It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from AFGHANISTAN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have been around for a bit but just decided now to make an introduction thread.

Originally from Texas, stationed in California and currently deployed to Afghanistan, I spend my time lurking within this site to see what people think about the global issues at hand.

I am usually quiet but if I object to something or strongly agree I will make it known.

I have already two threads, they are in my signature if you care to look, but I have noticed that only the one's who have been around for a while and know many people seem to get most of the views, flags, and comments, or maybe I just suck a making threads

Oh well, I will learn as time goes by.

Oh and if you were wondering, my avatar is from the book Marlfox, good read.

So again "HELLO!" to everyone, I hope to learn much in this website, as well as make friends to discuss current events and what have you.

*UPDATE*
I now have but 34 days before I return home!!!

Time to say goodbye to this nightmare!

edit on 14-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Welcome to ATS EL1A5.

I hope to see you around the boards more.

EDIT: Nice threads btw.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hello to you, and thank you for your service. I'll check out your other threads as well and see what I think. But again, thank you for your service, and I'm sure you are counting down the days until you get home. Stay safe, keep your head down, and get home soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Good to hear they are letting the troops access the internet in Afghanistan. My little bro was recently there doing a tour with the USAF and he wasn't allowed free access to all internet sites.

edit on 14-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Congrats on leaving that hellhole and thanks for your service!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Kewl Welcome to ATS. Since your over there why don't you tell us what you know about the Poppy Fields there

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am glad to serve the people, notice I do not say the Government, sure they are my bosses, but in reality it is for the people's protection.
I also find is somewhat sad that a lot of people dismiss the events occuring here, ie. shootouts, IEDs, POWs, etc. and call this war a waste of time and money, ok yeah it is a bit excessive, but remember we don't have a choice on where we will go, we just follow orders.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Haha I have not seen any poppy fields yet, but a bunch of sand and rocks. I am sure if I ask a LCN (Local Country National) working in the laundry tent they could point me in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Keep your chin up and your head down, trust nobody but your Mom and your Dog.
Good luck and Godspeed.
BTW welcome to ATS.!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Hello,hello and welcome! thank you for your service to the American people the true patriots of the U.S hold you and the rest of the guys and gals in the highest regards no matter how much we dislike the government and the politics of the day.....
......Have a safe journey home and god bless!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I support the Troops. The Government can kiss it! I'm American and I LOVE my country but I do not agree with how it is being run

But with that said......watch your ass over their soldier cuz if THEY were over HERE tellin us how to run this country I am sure we would have a problem with it. I think problems are best fixed from the inside out. It's definetly not safe for you there so hope you return home safely.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the party pal!

I agree with your comment about only members who've been here a long time getting flags and stars.

There is quite frankly a flags and stars brigade, I could rant about it, but that's another issue really.

Your display picture intrigues me, so I'll check out Marlfox.

Have fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

No offense OP, but do you realize that by fighting in Afghanistan, you are a NWO tool? How does it feel knowing this? Why couldn't you have gotten a normal job?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thank you for your service!!! I'm actually shocked that the govt would allow troops access to this site....why? Well, I don't know! Haha...it just seems like it would be a forbidden website....

Do they censor any websites, or can you surf anywhere? Always wanted to know....

Alien Bless, and please return safe! S&F for you. Ok, only flag since we cant star these threads.
edit on 15-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Really dude? Really?

Think before you post.......

OP, brother in arms.... get home safely!! Thank you for what you do!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
reply to post by EL1A5

No offense OP, but do you realize that by fighting in Afghanistan, you are a NWO tool? How does it feel knowing this? Why couldn't you have gotten a normal job?

What a pathetic troll you are. Have some respect....I may not agree with all that has been done, but for Christs sake, have some balls to applaud someone who is putting his ass on the line for his country...for peanuts.

Karma is a B finalword.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

>don't agree with what he's done
>applaud him
I'm not following your logic.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Then dont say anything at all. Pathetic.... you truely are.....
2nd

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by brainranger

Then why are you on this website? Doesn't this website essentially a place for disagreement with the official story of things? It's a conspiracy website.

Again, learn to use logic.

But seriously, what has he done for us?

- Osama Bin Laden proven to be a wild goose chase
- Hundreds of millions of dollars wasted
- Thousands killed

Because someone puts their life on the line we should thank them? Do we thank real terrorists for "putting their lives on the line"? You guys are seriously brainwashed.

I may not agree with all that has been done, but for Christs sake, have some balls to applaud someone who is putting his ass on the line for his country.

That sort of blind support is what will be the end of the great American experiment. I hope you're happy.
edit on 15/4/2011 by finalword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
reply to post by amongus

>don't agree with what he's done
>applaud him
I'm not following your logic.

Oh let me let me my middle name is LoGiC hehehe

First of all have some respect because he was trained to protect your country and would be the one saving your ass if SHTF here in this country.

Second because like many troops they go in to get a decent college education and a decent wage because it was there ONLY option in a sea of Applications to McDonalds and Burger Kings etc......Sorry OP this may or may not be the case for you and don't take it personal. That's 80% of the populations predicament.

Thirdly There is a lot to say for the troops who are willing to go in and do the Job our (Not so nice word) Government gives them to do. Trust me they do not get paid enough for what they are asked to do.

Fourthly because you should always show respect for anothers chosen profession no matter what it is..........you don't walk in their shoes and people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........unless your claim to fame here is that you life is on the road to perfection? I thought not!

Five because I said so! hehehe just threw that in for fun!

Seriously........ Grow Up!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join