It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamie Olivers: Food Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Jessie Oliver is a healthy way of eating advocate. he has a show this is his second season. In season one he took on a small town in virginia and actually got the school district to feed the children healthy foods. This season he headed to Los Angeles, Tuesdays airing was stunning. Watch the 43 minute video.
abc.go.com...

What disturbs me to the ut-most is our government is putting using amonia alcohol to sterilize the ecoli meat. watch the video...its sickening.

edit on 14-4-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

about 10 minutes in you see how the industry uses monia in our beef.
edit on 14-4-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

If it was up to me, Id make Jamie Oliver a knight tomorrow, even quite possibly prime minister. The guys a true philanthropist, he really actually cares about the food we put into our children, and has met with a lot of hostility because of this, both here and across the ocean. Il watch the vid tonight, cheers op.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I see a conspiracy in this, he found a major wrong in our food industry, and for some odd reason I feel like they are trying to kill us...what do you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the post above should had been a room reply sorry for replying to myself

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have never seen Jamie Oliver's show before now...don't watch much TV.
This man is a HERO...plain and simple grass roots...going up against one of the WORST school districts in the states, LA is all about the Money and Greed. They will not budge too far...used to live in Cali...in LA...and for as "healthy" they portray themselves to be...small government is just as bad as big government....the school systems are just another tenticle on the body of the octopus!

REAL food will soon become a thing of the past unless we fight for our rights to live. Yes, there is a conspiracy to kill off the human race by controlling their food. There is a monster loose....it is government both big and small...their food is greed, human rights, control...etc.

Jamie Oliver is correct in trying to explain that even fast food can be healthy if one chooses the correct combinations...His smoothie/milk shake...very good...I make them and find them to be better tasting than the shake/smoothie made with milk and ice creme. His angus burgers...love them...but I hold a personal preference to grass fed buffalo or ostrich/emu.

Most of the people in America's larger cities do not have the money, I'm one of them, to be eating things like Angus Beef, yogurt (the real stuff, not Yoplait), fresh fruit and veggies (spent $170 bucks for a weeks worth of fruit, veggies, salad, vinegar and oil, fish, rice...this was for 2 people. Imagine if you are feeding more).

Sadly, there is a down side to eating healthy....the government will price us right out of eating that which is good for us and force us into eating their cheap, unhealthy swill.

I did tear up...he was getting the proverbial California finger....and man, he did try. I can only hope that California still has it in her to stand up for their children and he can light a fire under their butts....Thanks for sharing the story.

ETA: I also thank him for showing the world what the MYSTERY MEAT that is used in most burger patties is. Like I said in another post...Arsnic is used to fatten chicken...and now, Amonia is used to wash trash meat before it is added to fast food and cheap hamburger. No thanks...will not eat that crap ever again...will you?
edit on 14-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: to add content

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Lots of Europeans are amazed at the food that is legal in America.

Jamie Oliver is a hero.

Oprah was sued for trying to do what he is doing.

Watch Food Inc and you'll stop eating hamburgers so frequently.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
everything jamie oliver does i find quite impressive, but then i see all his super market ads and book deals. then i think he's just another filthy rich celeb who feels guilty about how much money he's got.
i think he is genuine sometimes, but he's naive if he think he can actually make a difference
but still, he's happy to do the supermarket ads, so honestly i think he's full of #

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

The problem is that it's bad timing in America.. I think under different economic times his ideas would get vast majority support..

But schools are laying teachers off left and right, shuttering entire buildings, combining class rooms..
They don't have the money for healthy food.. and healthy food is expensive! Taking his plans would drastically increase the budget for food/food prep at a time when schools are cash strapped.

Instead of persuading schools to be healthy, he needs to persuade state Congresses to be healthy and to go from there.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

the food industry is the most messed up industry in existance
just watch the documentary food inc

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Lots of Europeans are amazed at the food that is legal in America.

Jamie Oliver is a hero.

Oprah was sued for trying to do what he is doing.

Watch Food Inc and you'll stop eating hamburgers so frequently.

