It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Polygamy be legal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Our relationship is sacred too. I love each of them and they love each other as sisters. We all decide issues togather, etc

And for the others questions......

Gays can do it
Woman can have mutipule husbands too
any combination where EVERYONE is happy and no one is abused

Got to go its friday night and taking the girls out

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I 'personally' do not believe in polygamy because 'I feel' I can only give my heart to one person. However I completely accept the way I think is not how other people think. I cannot see anything rationally wrong with polygamy so long as both parties accept multiple partners and they are happy with that. I would vote to legalize it. No one has the right to impress personal beliefs on others if it does not negatively affect either party. If someone in a polygamous relationship and is not happy with it then they can just leave and have a monogamous relationship.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kove400
reply to post by lastrebel

Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read that He made them at the beginning made them male and female,"

1 Corinthians 7:2 "But because of whoring, let each one have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband."

There are many other passages that talk about having 1 man and 1 woman, but I go by what Scripture says, not what man thinks we should have. Once man sinned, he did have multiples wives, such as Solomon and David, and those before the flood. Now it was originally not meant for that but it seemed for the purpose of popluting the planet, it was allowed by Yahuwah(or you who call God) for the time being.

Also, woman can only be pregnant with one child, except when twins and such, and they only have 2 breasts, if they were meant to have multiple children at once, they would have more breasts like animals, cats, dogs, etc.

Anyways to answer the question, we shouldnt have polygamy just cause it isnt right in the Creator's eyes. Cause the world is becomming more corrupt everyday, that is why gay rights came to be, and many other sick twisted things on their way. Soon they will allow abortions of children up to 2 years old, rape, and beastiality if used not to hurt the animal...We live in a screwed up world thanks to sin and Satan.
edit on 14-4-2011 by kove400 because: (no reason given)

So god can freely change his mind about sin like a light switch? What about the passage, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." ? Another fallacy of the Bible. Your argument makes no sense, but where it really starts falling into the realm of insanity is when you say "Soon they will allow abortions of children up to 2 years old, rape, and beastiality if used not to hurt the animal". Where do you get this stuff?? Are you that crazy that you think homosexuality will somehow lead to legal murder of children, legal rape, and legal bestiality?! WTF is wrong with you??!

Polygamy should be legal because there's no reason for it not to be. It's not the government's business who people marry. Personally, I think marriage itself is an imaginary concept. I happen to be happily married, but only because the government almost requires you to get married if you want a family. Governments are instituted in order to control people, and marriage helps the government keep up with its slaves and control them.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes....... I think women should be able to mary all the men thay want.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
To my understanding its all equal. ( as equal as it can get, considering the women have no " voice " per say )

Try telling mine that..............lol.

Trust me with 2...soon to be three..........they have a LOT to say

I admit its different in some of the more cultlike groups......but bringing it all out in the open would help the wives in those situations

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I haven't been able to read the entire thread, by here is my opinion:

Most people think men get into polygamy just because they want to have sex with more then one woman... This would be the only thing you could say against polygamy, if it were even true.... Any man can go out and have sex with a prostitute for a FRACTION of the cost. Why would a man devote all his time and money to multiple wives?? Well, in my opinion, it's a TEST for a man to have such a large family. If he is able to successfully make it work, then he surely is a great man. Not only this, but polygamists families usually have a MUCH better family environment, for the exact reason stated above.

I'm get tired of hearing people say it's degrading women and that the men just want more sex, it's completely absurd. They don't have a problem with Hugh Hefner having 50 "girlfriends" that he has sex with on a regular bases, but if a man wants to be with more then one woman, except in this case MARRY and TAKE CARE of them, it's "disgusting and degrading", and not only that.. ILLEGAL!

But putting ALL of that aside, what right it is of anyone to say you can't get married with more then one person? It's your life, it's your choice. That being said, i would never marry more than one woman. Hell, I wouldn't marry ONE!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Polygamy should not be recognised by the state/fed
Monogomy should not be recognised by the state/fed

Why do we have the state/fed recognising religious institutions of any sort between two people...if a religion wants to do a ceremony to unite a couple, a few, a group, then great..leave it to the church, temple, some dudes backyard, whatever...the state should remain neutral about such things and let religions decide

As far as tax breaks and all that stuff, I think a single partner (even in polygamy circles, there is usually a 1st) for a union that you choose, be it your loving wife, best friend, or whatever else...the one that gets your power of attorney and other such stuff...only 1 and any direct offspring to have legal benefits of what a current marital unit allows.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1984 is now
Yes....... I think women should be able to mary all the men thay want.

