It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senate bill mandates gay history in schools

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
Do schools teach about........

Alexander the great?
Ceaser?
Richard the lionhearted?
Abraham Lincolon?
Beethoven?
Di Vinca?
Alexander Hamilton
George Washington?
Susen B Anthony?
Elnor Roosevelt?

If they do.....they already teach about the history of Gays.

Wveryone on that list is either proven Gay or was rumored to be Gay or Bi

Some of that list isn't gay, more bi.
Alexander for instance was greek..back in those days, such things were not considered gay, but rather just the norm...strange time.

About the education...erm..ya, no. Are they going to teach straight history?
I don't see any rationale in teaching gay history...history class already does brush on this
alexander enjoyed both, stories of abe, caligula liked his horse, etc. Thats all thats needed, gay people do not need some foundation for acceptance and historical relations...gayness is in nature, its been throughout history, and thats that.

bah.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The department of education needs to be eradicated. Since its implementation, it has done nothing but to decrease educational standards, and intervene with the PC agenda.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey Viper

I found you had responded to a response of mine, but I guess I must have said something which drew you over the mods line. Opps

Yes I did see that you state you have no problem with gays and that the thread was intended to poke at the PC schools of Ca.

What I was trying to point out to you was not that the times sigs prove anything, and I did ask for clarification on how that works, but that with the shortness of your comments and the name calling by which you started your remarks, might lead one, me and or others to assume a bias which you might or might not have.

Not knowing you at all, a longer personal post and discussion of the issues pointing out your concerns would have gone along way to helping me to respond in a manner which did not increase tensions.

Funny though, as I read through the rest of the thread, and saw all of the things being said that the Mod left intact, it might have been a hoot to see what Mod took out.......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Actually, upon thinking on it for a few minutes, it would be interesting to have a advanced course about the history sexuality and preference has played in history. For instance, ancient greece it was considered the norm. in ancient rome also..both, but not just the gay thing, sex in general

such as in medieval times, having even normal sex with your wife was all but monitored by the church powers to make sure your offending god by putting it in the wrong place, or doing it for the wrong reasons, etc...much less if you were doing gay stuff.

so, I can see some academic merit in senior years overall..but I don't think hearing in 3rd grade about how honest abe was also potentially bisexual has any value beyond weirding kids out whom don't give a toss about any of that anyhow.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The whole concept makes no sense to me.
Historical figures are there for a reaason, they did something of importance............they didn't do it because they were gay or straight, they just did it. Seems just another way to push the gay agenda, and probably suck in a few more federal dollars.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't see any issue here. Why shouldn't our children be educated on gay history and the discrimination against gays up to this very day?

This is actually a good idea and maybe it'll teach these kids some tolerance.

Also, quite shameful to see so many homophobes on here.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
I don't think anyone can argue the fact that pushing the gay agenda in everyones face, creates more gay people.
I will jump into the hot water... yes, being gay is a choice, and I do consider it un-natural/immoral, and plays into the hands of TPTB for breaking up familys/control/population reduction.

I don't have anything against gay people... but please, keep it in the closet so that youngsters aren't influenced and can make an un-adulterated choice.

In other words: DON'T PUSH GAY ON OUR CHILDREN!

On a lighter note, and sorry to break off topic, how in the heck do I post a new thread?
I can't seem to find a link anywhere.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

Sorry but I hope you don't have any children.

Educating others about homosexuality turns them gay? Hunny, get yourself out there and make some gay friends. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
American history:

White men - Well, too numerous to list here but some stand outs were: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln. And those were just the leaders of our country.

White women - Susan B. Anthony, Louisa May Alcott, the Grimke' sisters, Elizabeth Stanton.

Black men: Frederick Douglass, Nat Turner, Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King, Frederick Douglass (I mention him twice because he was twice the man most whites of his time were).

Black women: Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou.

Gays: Harvey Milk.

So, as you can see, it makes perfect economic and social progressive sense to spend millions of dollars on new textbooks, millions more writing legislation, millions more developing and enforcing curriculum for Harvey Milk.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I don't see any issue here. Why shouldn't our children be educated on gay history and the discrimination against gays up to this very day?

