It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Research Ley Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ley Lines

For a while now, I have been mapping Ley Lines across the globe. I started this hobby by mapping Nazca-type geoglyphs,and that evolved into Ley-line research. I do not use dowsing rods,or any kind of "Spritual" methods, I take a scientific approach. I am something of a maveric in that. Ley Lines appear to follow lines of energy that form a global grid, and I have mapped some that encircle the globe. I believe his energy can be scientifically charted and measured. I think the Ley line field, like UFOs, bigfoot, or any other similar field, has it's fair share of fringe mumbo-jumbo. That's why I insist on all of my leys to be withing a tolerance of a tenth of a percent. I prefer Leys that are DEAD ON. I have thrown out potential lines simply because something was a few feet off.

What can you find on a Ley Line?

Pyramids
Henges
Burial Mounds
Major Airports
Major cathedrals
Volcanos
Mansions
Masonic lodges
Missile silos
Stadiums
Churches
Temples,
Mosques
Palaces
Light Houses
Ancient ruins
Major line convergences
Impact Craters
Military bases
Airfields
City halls
Major Monuments
Petroglyphs
Geoglyphs
weird surface features that defy explanation and need to be examined from the ground
Strip mines
Oil fields
Strangely shaped buildings
Nuclear detonations
A whole host of megathithic sites
Lots of other stuff

Tools

Gauss meters and compasses are critical. I also carry an assortment of em equipment and topo maps and an top end GPS. For larger Leys, such as Global leys, there is no better tool than Google Earth.

How to begin scientific research

I work backwards. I pick two "known" sites and then test them as described until I find two lines that work. For example, I will take two megaliths that MUST be on ley lines or should be anyway (Such as Stonehenge and The great pyramid). Sometimes this turns out to be wrong, and there simply is no ley present. So it's trial and error, but I have found that the more significant the site, the more likely that it lies on a convergence of Ley lines. Once I find a set that works, I draw a line exactly through the centers of those monuments and continue that line around the entire planet. Then I find two more objects and do the same thing, drawing a second circle around the planet.

These two circles will intersect at two places on the planet. Scientific method predicts that there will be a megalith (or some other item of significance) at those intersections. If there is, I know I have two legit planetary ley lines. If not, one or both must be discarded. The megaliths must be DEAD-on. "close" does not cut it.

Now that's the simple version. obviously reality is more complicated. I've had matches that turned out to not be ley lines, as well as Leys I thought were non matches simply because my research was poor.

Once I have two lines that I think are Leys, I can begin researching them. This usually means a great deal of phone calls to the towns that are on or near the Ley, and mailing out questionaires to people who live in those towns. Occasionally I will travel to locations to examine things first hand. If it is a true global ley, it will be confirmed by finding other megaliths and monuments where the ley crosses other Leys. Generally there is a high amount of unusualness all along the ley.

Significance

What is the significance of Ley lines? What are they? I do not know. I hope that my research finds me that answer one day. A lot of people are of the opinion that they are lines of "Earth Energy", others believe it is connected to something called "Prime geometry" (or sacred geometry). Still others believe that it has something to do with magnetic fields.

Some, none, or all of these may be true. I don't pretend to know.

I do believe that whatever is going on, the ancients understood it.
edit on 14-4-2011 by woghd because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for this. This is a topic im interested in, but haven't really explored.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Cool thread, I do believe this to be a mysterious phenomena that is somewhat true. Physics sort of explains this the way our planet rotates and the molten cores magnetic field has 'hot spots' that occur.

Anyway would love to see your map someday!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
is there any chance you could take a picture of your map and put it on here?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have many maps, just look at my sig.

PS. Don't forget to star and flag!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. I've always had a passing interest and may use your work as a launch pad to try to understand it more.

