It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Are you going to hell? Take the test, you may be suprised

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm guessing the "point" to be...we are all sinners in one form or another.

Can I have a cookie?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well...crap

I passed the gay one, though...?

There are few things that are to be taken so literally. One of my favorites is "Love thy neighbors as yourself" and I try to stand by it each and every day. +50 Intelligence points for this lady, I understood the post completely, I hope everyone else does as well

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
There would probably be about a hundred theologians lined up to refute you on most of these conclusions you've come to.

I'm not even a theologian and I can offer alternatives to one of the questions of your quiz.

1) The idea of stoning your new wife if you find out she isn't a virgin is part of the Old Testament and as such is under the Old Covenant, not the new one established by Christ. Christ fulfilled the old law when he died on the cross.

Galtians 3:19 "What then is the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the seed should come to whom the promise has been made"

We can never fulfill the law and God knows that, because we are drawn to sin. That is why he sent Christ to fulfill the law and make us justified by faith.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, as a big sinner myself, I take solace in these words:

"Above all things, have intense love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins." 1Peter 4:8

I can do that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Great Post - As many people say "not everything in the bible is literal" when confronted with scientific disputes to the bible. But the one area where that bible makes sure to be very literal is in its "rules" and "commandments" and as such the road to hell is vast. I will gleefully show ant Christians the rules they have broken that rsvps their ticket to hell. I would explain how that 4 words in different languages (with different meanings) were co-opted to mean "hell" by the King James Bible and that the original language meant nothing like what we conceive as hell now days BUT why should I argue their points for them.. lol

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ah well, an infidel like me is going to hell anways

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Heya ATSers

As you all know, I am a total fundamentalist christian...I loves me my scripture..well, imagine my suprise when I found out that not just myself, but everyone else in my fundy group of sing song friends are hellbound with no possibility of forgivness.

as we ALL know, the bible is the word of god, it is infallable and unable to be corrupted. It is penned by God (well, men posessed by God basically) and therefore everything is literal and without question...
I am here doing a service with this test to make many of you aware that indeed you may be going to hell already, but also to warn others teetering on the edge that you may accidently yourself into hell without even knowing it (Thanks Obama!)

So, here is the test...good luck...hopefully you answer no to everything, else...well, you know...time to get some spiritual sunscreen

1) Are you a woman? If yes, then have you ever spoken in a church?
If yes, your doomed.

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

2) Women (again), have you ever worn your hair short?
Yes...oh boy...time to go to hells salon

"Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)

3) MenL Did you find out on your wedding night that your (former) wife was a virgin by her bleeding? and if not, did you immediately bring her to her parents house so the town could stone her to death?
If no to the stoning...sorry, your part of the problem...see you and your harlot wife in hell

"But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

4)Have you cut your hand off to prevent you from sinning (or eyes out if thats how you sin, etc)?
Hopefully its difficult to type for many of you due to your sacrifice of limbs to prevent your sinning..

"If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched." (Mark 9:43)

5) Your parents...were they married when you were born?
Lets hope so...no married parents on your birth = total doom

"One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

There ya go, a short 5 question quiz that some of you are unaware of...sorry if you are going to hell, but at least you will have lots of company

oh, and one more question...call it extra credit.

taking the first 5 questions for the absoluteist position it is on what is and isn't bad/evil/whatever, please answer the 6th question in the same tone

6) Are you gay?

(and an extra 50 points to those whom understand the actual point of this thread)

#1 TO THIS COMMENT: this actually means woman teaching the gospel OK, noT just having bible study or actually discussing the Bible, and I dont see where it says that they would go to hell....

#2TO THIS COMMENT:This means, when a woman prays, reads the Word of the Lord, or is laying on of hands or anything that involves the holy spirit, she is to have her head covered, it is a sign of respect and also hides the femininity of the woman to angels. This scripture is about the head covering of a woman, and yes, we do this within our fellowship and I do follow this, and still, no word of goin to hell here..

