It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Caucasions now minority in New York, Washington, San Diego, Las Vegas and Memphis...

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I wonder if some of you realize how racist your comments are.


I'm not sure which is worse...being aware of it and making those statments...or being ignorant of your own racist thoughts.




posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili
 


Using your own logic, the newly arrived immigrants have as much right to call themselves natives, as good old uncle sam was

.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm not racist.. I was just stating a valid question, too which no one answered.. maybe in fear of looking racist.

Not until I moved to Western Canada did I see "Are you a visible minority?" on an application.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I wonder if some of you realize how racist your comments are.


I'm not sure which is worse...being aware of it and making those statments...or being ignorant of your own racist thoughts.


I wonder if you see racism everywhere, when it actually doesn't exist.

Painful truths are not racist.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss
Reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


Your last part is funny because USA is never a cacuasian country to begin with. The native indians has more rights to complain about you invading their land than you vice versa in my opinion.


And your post is funny because Europe which has always been a Caucasian country is losing their culture and heritage. Think of it this way: People are taught at schools that what the Europeans (British) did to the American-Indians was wrong. Well, now the new American-Indians are Europeans and the new Europeans are the immigrants moving into these countries.

Where's the outcry for them? Oslo, Norway will have a "minority" majority in under 50 years. This is why I'm against mass-immigration. It's cultural genocide no matter how you try to spin it with political correctness.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   



Sort of off-topic but:
I still wonder what would happen if 200,000 caucasians/africans migrated to Japan, for example, and bought up lots of real-estate, had a whole part of city sectioned off for us with malls/stores/buildings with stictly in English what would happen?...


It has happened already.

I've traveled all over Asia for about 8 years, owned 3 bars in Korea, and everywhere that had a Caucasian area was nothing but bars, hookers, crimes against the locals (especially the local women) arrogance and racism against the local population etc.

Sad to say but most of these places were the areas built to house the US forces.

Ask Japan how they feel about having the US bases there. Korea ain't too keen on this either. In Korea, the MP's start trolling the bar areas for soldiers out after base curfew as they know that trouble only picks up at night and in these areas and many times it's the soldiers causing the problems.

Next are the English teachers that travel around Asia teaching and living in their neighborhoods while drinking in foreigner only bars. I have seen so many instances of fights, assaults, racial slurs etc against locals that I was ashamed of my skin color.

Could you imagine a bar in NY that doesn't allow Caucasians? There are bars in S. Korea that are owned by foreigners with a sign in the window not allowing Koreans inside. In their own Country, not on a military base but downtown!

Now, I will end this by saying that I only wanted to make a point that it does happen and I don't care where it is, it's wrong.

Not all the military personnel were like this and not all teachers were like this. In fact I used to own 3 bars in S. Korea and I have seen the good and the bad...of all races, colors, religions etc...all in MY bars and the ignorance came from everywhere.

I came to the realization that so many foreigners over there are the same as the foreigners here. They expect the culture to bend to their particular notion of what they deem normal. I have seen Caucasians over there that act in ways that would shame them and their families back home but I have seen the same here with other cultures as well.

Sorry for the rant but just saying that we are just as guilty of cultural in-sensitivities as any other non-Westerners in our Countries.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
if you have never watched the movie idiocrasy i would suggest you do so! it should be labled as a documentary not a comedy! we are being out bred by the stupid in this country no matter what color they are! that is the true threat! however since it has flipped at least now when i get stopped in one of these cities i can scream racism and get away with my crime now right? always trying to keep the white man down! (see how silly you sound when you say that!)


I'm beginning to think that the film IDIOCRACY is a self fulfilling prophesy. The world is going to shiz in a handbasket...intelligence is a word in a dictionary that is being used as toilet paper...and the smartest man and woman in the world, 500years in the future is a lazy, smart alec doing his military time and a hooker. The rest of the world is populated with stupid people that find entertainment in watching a guy get dropped on his ballz and a movie called Azz.

I agree...this movie should be labeled a documentary...Mike Judge (Beavis and Butthead fame) could truly be called a visionary. One destined to be a classic....


On subject...the last five years I've lived here in the PNW...in my neighborhood there has been a rise in gangs, drugs, and crime. Not too many blacks...but a lot of orientals and hispanics...people are moving left and right so it seems.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11



Sort of off-topic but:
I still wonder what would happen if 200,000 caucasians/africans migrated to Japan, for example, and bought up lots of real-estate, had a whole part of city sectioned off for us with malls/stores/buildings with stictly in English what would happen?...


It has happened already.

