It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic New SuperOrganism with 'Social Intelligence' is Devouring the Titanic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sometimeswelose

You could say that all of 'biological' life is one giant 4billion yr old 4D super organism - since we are all directly related to every other organism on earth - incredibly sophisticated and complex.

However the Social (astral) world is another (younger) universe altogether - separate rules language and currencies.

As is the Mental intellectual world

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I agree

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Cool thread, these little critters that spawn in the most unlikely of places are always interesting to watch. Because everybody always wants to create some sort of super technology or nano bot or a colony of nano bots for whatever purpose, but little do they know that all of that already exists and has existed for a long long time, and humanity one can say is just another such super organism, and nature always finds ways to keep things moving along, no matter what all the little critters living on and in earth happen to do. Thats why I always say humanity cant hurt the earth, they can only hurt themselves, and we sure do have big egos and lots of confidence. But confidence as that saying goes, is just the felling you get before you fully understand the situation, in other words ignorance.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

yeah it is interesting, 1000's of years from now we will probably be doing battle with these types of organisims too...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yeah, but we're human and we have 254 UNIQUE TO ONLY US genes that we don't share with any of the creepy-crawlies, dolphins, bacteria, or your lat stool sample....254 special, 100% extra terrestrial genes.

Source: Human Genome Project

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There is much in the ocean we don't undertsand yet. Maybe there is something down there more intelligent that you, who knows?

As for me, I regard myself more intelligent than a 'primitive' micro organism. Well, at last I an take my own life, they can't, I can make concious decisions to let others live or die, I can choose who I want to mate with for life etc etc etc.

I don't know about you, but you have us worried with your theories.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join