It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from AFGHANISTAN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I realize that. Were he actually protecting me from a real threat, no doubt I would be supporting him. I would probably be enlisting too if there was a real threat.

Joining the military is not the only solution. Taking out a loan for college is not at all unreasonable if you choose your major wisely.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Wisely you say Genius? I am STILL paying on my Student loan to this day and we won't get into how many years I have had it but lets just say the loan miraculously doubles in size every year from interest charges for the banks that have aquired those loans.

Some people just don't wanna be dependent on momma and daddy their whole lives.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
reply to post by amongus

>don't agree with what he's done
>applaud him
I'm not following your logic.

Just because I don't agree with how our troops are being used as chess pieces, doesn't mean I cant support said chess pieces. How hard is that to understand?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I may not agree with all that has been done, but for Christs sake, have some balls to applaud someone who is putting his ass on the line for his country.

That sort of blind support is what will be the end of the great American experiment. I hope you're happy.
edit on 15/4/2011 by finalword because: (no reason given)

So we aren't supposed to support our troops? And what makes you so sure he couldn't get a job, your callus words, somewhere else besides the military? Seems like your ignorance has gotten the best of you here.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I wish you become free one day, pal

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war.
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

I may not agree with all that has been done, but for Christs sake, have some balls to applaud someone who is putting his ass on the line for his country.

That sort of blind support is what will be the end of the great American experiment. I hope you're happy.
edit on 15/4/2011 by finalword because: (no reason given)

So we aren't supposed to support our troops? And what makes you so sure he couldn't get a job, your callus words, somewhere else besides the military? Seems like your ignorance has gotten the best of you here.

Like it or not, there is no doubt that the military is a major NWO tool. To say so is not insenstive, it is the truth.

Why should people support troops which kill in the name of the corporations? It's sad, tragic that many of the troops do actually WANT to serve and protect the people, but they are duped into murdering for the NWO which actually neither serves nor protects the people, but puts them increasingly at risk.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

So we aren't supposed to support our troops?

Who is this 'we' you refer to?
And who is in a position to decide what the 'we' are supposed to support and not support?

edit on 15-4-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to become an argument on whether or not I am a tool of evil; My input, people are free to their own opinion.

I am not brainwashed, I am no robot; I actually do oppose the war, it is a sustained war, we will be here for years to come sadly, but in the end, when we here find ourselves on the frontline, it is either you or them. Shoot first, and if you want to know, ask why later.
At night after a day of fighting is done, I do ask "God" for forgivness. (I put God in quotes because out here it's always nice to think there is a higher being.)

I joined because the way my life back home was going there really was no help, honestly I would've probably found myself sitting in a jail cell.

I will re enlist, the way I see the economy collapsing, I think my wife and kid would be better off. It is not about me it's about them, I would rather not put my little girl in a situation like not having a home or not being able to have a Doctor look at her if she is ill because we don't have the insurance for it.

I thank those who support me, and to those who don't support my job, thank you for your input.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thank you for your service!!! I'm actually shocked that the govt would allow troops access to this site....why? Well, I don't know! Haha...it just seems like it would be a forbidden website....

Do they censor any websites, or can you surf anywhere? Always wanted to know....

Alien Bless, and please return safe! S&F for you. Ok, only flag since we cant star these threads.
edit on 15-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Honestly I dont think they really see this site as a threat, others yes like youtube, facebook, myspace, there are many blue coated (blocked) websites I would estimate roughly around 80% of the net is blocked off out here; mainly I can access news websites, I think that may a reason why this one is open, it has current events [haha]

thanks you for your support amongus

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

i agree with you finalword but he is just a pawn in a complicated chess game. no on here seems to mention about all the innocent people that are killed in these so called wars and the effect it will have on these peoples lives all in the name of freedom. i wonder what your government would do if you all laid down your arms and said no more bloodshed?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

Well I know after news hit about those soldiers who killed innocent civilians then took pictures, a lot of my peers wanted to get there hands on those dirtbags, they stain all of our names due to their stupid sensless entertainment

