It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis McKenna - The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I am sure most of you here are familiar with the revolutionary ideas of Terence and Dennis McKenna. Terence passed away in 2000 and was a pioneer in the 2012 mythos and shared a program called TimeWave Zero which shows a fractal wave of history that culminates on December 21st 2012.

Dennis has been working on a memoir and has set up a KickStarter fundraising page so that he can get it published. It's going to be excellent. The book will be an intimate close look at the life of the McKenna's and is called "The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss!". There are several donating options - from $1 up to $5,000. For $35 you will receive - when it is finished and published - an autographed hard-cover of the book.

You can visit the fundraising page and read more about it here: www.kickstarter.com...

Summary

Terence McKenna is a legend in the psychedelic community: He is remembered as a radical philosopher, futurist, raconteur, and cultural commentator. He was and is one of the most articulate spokesmen for the post-psychedelic zeitgeist. He is one of the prime originators of the 2012 mythos with all its attendent apocalyptarian anxiety. I am the younger brother of Terence McKenna. I want to write a memoir telling the real story of our intertwined life together over the last 60 years, and of the ideas, adventures, and explorations (both inner and outer) that we shared. I am Terence’s only brother; I am the only one who can tell this tale, from this unique perspective. Terence died in 2000, but his ideas live on the Net and in his books (e.g. True Hallucinations, Food of the Gods, The Archaic Revival, The Invisible Landscape and others). The time has come to tell his story; in reality, it is our story.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Will it be finished before 2012??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I sure hope so!

Actually it is already finished - but it just requires a little fundraising. It will be finished before the end of 2011!

join