It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: We wont stop flotilla to Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Turkey: We wont stop flotilla to Gaza

www.ynetnews.com

Turkey said on Thursday it had received a request from Israel to help stop activists sailing to Gaza on the first anniversary of an Israeli raid on a Turkish ship, but it said the flotilla plan was not Ankara's concern.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here we go again. This time these pro activists cant complain, they have been warned.
Israel's ambassador to Turkey, Gaby Levy, asked the Turkish government this week to help stop the activists, saying sending humanitarian aide to Gaza outside legal channels was a "provocation," an Israeli diplomatic official told Reuters.
The Free Gaza Movement, a pro-Palestinian activist umbrella group, has said that a flotilla expected in late May would comprise 15 ships with international.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Check the Israeli response:

Israel has also asked the United Nations to help stop the activists. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that the mission of ships "was being organized by Islamic extremist elements" intent on bringing about "a flare-up."

Hmm...

Seems like someone is bending the truth here somewhere - but who?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

they told them the ships can go in after inspection. if they dont agree then its prob full of weapons...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

No. It's probably full of food and medical supplies.

If they refuse inspection, it's because Israel confiscates a great deal of supplies from them, as they have Palestine on lockdown and refuse basic medical supplies and foodstuffs to the people.

Why would they announce a major flotilla operation, and then try to "secretly" smuggle weapons. Get real.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Maybe it's more to do with the principle of providing aid to a nation they consider a seperate entity i.e. the people of Gaza shouldn't have to be 'allowed' aid from Israel.
Regardless, I just hope it doesn't get out of control like last time, likewise I hope if the situation does get tense, those on the flotilla as well as those who may seek to stop this flotilla don't respond with violence, the last thing the world needs is more negativity and the last thing Israel needs is more bad press.
edit on 14-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: to ensure my post was as neutral as possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Israel does not confiscate supplies from them, they only confiscate weapons. Do you recommend israel just let the boats go through and have Iran use them to transfer more weapons into Gaza?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think we can say thats two fingers to the fuds in Isreal.

Turkey should request a no fly zone over the med whilst they deliver the aid.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by SyphonX

Israel does not confiscate supplies from them, they only confiscate weapons. Do you recommend israel just let the boats go through and have Iran use them to transfer more weapons into Gaza?

No, they do not only confiscate weapons. Israel holds an embargo over Gaza. They deny nearly all necessities in Gaza, imports/exports or other. Only a select few humanitarian missions are allowed through. This flotilla isn't one of them, because Israel destroyed themselves internationally the last time the flotilla came in, when they murdered several people, on video.

They cut down and murder any people that disagree with their totalitarian policies on Palestine. They even murdered an American on the last flotilla.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with supplies or even weapons..
The Egyptian border is currently not secured so any supplies or weapons could probably pass through there with relative ease..

The point of a flotilla is to try and break the blockade on Gaza that the majority of international opinion says is illegal and oppressive..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You are just reciting Palestinian propaganda. In case you haven’t noticed Hamas is in control of the Gaza and constantly shooting rockets at Israel. That’s aside the fact they kill any opposition from the Palestinian PLO.

The west bank controlled by the PLO is very quite and calm. Honestly the people of Gaza deserve to be under those conditions considering they elected a terrorist group for government.

As for the last ship where civilians were killed, it was because they were stupid enough to attack the Israeli soldiers.

Spare me the hippie talk. Any other army that would have boarded that ship and have protesters attack their soldiers with weapons would have killed everyone on site.

edit on 14-4-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So then you agree with collectively punishing people for exercising their democratic rights? Children should be punished because Israel does not like who their parents voted for? The Palestinians should be punished for resisting an illegal occupation? Would you resist an illegal occupation of your country or would you roll out the red carpet for the occupiers then simply roll over and die in silence? And Israel does not just prohibit weapons, they ban many things any sane person would not deem a weapon....like food, well actually it can be used as a weapon as Israel is all too happy to show us.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Spare me the hippie talk. Any other army that would have boarded that ship and have protesters attack their soldiers with weapons would have killed everyone on site.

No mate..They would not have boarded in the dark, in international waters..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by SyphonX

In case you haven’t noticed Hamas is in control of the west bank

Do you make this bs up yourself or does another Mossad flunky email it to you. Really if your going to maintain your rank you need to pay attention to detail.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

only israelies could claim a humanitarian flotilla of aide is a "aggressive action" lololol

Israel, Your facade is easier than glass to see through.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now I am sure ATS is infiltrated.
Just google "Netanyahu" and "thug".
See what comes up.
Or, Netanyahu the terrorist. He has a past you know.

And, no ignore option....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

typo it was Gaza

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If collectively people choose a government that wages war then either they suffer the consequences or change them.
Yes, they deserve everything they get.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
* I tried to embed a video from Aljezera.... but I was having problems.... (duh!)

Can anyone tell me what they are fighting for anyway? I know the gist of it. The West Bank was settled by Palestinians and Israel controls all the real estate around with no "easement" for which the good people of Gaza to trade whatever they trade in or need to survive.

Really..... Does this thing make any sense to anyone?(rhetorical question).

Maybe just because they have been fighting over this region for centuries they should call it a tie and stop blowing each other to bits?

Just a thought!
edit on 14-4-2011 by redzareptile because: I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out.

edit on 14-4-2011 by redzareptile because: I'm just new at this and not too smooth in my posting skills yet!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Maybe ATS is infiltrated by Muslim extremists. Anyone who opposes your opinion is an Israeli agent?

I’m an American from Florida, raised in Texas FYI.

As for Hamas they are considered a terrorist group by most western countries. So spare me the BS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join