy pickens.
So keep supplies up for me. Some houses may offer less and i may need more. I will come to get it in the middle of the night when you are sleeping. You have to sleep sometime, you know. Then, when i figured that i have enough stuff that i need, i just move on to the next house.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanx jude11 will do and questions will be forth coming.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have no reason to "prepare". I'll survive in the shadows, be the reason you guys stock up on weapons. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
i'm all prepared. All the stuff is all over the place. All i have to do is go find it, and most likely it is in your house. Easy pickens.
So keep supplies up for me. Some houses may offer less and i may need more. I will come to get it in the middle of the night when you are sleeping. You have to sleep sometime, you know. Then, when i figured that i have enough stuff that i need, i just move on to the next house.

And you didn't even check out the cold metal object on the night stand next to the bed...tsk tsk.

edit on 21-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You will be so tired that you will wake up and the thing next to you, your gun, will be gone, along with some food. By the time you wake up, i will be miles away filling my face with food.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I live in a small apartment in a big city. Even so, I've managed to stash away about 6 months' food and water. If whatever it is that happens goes on longer than that I figure its enough of a problem that I'd be screwed either way so there is no point worrying about it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
I live in a small apartment in a big city. Even so, I've managed to stash away about 6 months' food and water. If whatever it is that happens goes on longer than that I figure its enough of a problem that I'd be screwed either way so there is no point worrying about it.

Many think that the only reason for these threads is for the End of the World Scenario but it's not. It's about survival.

Katrina, Japan, Haiti, Chili, and on and on.

You having 6 months worth gives you a leg up in a possible SHTF scenario regardless of what it is.

We can't guess at the event, duration or extent. But even a bottle of water and a bag of cookies in a car has helped a lot of people stuck in traffic for hours on a hot highway.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There is a chance of something happening everyday, imo... For what come's when ever, ill worry then. We will survive. Don't be scared.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In 14 months (if we make it that long) I'll have solar panels, private water source, food, weapons and enough farm stock to ride out whatever (zombie, economy, nuke) event(s) that take place.
Call me crazy, but the idea of living off the grid has always been a dream of mine.

new topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join