This is actually a good idea and maybe it'll teach these kids some tolerance.

Also, quite shameful to see so many homophobes on here.

I'm with you. Children should know and understand our full history and its discrimination.

If we went by the history I was taught in the 50s - - - we'd think only white straight males were responsible for everything - - oh except Betsy Ross - which probably isn't accurate anyway.

And you're right - - the rudeness and homophobia in this thread is shameful. Even more reason children should be taught full truths.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by fenceSitter

Why is tolerance a one way street? Why can't gays be tolerant of my opinion? . . . What does effect my life is when the progressive agenda driven school districts attempt to indoctrinate my child with their lies and filth.
edit on 14-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: spelling

First you say they should be tolerant of your opinion and then you call whatever they have to say "lies and filth". Since that is your opinion, I see no reason why gays, lesbians, bisexuals or transgendered persons have any need to be tolerant.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I'm glad to hear that you're also against heterosexual history being taught at schools. What filth.
There's a reason why people want homosexual history taught in schools, and clearly you aren't on the receiving end of the experience that drives people to want it to be taught.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

I'm a mother of a young impressionable little girl and I am very ticked off about this gay thing now being pushed onto children. Oh come on already, I don't remember history books sexual preferences! Why does sex have to be brought into the classroom. This is just sick! We're already having problems with perversion in our society of all sexual preferences, children being kidnapped raped, sold, and killed. I don't even allow my daughter to play in the front of the house because I feel it is unsafe. Now our government wants to bring sex into the classroom under the guise of gay awareness??? I would be just as ticked if they started to point out constantly in history, social studies, even science, ANY sexual preference! Why keep putting the thought in their mind of sex, sex, sex?? They have more important things to learn in their childhood so that they can prepare for college. Now if they want to talk about sex, sex, sex in college, whatever, by then our children are adult enough to handle it.

And like someone else mentioned, they need time spent on math and science, not more nonsense! She already is over burdened with sooooo much homework because our 'state standards' are low... I wonder why?.... Too much nonsense in our schools... This is a battle between adults, lets not bring our children into it. It's the adults influencing the children... Besides has anyone ever thought about the old trick of 'distraction'? "Distract, distract, distract, while we dig into their pockets and steal them blind"

This kind of government interference keeps up,I'll pull her out and do home schooling. I am very open minded, but this constant 'look at me, approve of me" bs is getting real old. I don't want to look, I don't want my attention forced to focus on something or someone day after day. Kind of reminds me of children " hey look at me, aren't I great, I can do more, just watch me"

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1RedRose

Now our government wants to bring sex into the classroom under the guise of gay awareness??? I

Gotta love that government intervention huh?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

And you're right - - the rudeness and homophobia in this thread is shameful. Even more reason children should be taught full truths.

Why force it and leave parents with the only option being to remove their kids from the school?

Why not make it an elective course?

People are free to dislike whoever they want for whatever reason they want. Now, if people want to hate gays because a fictional book called the bible tells them its wrong, why does it bother you? Simply point, laugh, and walk away.
edit on 15-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1RedRose

I'm pretty certain that the subject matter would be kept age appropriate. For example, in Disney movies they often display a heterosexual man and woman kissing, and that's a G rated movie that I believe most parents not to have a problem with. Similarly, science classes might depict the mating habits of certain animals and will typically explain the animals mating to be heterosexuals, or at least it'll be implied.

The criteria would be less about actual sex, if I'm interpreting your use of the word sex accurately, and instead the subject matter would be more about tolerance. For example, it would simply be pointed out that sometimes rather than a man kissing a woman, a woman will kiss another woman, and that there isn't anything wrong with that.

The point of the subject matter would be that there isn't anything wrong with homosexuality and that several important people throughout history were heterosexual, etc.
edit on 15-4-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
Why force it and leave parents with the only option being to remove their kids from the school?

Because it is the kids generation.

And not yours.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Lmao, I'm going to assume that was a joke.

Other than that, I don't really see the relevance or importance of how attractive the people are.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join