It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senate bill mandates gay history in schools

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Maybe so, but human rights movements sometimes lead to dramatic actions by the party being oppressed.
History is full of riots, bra burnings, massive protests, etc. that many people felt disdain for. This
really isn't any different.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyder
reply to post by Helious

Maybe so, but human rights movements sometimes lead to dramatic actions by the party being oppressed.
History is full of riots, bra burnings, massive protests, etc. that many people felt disdain for. This

You are wrong, human rights is one thing, a group that exists in every other group throughout the world in every culture and minority is called a sub culture.

There are many of them and they do not receive recognition or any special privileges for a good reason, that reason is, the sub culture designation is likely something that does not involve any significance over there other actions.

So, you have the same human rights as everyone else, while you probably rightly perceive that other people do not treat you the same, the whole of history does not nor will not care, history will remember your actions and your impression on society, on that basis alone you will be judged in the years and tens of years to come.

When you are gone, although you may feel you are persecuted now, in the future, no one will care who you had sex with, male or female. That is fact.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Thats just real history.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Right. "real History'.

But history that includes references to homosexuals is 'fake history', right?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Thats just real history.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Right. "real History'.

But history that includes references to homosexuals is 'fake history', right?

I didn't say that! Don't put words in my mouth. There is just simply reason to mention relationships between men and women as is pertains to empires, dynasties and children or motives for such.

Please cite me one example where it is necessary to mention a prominent figure in history is gay other than to cite there sexual preference.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

My conservative "agenda" is nothing short of introducing actual learning to the schools. The issue at hand is irrelavent and is only important in that it takes time away from learning and is more in tune with promoting an agenda that promotes a social aspect that is trying to go mainstream.

I would like to see schools produce innovative, inventors, leaders, scientists, writers, thinkers. Not another generation of mindless drones that regurgitate what ever the government run school tells them to say and think.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Please cite me one example where it is necessary to mention a prominent figure in history is gay other than to cite there sexual preference.

There for sure isn't any necessity to mention a prominent figure in history that is straight.

Because that is the assumption.

When assumption is incorrect or lacking in full knowledge - - - it needs to be corrected/recognized.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

There for sure isn't any necessity to mention a prominent figure in history that is straight.

When assumption is incorrect or lacking in full knowledge - - - it needs to be corrected/recognized.

Ugh, please, lets deny ignorance together, shall we? Royal bloodlines have been forged, empires conquered and societies ruined solely because of the relationships of men and women because of our ancestry of Monarchy.

Much of our past in ancient countries were Christian and that religion does not allow of copulation between the same sex, right or wrong, bloodlines were forged as far back as we can date. Child birth, bloodlines and dynasties are what history more or less is made of. You make the assumption because child birth was very relevant as it played out to major nations across the world until very recently.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

You are wrong, human rights is one thing, a group that exists in every other group throughout the world in every culture and minority is called a sub culture.

There are many of them and they do not receive recognition or any special privileges for a good reason, that reason is, the sub culture designation is likely something that does not involve any significance over there other actions.

So, you have the same human rights as everyone else, while you probably rightly perceive that other people do not treat you the same, the whole of history does not nor will not care, history will remember your actions and your impression on society, on that basis alone you will be judged in the years and tens of years to come.

When you are gone, although you may feel you are persecuted now, in the future, no one will care who you had sex with, male or female. That is fact.

Fine, however you decide to label it, but once again--there you go talking about who we are having sex with...I'm just stating that being gay and the history of the movement is just as important as any other movement because it concerns a group of people who are being persecuted or made to feel "less than". My history classes were loaded with that sort of thing -- The Native Americans, Blacks, The Salem Witch Trials, Women's Rights, Jews, Christians, Muslims, the poor, the working class...they all had different things happen, but they were all persecuted..some out of choice for what they believed in, and some had absolutely no control or choice in the matter, but all made to feel less than by another group of people.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My friend teaches a required masters degree writing class
She says many of her students can barely read much less write at college level as it is!
My sister teaches a votech cisco class and says she pretty much first has to teach her students how to study as well as read and write
I wonder which is more important to a student's time (there is only so much time in a school day)
academics or gay history or sex ed or mexican or muslim traditions Etc. and all the other special ed's?
I am sure there is a time and place to learn all the 'special stuff' but school is for learning reading writing and math type stuff
Imo, If ya' can - Home School then maybe your child will have a chance to succeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Ugh, please, lets deny ignorance together, shall we? Royal bloodlines have been forged, empires conquered and societies ruined solely because of the relationships of men and women because of our ancestry of Monarchy.

Much of our past in ancient countries were Christian and that religion does not allow of copulation between the same sex, right or wrong, bloodlines were forged as far back as we can date. Child birth, bloodlines and dynasties are what history more or less is made of. You make the assumption because child birth was very relevant as it played out to major nations across the world until very recently.

Well that's a whole hell of a lot to apply to my assumptions.

Gays did produce offspring. But that is not my point. They are a part of history and should be acknowledged.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Well that's a whole hell of a lot to apply to my assumptions.

Gays did produce offspring. But that is not my point. They are a part of history and should be acknowledged.