Regarding locations being *exact*... I appreciate this but something that I think needs to be taken into account is that the surface of the earth is not fixed. So an ancient site (such as the Great Pyramid) may no longer be in a perfect position where more current structures will be. Since we know continents are moving slowly, as well as smaller areas quickly via earthquakes and such... there is a challenge in expecting all sites to be exact. You may discredit the source, but in the Law of One readings... Ra basically states outright that the Great Pyramid is no longer in position to be used as it was originally intended. Regardless of the source, the point being made makes a lot of sense to me.

How is this factored in when trying to research this on your end?

Namaste!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

It's very simple, the more things on a ley line that exactly line up, the more forgiving I am of things that ALMOST line up. I take continental drift into account, by the way, and this is my method; If everything on a particular plate lines up, and everything on another plate lines up, but the plates don't match each other, I let it go. However, it should be noted that I have found the differences to be very minor (inches and feet) in any event, and it is only applied to extremely old structures anyway. Masonic temples line up perfectly regardless of where they are in the world, as opposed to very old structures such as stonehenge or the nazca lines.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
Thanks for this thread. I've always had a passing interest and may use your work as a launch pad to try to understand it more.

Let me also add that I am glad you find my post useful in some small way. The poles also move, by the way, and thats just one more thing that needs to be taken into account in this field. This is why I believe a scientific approach needs to be taken, as opposed to a mystic approach.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I too find Ley Lines fascinating and have connected certain dots. Read the following book

The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt by Christopher Dunn.

This guy is a mechanical engineer and after exploring Giza argues that the Great Pyramid was a source of harmonic resonance that converted the Earth's vibrational energies to electricity. Greenwich, London has a ley line.....its no wonder the Olympics are happening in 2012. Take a look at the works of Rik Clay and his observations for Olympics 2012.

Personally I believe that these ley lines and HAARP are linked to each other. HAARP is a modern day pyramid of electrical energy.....

I want too know if the OP has checked too see if HAARP sits on a ley line. If it it does, which i suspect it does then i think I have the answer to its ultimate purpose. And it is much bigger then manipulating weather and causing quakes.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
HAARP on a Ley line?

Very good question. I live in Alaska, and there are two major lines that go through here. I have no idea if the HAARP facility sits on one or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I intend to check.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

It's very simple, the more things on a ley line that exactly line up, the more forgiving I am of things that ALMOST line up. I take continental drift into account, by the way, and this is my method;

However, it should be noted that I have found the differences to be very minor (inches and feet) in any event,

Interesting topic. It's one I'd always had interest in.

How wide are these lines? It seems that you are referring to them as being 2 dimensional. If they are 3 dimensional, and in order to be measured it would have to be 3D, then would it matter if it was off by X feet, depending on the width of the line and any fluctuations in the "power" generated?

And another thing. With megaliths etc, how does it matter if it's off by feet? If it is on a line, does it matter if the line runs exactly through the center of the object, or under one of the edges?
edit on 6-6-2011 by LHP666 because: add

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ley lines is a subject which really fascinates me. I think I may have found a few in my local area. I taught myself how to douse by practicing on finding water pipes in the area, then looking up any 'positives' with local council water pipes. Then I looked for minor lay lines which connected mainly natural but a few man-made objects as well.

I know you said you don't know what they are......but what do you suspect they might be....?

Do you what do your gauss meter and your compass show you? Do you actually have any physical evidence? What do you suspects make humans build grand monuments along significant points across the global network of ley lines? Do you think human activity, either through the building of grand monuments or other major activity e.g. dropping major nukes, can create new ones, or affect existing ones.

