It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senate bill mandates gay history in schools

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
American history:

White men - Well, too numerous to list here but some stand outs were: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln. And those were just the leaders of our country.

White women - Susan B. Anthony, Louisa May Alcott, the Grimke' sisters, Elizabeth Stanton.

Black men: Frederick Douglass, Nat Turner, Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King, Frederick Douglass (I mention him twice because he was twice the man most whites of his time were).

Black women: Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou.

Gays: Harvey Milk.

So, as you can see, it makes perfect economic and social progressive sense to spend millions of dollars on new textbooks, millions more writing legislation, millions more developing and enforcing curriculum for Harvey Milk.

/TOA

And here is a perfect example of why it should be taught.

You probably only know of Harvey Milk because it was a movie.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
From a christian viewpoint, 1 can understand why the entire state if rumors are true, is to break off and sink into the ocean.
I didn't say it was wrong. Our Creator did. The Lord giveth, and taketh away.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

From a Christian viewpoint, some of the arguments that have been made in this thread against homosexual history being taught in school are inane and don't have any foundation on which to stand.

From a Christian viewpoint, a religious parent wouldn't want homosexual history to be taught in school to their children because the parent views homosexuality as something immoral and gratuitous, so the parent might make the claim that they don't want their children to be subjected to that kind of gratuitous and offensive subject matter. But then the same parent turns around and subjects their child to a plethora of gratuitous subject matter about violence and death and hell and eternal suffering that is prominent in religion, and don't give that type of subject matter being taught to their children a second of hesitation.

Now I understand that people are hypocritical and idiotic, but can't they come up with a more valid reason as to why they don't want homosexual history to be taught in school? Perhaps something that can be taken seriously and isn't blatantly hypocritical?
edit on 15-4-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Has nothing to do with homophobes! You want approval, look in the mirror and approve of yourself, that's all that counts. So you think that to influence children, the weak and impressionable children is ok? Lets just start them early to think about sex? Irregardless of sexual preference the whole idea of ANY sexual education in our history books is disgusting! You want more tolerance, well so do I, but guess what, life is not fair. I am a mother of a little girl and I completely disagree with sex permeating most of her education. She and many other children are growing up fearing adults and strangers because of all the perverse adults who have victimized children. So no I don't want sex all over her textbooks, I am against it wholeheartedly. I witness her daily life, her fear, her inability to play outside freely. Look in the streets when children get out of school. Do you see many of them walking home anymore??? NO, parents either pick them up or arrange for a service to pick them up. What a real lousy way to grow up. So no I do not want my child to be forced to think about sex all day.

Right now the times are very tough for very many people, make a real difference, volunteer, donate anything you can do to help society as a whole. We all have to start helping each other, not start adding more distractions from the real issues affecting everyone worldwide. Many liberties are no longer and many more are taken every day... focus on that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Who really cares about George Washington if he wasn't taught in school? Children care less about history and school than you may think... but students attend school for a reason: to learn.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Because it is the kids generation.

And not yours.

Then perhaps the kids should choose without being influenced by faculty members.

It's not the generation of the people choosing to implement this policy either.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

The history of the nation far outweighs the history of gay people.

Its not even comparable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

For someone to even suggest comparing our nations history, to gay " history" further solidifies the arrogance we are facing. Like comparing Apples to oranges....they both may be round, but the color aint quite the same!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ViperChili
Why force it and leave parents with the only option being to remove their kids from the school?

Because it is the kids generation.

And not yours.

It's the parents' job to make sure the kids are getting a good education. Not an opinionated one.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
From a christian viewpoint, 1 can understand why the entire state if rumors are true, is to break off and sink into the ocean.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

Sure

The creator also said women shouldn't speak in church or get a haircut and if your born from parents out of wedlock, you are by default going to hell

and also shellfish are an abomination.

the old testiment biblical nutjob is no longer controlling the wheel of our society...

we fired him a couple thousand years ago

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A star for you, and I wish it could be 10,000.......
It seems the parents generation doesn't matter, but the liberal idiots forcing their agendas on todays children do.......screw the agendas, todays kids arent keeping up already and now we have to waste time on this tripe.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by romanmel
Teach gay-history...huh? OK. how about pedophile-history or child molester-history?

Are you equating homosexuality with the criminal acts of child molestation?
Why and how do you make that correlation?

Simple.

Homosexual acts WERE considered "criminal acts" not too long ago in many states.

Once you start down the slippery path of de-criminalization of perversity there is no end to it.

Not long ago (and still in some areas) sodomy is illegal...not between man and man...but even if your married to your loving wife and do it in the back, it is illegal.

perversity...I haz it

Repeat after me: "Two consenting adults is fine"

thats all the contingency need be applied...you can then argue about at what age consent should be, but if two adults consent with each other (or more...sure, 12 consenting adults..whatever...the key is consenting and adult)..then its legal and fine by me/you/obama/limbaugh.

Don't like it? get out of my bedroom...decriminalization of perverted stuff...ya, well, anything beyond lights out, missionary strictly for the process of procreation is perverted anyhow.

You must be great on dates.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069

If you agree with what "the Creator" says, then you are saying it's wrong.

However, I don't recall the part in the bible where California was to break off into the ocean because of curriculum change.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
I don't think anyone can argue the fact that pushing the gay agenda in everyones face, creates more gay people.
I will jump into the hot water... yes, being gay is a choice,

Wait...so your saying you know that someone could convince you to become gay?

I don't care if a person spent 20 years with graphs, charts, speakers, and everything under the sun convincing me of how being gay is super cool and all that...I simply would not be gay.
my mind does not accept it as even a considered lifestyle...and I have had plenty of gay friends in my life.

I am very comfortable with my sexual preferences, and am also comfortable talking to someone else about their sexual preferences for the common aspects of it (my friend anthony has a boyfriend whom he is having issues with...I can relate to him in regards to first off general relationship woes and also what a guy wants overall in a relationship...if he gets to descriptive on any particular acts, I tell him to tone it down a bit, I don't need details...and if I find myself talking about my hetro conquests too in detail with him, I tone it down also.

But ya...no gay here.

I would think that if you truely think someone can convince you to become gay...erm...guess what dude, your gay...your just not wanting to be it.

I don't hold it against you...the being gay part, thats normal...I do however look down at you being intellectually dishonest with yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Under your general assumption of "who cares" my comparison is more than applicable. The fact is if the student wasn't taught about specific subject matter such as George Washington or Harvey Milk, what student would really care?

They wouldn't know whether or not they cared because they wouldn't have been taught about either George Washington or Harvey Milk under my premise.

Your whole question was about who really cares, not about which one was more important than the other.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ok...so my final note on this thread, the topic, etc

first off...homophobia is totally ghey

Gay history is ghey, but would be in favor of -high school jr/sr general sexual history class to hit all the areas..until then, use history to talk about historic figures actions verses sexual preferences.

This thread is ghey as it exposes how many gheyass homophobes are still lurking around the intertubes (computers are too user friendly now adays.)

People thinking the gay agenda will somehow create more gays is ghey, and probably means those whom think a gay can make you gay by simply making a good argument for it are probably gay anyhow and fearful they will be found out...and thats a pretty ghey standing.

I think that about sums it up.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think this is disgusting and disturbing. Im glad I don't live in Cali...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join