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Okay OP, I see you addressed another poster that mentioned the same thing as I did about you and internet access in Afghanistan. You mentioned about 80 % of the sites are blocked. If you didnt read my post to you I said that my little bro served there recently in the USAF. I'm starting to think you may be making up your whole story about being in Afghanistan. 1) No way do they let you have access to this site 2) You claim not to have seen any poppy fields but yet they are over where most over the troops are currently concentrated.If you can post on here, then tell us what area of the country u are in.(North,south,east, west)www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

ill stand at your 6 , i am with you on what you have said here , i dont in any way support anything we are doing over their , however i feel sorry for the troops that learn afterwards what they have done , and i can bet you 100% that if their was a winter solider on this thread he would have your back to bro , way to stick your neck out their like that your a brave man , no disrespect to you OP but you are feeding the Machine , and you did put your self in the position that your in , you created your own Nightmare by choosing to do this Job , hope and that you make it out safely , but you have to ride out your convictions , you made this bed .....

and no i dont feel this way because i am Muslim ,has nothing to do with that , its a pointless war ect ect ect

peace be with you OP

and Finalword i give you a
for your willingness to speak your mind .. good man

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dude, you are my newest ATS buddy. The Redwall series is one of my favorites. Welcome to ATS.

From one NWO pawn to another

Juston

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Hey, chiming in on the Marlfox Redwall series. The power struggle in the book was an amazing series of insights. A lot of humour and chivalry, too, wot! Just joined meself, "lurked" here a long time, find the fantastic nature of the site and the suspension of belief to most likely be a necessary element to data exchange at this time. Me, I work as a carpenter in the bay area with a guy who's a hardcore Native American church member. I roll old rides, do all the wrenchin' myself, play a Jackson with a Sustainiac through a Delta Blues 2x10 tube amp and bust on old Farfisa Organs and Reason... y'know, stuff, try'in to step up a survival garden and drawin' the line at what I do for a buck as close to my soul as I can... glad to see you here, see you around, mebbe...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I don't know how you're doing it, but I know several people who have paid off their college loans within 5 years. A bank is not mommy or daddy.

reply to post by amongus

It's not hard to understand as a concept. It is hard to understand your reasoning. We are supposed to support the troops, but only when they're doing the right thing. I'm not ignorant. You're just brainwashed.

wcitizen has the right idea, which is what I was going for. Sadly the rest of you are too busy mindlessly waving your "Support Our Troops" signs while they waterboard, bomb and shoot their way through the middle east.

EL1A5, you can get a real job that doesn't involve killing people.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
[finalword]
Like I said before you are free to your opinion

[To freedom12] I am pretty sure I am in Afghanistan, Helmand Province, Camp Leatherneck, Southern part of AFG. If I am not then
WHERE AM I?! THEY TOLD ME I WAS IN AFGHANISTAN! I guess we invaded another country and pretended it was Afghanistan..

I appreciate the link to youtube but as I also stated before youtube is blue coated (blocked). All these crazy topics on this website and you choose not to believe this; your ignorance isn't something I find attractive. However, if it lets you sleep at night trying to belittle me and claiming that I am a lier then fire away, I'll just ignore it, I shouldn't be trying to prove facts on my introduction thread

[Back to finalword] I am pretty sure, that this is my real job, unless everywhere I have been is just a dream, which it really wasn't, in my dreams I was suppose to be a famous football player

I appreciate your passion about this topic though. You'll make a great conspiracy theorist one day.

edit on 16-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
Dude, you are my newest ATS buddy. The Redwall series is one of my favorites. Welcome to ATS.

From one NWO pawn to another

Juston

I am glad to see others who appreciate that series, I was beginning to think people might see it as childish, which really it is not.

My opinion, we are all in some way, a pawn in the "big picture"

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

You do know Helmund Province is where the majority of the poppies/opium is grown? For someone who claims to be stationed there, I am sure you would have seen the masses of poppy fields all around you. The Youtube link I attached is a video of poppy field after poppy field filmed by US soldiers flying over Helmund Province taken out the door of a Huey.Since you claim you have NOT seen any poppy fields and they are all around you if you truly are stationed where you say you are, how is it possible you haven't seen any poppy fields?

edit on 16-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join