Have a quite a few questions but they're the big ones that I've always wondered about.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woghd

In Becker-Hagens Planetary Grid System map of ley lines, the Gulf of Alaska area marked by 7 appears to be over my home Kodiak Island. There are many places considered spiritual here with ancient petroglyphs on coastal cliffs. A few miles from my home, Three Saints Bay was the location of the first Russian settlement in North America during the 1700's. There is a church here not to far away from the first settlement which was left standing in perfect condition, after the 1964 earthquake destroyed the village and washed out surrounding houses out in the tsunami. I am beginning to wonder if there is any significance of it being located near the 7th coordinate on the map. There are many more phenomena in this land that makes me wonder everyday. It might be something worth looking into, if anyone does please post the results

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LHP666

I have been researching the ley system for some 40 years, on foot, following them with divining rods, the same way our ancestors did. If you project the major leys you will find that the energy they use comes from volcanic plugs and extinct volcanoes. The St. Michael/Mary line comes from an extinct volcano on the Azores. Another passes through Iona Abbey from the entrance of Fingal's Cave on Staffa island volcanic plug to an extinct volcano on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. My book "Ley Lines of the UK and the USA" shows many more. It is subtitled "How Royalty, the Freemasons and the
Church used ley lines.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Nice subject bump. Ley Lines are super interesting and aren't understood at all. I find them fascinating. The more info I can read on them, the better.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I suggest add this location to your research

latitude -28.814668
longitude 151.851276

if you place them coordinates in Google map it will give you the exact location and view of the Ballandeon pyramid. Its not a small pyramid built with large granite blocks. The story of how it was built is very stetchy, apparantely built by one person single handly. The supposed builder is deceased and their is no photograghs of its construction theres no way of knowing for sure when it was built, or even if the story behind its construction is true.

Be interesting to see the data measured with guass meter.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
the ancient people, spiritual leaders (medicine men/shaman), adepts, priests, seers, Alchemists, persons sensitive to EM energies underneath them did not have access to gauss meters or even tote around lodestones (compasses)...

so how did 'they' discover the real and accurate ley lines which connect various and distant ~strong spots~ of EM vortices

I personally employ dowsing objects for precise location of hidden stuff but a medicine wheel/circle also generates a vortices...it is still a open question if a stone-medicine wheel/circle creates the vortex or the energized spot had a medicine wheel built there as an obvious place locator (aka: shrine)

I can appreciate the effort in seeking new instruments to 'prove' the existence and veracity of ley lines, or points of Electro-Magnetic vortex

the overhead wires for cable tv, power, telephone, microwave towers, even local weather radar... really mess up the invisible grid in developed places
and all that is like 'white noise' to a ley line or vortex searcher... even fault lines or breaks in strata (like graves for pets) get lost in the 'noise' for a searching dowser
edit on th31143126914010452015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

thanks for the info;
a reply to: davidcowan

I think the knowledge of ley-lines came way before the end of the last iceage some 15-18 k years ago and dowsing was not a purely primitive technology...but a foggy memory of the collective-conscious reemerged... perhaps the planetary grid of leylines were the base-5 fractals from geological causes, but with anomalies, so a repeating pattern grid would not be natural.

I had weird emotions at the Nuremberg Germany intersection...but remain unsure if I 'sensed' the underworld presence there or was influenced by my knowledge of the legends, leyline vortex where Hitler rallys took place at the Munich, 5 ley line intersection

related: one-evil.org...
www.wga.hu...

edit on th31143127163110272015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31143127171510282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Br really scientific and find out what the odds are the sites will randomly be in a straight line association, and what percentage, based on your normalization, are; and what the deviation from the norm could be expected, as a value.
If you can't define a parameter, then no analysis is possible, which is where mystification creeps in.
a reply to: ztruthseeker

edit on 10-5-2015 by starswift because: just because

edit on 10-5-2015 by starswift because: cause

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The tool kit cold be expanded to have a tool kit with a block of granite connected with an accelerometer mounted to to it. The purpose is too place the granite on the ground and the vibrations transmitted through the ground will be detected by the accelerometrer. The accelerometer is collected to a datalogger so information is collected digitially and can view ,and graphed on a laptop. The frequencies of interest are them below human audible range. I think they low frequency phenomena is connected to node points.

www.analog.com...-overview

top topics

join