I will respectfully again request you produce one instance in all of history that requires the inclusion of a gay persons sexual preference. I am obviously not saying that gay people have not contributed to history, im asking for an instance where there sexual preference is relative to the end result.

My contention is that regardless of what we do behind closed doors, our actions speak louder than our sex. The only reason you feel hedro people get more attention is because it is more relevant because men and women have baby's, I can't help that fact and neither could our ancestors. Good thing too, otherwise, u wouldn't be around to have this argument haha.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am going to in my mind consider this thread closed. I have asked for one instance in text books or history that indicates gay people are being discriminated against and I have not got one hit despite numerous angry gay people defending the thread.

I have received only rhetorical answers to my questions that are subjective and bear absolutely no fact on a historical basis. History books do not discriminate against gay people, they just simply do not add that a certain person or figure liked certain things in the bedroom because it has no relevance on the outcome of there actions or impact on society.

I would consider this the opposite of discrimination because the main stream does not call for these persons works to be null and void because of there sexual preference, they embrace there achievements and herald them as pillars of society while keeping what they choose to do behind closed doors there own business and rightfully so.

Be gay, be anything you want, do it well. History will remember the person you are, the impact you have on society and the clarity you bring the world, nobody cares what manner of sex you find favorable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but it's not like the gay/lesbian way of life is an integral part of what made the world what it is today. This is not something that should be mandatory to study in school, IMO.
Seriously... Tolerance is something that needs to be taught from a very young age, not forced upon kids in school, where they probably have already started forming their opinions and beliefs about such things.

This seems ridiculous to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slinki
I'm sorry, but it's not like the gay/lesbian way of life is an integral part of what made the world what it is today. This is not something that should be mandatory to study in school, IMO.
Seriously... Tolerance is something that needs to be taught from a very young age, not forced upon kids in school, where they probably have already started forming their opinions and beliefs about such things.

This seems ridiculous to me.

On a last note, it had absolutely nothing to do with the world today. In fact, it is the same thing it was a thousand years ago..... A sexual preference, nothing more, nothing less, big deal. We all have one.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sodom and Gamorrah all over again? It's all so obvious. Personally, I'm getting tired of this stuff being pushed in everyone's faces when there are far more important things to consider. This isn't about increasing tolerance or anything related to that, this is more akin to autosuggestion, a form of subconscious hypnosis. I pity you, America.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
America is turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah.
And thusly God will destroy America just as it did to them.
The Gay agenda is being pursued on 3 fronts by the NWO.

1) School Education

2) News, Social and mass media programming that gay is ok

3) Chemtrails and Food intake to make us passive.

Know your enemy.

There was even an ad on a website yesterday where
a mother was painting her 8 yr old son's toenails pink.
Wake up America. Satan is leading you to hell.
And it's directives are coming directly from the UN.

I agree.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Stop talking about who we sleep with.
That part of the discussion doesn't matter.. It is a human struggle just like any other movement
where people were oppressed.

It would help the gay community greatly if they stopped having their little gay pride parades filled with dudes making out all over the streets then.

Agree?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Heres your gay history : Once there was a city full of homosexuals. ,The Universe saw that it went against anything natural and destroyed it. Now they are back trying to destroy the USA.California is one nice booby trap though.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Stop talking about who we sleep with.
That part of the discussion doesn't matter.. It is a human struggle just like any other movement
where people were oppressed.

It would help the gay community greatly if they stopped having their little gay pride parades filled with dudes making out all over the streets then.

Agree?

Do you go to the parades? Why do you care so much about "dudes making out all over the streets?" Is that hurting you at all? If you don't like it, don't go. So no, I don't agree with you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
Heres your gay history : Once there was a city full of homosexuals. ,The Universe saw that it went against anything natural and destroyed it. Now they are back trying to destroy the USA.California is one nice booby trap though.

This is terrible.
And everyone wants the gay community to keep it to themselves, but it is attitudes like
this that make them want to flaunt their sexuality. It's like a rebellious teenager. The more
you tell them no...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Sodom and Gamorrah all over again? It's all so obvious. Personally, I'm getting tired of this stuff being pushed in everyone's faces when there are far more important things to consider. This isn't about increasing tolerance or anything related to that, this is more akin to autosuggestion, a form of subconscious hypnosis. I pity you, America.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
America is turning into another Sodom and Gomorrah.
And thusly God will destroy America just as it did to them.
The Gay agenda is being pursued on 3 fronts by the NWO.

1) School Education

2) News, Social and mass media programming that gay is ok

3) Chemtrails and Food intake to make us passive.

Know your enemy.

There was even an ad on a website yesterday where
a mother was painting her 8 yr old son's toenails pink.
Wake up America. Satan is leading you to hell.
And it's directives are coming directly from the UN.

I agree.

This whole thing is insane. First of all, what subconscious hypnosis? You think the power of suggestion is going to "turn" somebody gay? Gimme a break! And as for Boondock, it IS ok to be gay. So keep waving your cross in everyone's face, and telling us how horrible we are for being gay, but for the love of god don't take a look at yourself in the mirror to see the hateful negativity you are spreading around like wildfire! That kind of hate would burn a society to the ground faster than you can say Hallelujah.
I'm done with this thread.
Peace.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join