Ive been twice to the states, once in a restaurant i had a salad and they asked if i wanted american cheese or swiss cheese, so i decided to live a little and asked for american, i could believe it when i realised that american cheese was processed square, guys your considered the greatest country in the word, SORT YOUR CHEESE OUT

On a serious note, i watched the programme where he went to that town in america, and damn they werent gonna accept his ways, it was only when he made an issue of showing people the giant size coffins and low mortaity rate, did people start to listen,. I mean, these people, who nuture your american young are feeding your kids choclate milkshake and pizza for breakfast in school,dont get me wrong, the same things happen over here but not quite to that extent.
Im also fed up of people saying that healthy food is expensive, ive heard this arguement so many times in the last twenty years, the truth is people will not spend the time to prepare heathy foods. in this society other things are more important.
I was in the supermarket a couple of hours ago and bananas were £1 for 8 and a chocolate bar or a pack of crisps is 50p. I could give many more examples.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, I don't think. Perhaps a bad practice...who knows. I would have to see what ammonia does to meat before i decide.

However, Jamie is pursuing the use of "The Miracle Berry" to make previously bad tasting items actually taste good enough to be food. Thinks like grasses that are sour or bitter.

The Miracle Berry grows in West Aftrica, and when you eat it it alters the way you perceive taste, so that the most sour lemon will taste very sweet.

The impact it could have on malnutrition is staggering. but the impact you could have on obesity by removing sugar from the Western diet would be almost just as big.

ironic that the West and third world have problems that are such polar opposites.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I personally think Jamie Oliver is a pretentious asshat. Do you honestly believe he's making a show in America because he really cares for American kids? Its no different than a UK pop singer trying to break into American music. Its all good advertising to sell more books, up his profile and fatten his wallet.
Gordon Ramsay has done the exact same thing, except that he doesn't pretend to give a crap.

When Jamie tried that here in the UK, parents were soon seen at the school gates at lunchtime, armed with bags of fish & chips and McDonalds.
My daughters primary school banned chocolate altogether, to the point where they would check the contents of their lunchboxes. I think it is pathetic that anyone should attempt to tell me what I can and can't feed my children.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OllyP

I get what you are saying, and absolutely detest any trespasses on liberty and freedom. No man should think on behalf of another man.

But education? Yeah, I think that is the key. On January 1st I weighed 430 lbs. Today I weigh 315. Know what the difference is? I took a few days looking into nutrition and figuring out how various nutritional elements are processed in the body.

There is a body chemistry. If you don't acknowledge this, you are basically putting motor oil in your gas tank. You have to know what it takes to make your machine run properly, and how to use your body machine to help maintain itself.

My cholesterol went from 189 down to 175, and I am eating a high fat/low carb diet. My blood sugar is more stable (although it has never been a problem). My BP was always typically in the 140/80 range. It has now dropped to the 120's/80's.

It is all carbs. The body isn't meant to take in large amounts of carbs. When you do, your cholesterol goes up, body fat is stored, and triglycerides skyrocket. It is the recipe to look like a fat westerner. Conversely, the other thing you can burn for energy is fat. The Second Law Of Thermodynamics dictates that fat will not be stored as fat on the body. It will be burned or excreted. If you get your calories from fat instead of carbs, blood fat levels drop and body fat deposits are reduced and burned.

I will tell you, Mcdonalds and fish n chips are not how it has been done. Parents should be free to feed their children in a manner they see fit. However, they should not do so in ignorance. Educate them and let them know what it is they are doing and how it relates to their body chemistry. With McD's and fried fish, it isn't the fats, it is the carbs. The breads, the potatoes, the sugar in the soft drink. That is what turns into body fat, and makes it into the bloodstream and fat reserves.

edit on 19-4-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Education is the key to the problem. My wife and I are both Chefs and run a restaurant for the elderly. It is very important that we get things nutritionally right for these people as most of them are ill to some degree.
My own personal experience is that chocolate by itself will not make you fat. I spent a couple of years eating chocolate almost exclusively. I never put on a pound, infact I lost weight. I was a stereotypical Englishman with bad teeth and chocolate requires very little chewing. Eventually they got so bad I had to have them all out. At that point I was just over 8 stone and I'm 5ft 11inches. Post removal I was immediatley eating high carb meals, lots of potato and pasta and put on 2 stone in 2 months. I've levelled off at about 11.5 stone. I've always been a bit lean and that point in my life really showed me where people get their "fat" from.

top topics

join