Me too. What matters most is their is a stable loving relationship.............the make up of the sexes are up to those involved

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Sure! I totally agree...I think a woman should marry as many men as she wants. Live and let live.
Second Line.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oonzpoonz

You are 100% correct. Its not easy and the more you add the harder it gets......but the rewards are great......and I am not talking about sex. More paychecks......more hands to help around the house.....more free time for everyone.......the girls have another woman to talk to about those things "I just dont understand"......lol

Jealousy has come up several times......they are more concerned about who gets to ride behind me on my harley than the fact I have sex with each.................lol

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I support it and I'm female. If some guy or girl chooses to have more than one spouse (adult and consenting) why should anyone else care what they do? Not all humans are designed to be monogamous.
I also support same sex marriage of course....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
If polygamy is legal, it is legal for both men and women.

Which would lead to inbreeding, disease, and yet more murders and yet more wars.

So my answer is that polygamy is not only immoral, it leads to the death of mankind.

I would love for you to explain EXACTLY how having mutipule spouses will lead to inbreeding, disease, and murder........please be specific

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Poligamy was and is the best form of reproducing with all mamals because having sex and children is not about loving your wife and respecting her and all that crap, its about keeping our species alive and if you think otherwise you are selfish.

Just look: the white race imposes by law that no man should have more than 1 wife and we are becomming extinct, i bet in 400-500 years there will be no more white race. Now look at the arabic and black and asian(?) communities which allow poligamy, they flurish and i bet they will become the predominant races of the world.

The only thing white people did was to regulate themselves with no reason, making up rules because some nut job decided that our race should become extinct in some time because i don't know (insert reason here).

A man with multiple wives, a wife with multiple husbands, it doesn't matter as long as we will not become an extinct species because of our selfishness and stupidity.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I agree that the government should back off. Has anyone ever read Mark Twain's "Roughing It?" The section that he wrote about Brigham Young, and how he had so many wives and children? I thought it was hilarious. Every time he got something for one wife, he would have to get the same thing for every wife; same with the children, or everyone would get upset. He wrote about how one day a man gave one of his children a whistle, and how he had to get all of the other children a whistle, and since he had SO MANY children...well, you get the idea, lol...I don't know if that was a true story, but it was entertaining, even though it is a 19th century book.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Absolutely!!

I would luuurrve lots of husbands to take care of me (and...ahem...take care of me
)

Awesome!

Anyone up for my men harem??

Didn't think so

Its all about the guys as usual..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TransJenny

Neah, you could have a lot of men but there is a bad side to this

Not using protection will cause you to become a Stargate for children

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Actually thinking on this topic and what people are talking about on it being for both and all sexes, that they have a different label for such things and Wikipedia breaks it down into 3 basic categories though there are more then those under different systems.
en.wikipedia.org...

1:When a man is married to more than one wife at a time, the relationship is called polygyny.

2:When a woman is married to more than one husband at a time, it is called polyandry.

3:If a marriage includes multiple husbands and wives, it can be called group marriage.

So this thing covers more then just the basic precepts of polygamy, but yada yada yada and bla bla bla, whatever floats peoples boats because who really cares, I sure as hell don't other then to keep people who are not compatible from creating to many headaches and much noise about something they all play along with. So here is another thread on this subject that I remember of the top of my head. For those who are interested on getting to know the good, the bad, and the ugly, under this system, because no doubt all 3 exist in there own contexts, this thread went a little more in dept on this subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Stargate for kids huh??

Funniest thing I have read all week

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

just where on earth are the countries that have a common practice of polygamy flourishing?? seems to me, most are poor third world nations whose women are second class citizens, and well, many of the children are good poster children for feed the starving children charities....name one country that accepts polygamy that doesn't fit that description....as far as one wife, many husbands goes, that would be a good solution to birth control, since well, you have only one oven for many men to bake the children in??

as far as why so many western women not wanting to have any children, well.....
that might be more of a testament to just how poorly we recognize women and motherhood in society in the past centuries. women were finally given an out to the proverty they knew could very well be in thier futures once the husband passed away.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I am sure this will be moved or trashed like most my threads but here we go............

With all the interest in Gay rights there is another segment of society that is quitely growing and starting to want their rights too.....polygimists.

Why should we not have the same rights as everyone else? Polygomy has been the rule in most of the world throughout most of history.........it isnt a "sin" according to any religion I know of and where I am its pretty common.....though low keyed. Isnt it time for us to come out of the closet?

Yes. Polygamy should be legal. As long as everyone involved are consenting adults. Why the hell shouldn't it. Doesn't affect my life.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join