I've traveled all over Asia for about 8 years, owned 3 bars in Korea, and everywhere that had a Caucasian area was nothing but bars, hookers, crimes against the locals (especially the local women) arrogance and racism against the local population etc.

Sad to say but most of these places were the areas built to house the US forces.

Ask Japan how they feel about having the US bases there. Korea ain't too keen on this either. In Korea, the MP's start trolling the bar areas for soldiers out after base curfew as they know that trouble only picks up at night and in these areas and many times it's the soldiers causing the problems.

Next are the English teachers that travel around Asia teaching and living in their neighborhoods while drinking in foreigner only bars. I have seen so many instances of fights, assaults, racial slurs etc against locals that I was ashamed of my skin color.

Could you imagine a bar in NY that doesn't allow Caucasians? There are bars in S. Korea that are owned by foreigners with a sign in the window not allowing Koreans inside. In their own Country, not on a military base but downtown!

Now, I will end this by saying that I only wanted to make a point that it does happen and I don't care where it is, it's wrong.

Not all the military personnel were like this and not all teachers were like this. In fact I used to own 3 bars in S. Korea and I have seen the good and the bad...of all races, colors, religions etc...all in MY bars and the ignorance came from everywhere.

I came to the realization that so many foreigners over there are the same as the foreigners here. They expect the culture to bend to their particular notion of what they deem normal. I have seen Caucasians over there that act in ways that would shame them and their families back home but I have seen the same here with other cultures as well.

Sorry for the rant but just saying that we are just as guilty of cultural in-sensitivities as any other non-Westerners in our Countries.


Thanks for the informative post!



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity...why does it matter?

My ancestors were not all caucasion, but I look caucasion. This is recent ancestry btw, great grand parents.

My genetic code has already been passed down. My 'race' has been passed on. And it will hopefully carry on that way indefinitely.

My future grand children, great grand children, ect, could look like a rainbow for all I care.

Too much gets caught up in the colour...would you love your child/grandchild/etc any less if they carry somebody else's 'race' genetics? I hope not, because they will, even if they are a same race couple.

As a side:

No visable race, including old whiety, will ever completely dissappear. All races genetic codes have already been passed around globally. So, no matter what, the occasional "insert missing race here" will pop up.

Edit to add: My 'race can't spell and has terrible grammar
.
edit on 14-4-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


Who cares? The reason for these demographic changes has nothing to do with race. It has to do with an exodus of the middle class from poorly run cities. Middle class folks of every race are getting out of these high tax, incompetently run cities. The urban cores of these cities are largely minority and this trend will continue. In 10 years there will be dozens of majority minority cities.

Honolulu has been majority minority city for decades. It is an extremely desirable place to live, the third safest city in the country. Has by and large decent infrastructure, good health care. Hawaii's schools are miserable, but that is common throughout the country.

Anyone who decides to migrate because of the demographics of a city is a fool. People who call folks who leave minority majority city racist are larger fools.

As far as the question about the groups moving to Japan, the Japanese are smart. They would not allow them into the country in the first place.
edit on 14-4-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If there are more minorities in these cities than Caucasians, doesn't that make the white people the minority? How does that work? Do they get minority scholarships now? It's like the last episode in season 13 of South Park when Cartman does all the math.



(There's actually a state school in my area that gives those scholarships to get white kids to attend. A student there told me. Could be lying but who knows?)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by MikeBoss
Reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


Your last part is funny because USA is never a cacuasian country to begin with. The native indians has more rights to complain about you invading their land than you vice versa in my opinion.


And your post is funny because Europe which has always been a Caucasian country is losing their culture and heritage. Think of it this way: People are taught at schools that what the Europeans (British) did to the American-Indians was wrong. Well, now the new American-Indians are Europeans and the new Europeans are the immigrants moving into these countries.

Where's the outcry for them? Oslo, Norway will have a "minority" majority in under 50 years. This is why I'm against mass-immigration. It's cultural genocide no matter how you try to spin it with political correctness.


How can you even compare the two in this context? Native North/South Americans suffered through actual genocide. Like, you know, mass murder, starvation and disease; all incited and carried out by Europeans. Plus they suffered nearly complete "cultural genocide". Comparing the two in this context is reckless and ignorant at best and down-right hateful and racist at worst.

And since your so opposed to "mass"-immigration, then I assume you also oppose integration and thus support segregation. Sad how hateful and fearful some of you are.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


The US doesn't have any room to complain. You don't get to forcefully import people from other nations and then complain when they begin to intermingle with the rest of the population. You don't get to conquer native lands and then complain that they are moving back to their historical homelands.

Following some of the logic from those in this thread, "They came here from somewhere else and we did the same which gives us equal right", these people shouldn't be complaining now that it is happening to them. The South is rising up, but it's coming over the boarder. The difference between their "illegal" immigration and the European invasion is that I am unaware of present day non-white groups practicing genocide against the white populace.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy
 


If you have study the history of Native Americans you will find that individual tribes were merciless towards other tribes. Forcing them out of lands other tribes had occupied for generations, killing, brutalizing others. I guess thats OK though because they were both Native American's?

History is all about conquest. Given the fact that man orignated from, depending on which body of research you believe, Africa or Persia, then we're all Persians anyway so we could not have committed genocide, since we all have the same heritage. There is a logic stream that would suggest that all 300+ million Americans are African Americans.

Point being, demographics have changed throughout history, typically through violent means. It has happened, it still happens. Its unfortunate, but it is time to quit kicking ourselves in the ass for it.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan
 


So you are saying that genocide isn't that bad because it really isn't genocide so we should stop worrying about the very real impact it couldn't have possibly had on these people?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili
 



I wonder if you see racism everywhere, when it actually doesn't exist.

Painful truths are not racist.


Racism doesn't exist huh??? That is a bold statement.


Sorry...I call them as I see them.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum
 


No what I am suggesting that given the general definition of genocide, native Americans engaged in it. I'm suggesting that most groups in the history of the world engaged in it. It is unfortunate, steps should be taken to ensure that it does not happen again.

This notion that native American's were all peaceful folks sitting around the camp fire smoking the peace pipe, praying to the eagle and making beaded head dresses when whitey came in and killed them all is nonsense. That tribe likely recently came back from brutalizing a neighboring tribe. The popular notion of native Americans is fantasy and folklore and depending on how you would define it, racist. They were just as brutal as the white man.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

New census data confirm that some major metropolitan areas flipped from majority white to majority populations of minorities during the past decade.

White people are now in the minority in 46 of the nation's 366 metro areas, including New York, Washington, San Diego, Las Vegas and Memphis


news.blogs.cnn.com...

I'm unsure of how many Canadian cities fall into this category but Toronto/Vancouver must be well on their way.

How do you feel about this?..

Sort of off-topic but:
I still wonder what would happen if 200,000 caucasians/africans migrated to Japan, for example, and bought up lots of real-estate, had a whole part of city sectioned off for us with malls/stores/buildings with stictly in English what would happen?...


mmmmmm not all the caucasoids are white.

And to those who speak about hispanics, millions and millions of hispanics are caucasoid/white.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by AdAbsurdum
 


No what I am suggesting that given the general definition of genocide, native Americans engaged in it. I'm suggesting that most groups in the history of the world engaged in it. It is unfortunate, steps should be taken to ensure that it does not happen again.


This is not true for every nation. When referring to actions the name of the offending nation should be used. The Swiss are not responsible for the actions of Nazi Germany, etc.


This notion that native American's were all peaceful folks sitting around the camp fire smoking the peace pipe, praying to the eagle and making beaded head dresses when whitey came in and killed them all is nonsense.


Yes, the noble-savage shtick is racist. But lumping in all Native Americans as one people is equally as dangerous.


That tribe likely recently came back from brutalizing a neighboring tribe. The popular notion of native Americans is fantasy and folklore and depending on how you would define it, racist. They were just as brutal as the white man.


This is not necessarily true as stated above. While genocide has been committed by other groups other than white that does not make what the Europeans did illegitimate nor should it marginalize the indigenous groups very real daily struggles due to that genocide.

It is not anywhere near on the same scale for many NA tribes.
edit on 14-4-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by AdAbsurdum
 


No what I am suggesting that given the general definition of genocide, native Americans engaged in it. I'm suggesting that most groups in the history of the world engaged in it. It is unfortunate, steps should be taken to ensure that it does not happen again.

This notion that native American's were all peaceful folks sitting around the camp fire smoking the peace pipe, praying to the eagle and making beaded head dresses when whitey came in and killed them all is nonsense. That tribe likely recently came back from brutalizing a neighboring tribe. The popular notion of native Americans is fantasy and folklore and depending on how you would define it, racist. They were just as brutal as the white man.


You claim I should re-study Native American history, yet you prove to know so very little of it and resort to using words like "likely" because you are unsure of your own opinion. Again, it is sad the amount of ignorance and rational people use when speaking of such horrific things.

Still, I fail to see your point. Is it: "The European act of genocide against the Natives is rationalized because some of the Natives committed murder themselves"?

PS. When you say "study", do you mean read the 'Caucasian Establishment' issued history books giving to us in school? Try reading Russell Means or Howard Zinn's account of their history, instead of the hogwash you probably were force fed.

Peace.

edit on 14-4-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join