#3TO THIS COMMENT: Is this saying that is what people did back then, or a particular family or city? Yes, I think so, does it say anything about going to hell? No it does not....

#4TO THIS COMMENT:This is not meaning in a literal sense, it is totally a parable, a parable parable [ˈpærəbəl]
n
1. a short story that uses familiar events to illustrate a religious or ethical point Related adjs parabolic, parabolical
2. (Christian Religious Writings / Bible) any of the stories of this kind told by Jesus Christ
par·a·ble (pr-bl)
n.
A simple story illustrating a moral or religious lesson.

#5TO THIS COMMENT:This, once again is being misinterpreted by someone who doesn't have the holy spirit, and can therefore, not understand the bible correctly and be able to discern what this is actually meaning, so I, who has the Holy Spirit will tell you, this is speaking of the birth when you were really born, when you were born into the Holy Spirit and God the Lord through baptism, your parents, or elders are who baptize you, they too must be legitimate in the way they baptize someone, they must have the Holy Spirit first of all, and baptismo- meaning to FULLY submerge in water, every inch should be in the water at the time, and their teachings must be legitimate. Which, I and others within my fellowship have done, so my answer is a NO once again.

#6 No, I am not.

Yeah, I totally understand the point of this thread, it is that once again someone does not have the Holy Spirit that reads the Bible, and can, therefore, not correctly interpret it, oh yah, and that I'm not going to hell
MARRIAH
edit on 15-4-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Blasphemy...sure ticket to hell.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, guess I'm going to heaven!
never married, dodged a bullet with my parents being married!
YAY
to bad it doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

As archaic as the initial post sounds the OP has a very good point. Religion is nothing but a thuggish form of control by mankind itself.
Who the hell has the right to proclaim the word of “god”? Certainly not anyone I have ever heard of.

Religion is one of the reasons we suffer now. Whatever happened to logic and reason?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Artanis667
Will I go to hell? I most certainly would if it wern't for the loving forgiveness of Christ.

So, what about someone whom never heard of Christ then...are they screwed just by default?

this issue is addressed early in the book of Romans. those who have never heard the Gospel will be judged, case by case, based on what they did with what they knew (we are all preprogrammed with some basic moral values, hence the universality of thou shalt not steal/kill/lie).

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Also, God chooses whom He wishes to go to heaven, when they die, they all get a chance to know the truth, then they can choose and be judged by God.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Blasphemy of what, where did I commit blasphemy? Besides, once again, Blasphemy is a forgivable sin, and you will not go to hell, unless it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which I did not do.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im reading the old testament for the first time. And i also enjoy the many unpredictable rules i have found.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I hate unicorns also...stupif effing horny horses...if they existed, I would so punch one for being all...unicorny!

unicorn hater AND Christianity basher.
doomed for sure. "such a man is not worthy to live!"
how bout kittens? please tell me at least you love kittens!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

AMEN AMEN,THAT'S WHAT I, HAVE BEEN SAYING....Now,you all of us,that are believers,know that Jesus died for all of our sins,no matter what they are.If we repent and do what he says,obey, baptismal,read our bible,tell the gospel to all,do his will,commandments.We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.But God gave his only son for us,he died for all of us.Now we get a second chance,if you don't go to heaven,the only one you can blame,is your self. He wants us all with him,like he said,if he loses one,he will go searching for that one.Then he will rejoice when they are found.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

I hate unicorns also...stupif effing horny horses...if they existed, I would so punch one for being all...unicorny!

unicorn hater AND Christianity basher.
doomed for sure. "such a man is not worthy to live!"
how bout kittens? please tell me at least you love kittens!!!

depends on how they are prepared really.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

As long as we are citing records here we should point out that there is no record of jesus' existence beyond the bible or any book that was written with the intent to be in the bible.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
here is what happen in india

rajeev2004.blogspot.in...

Missionary agenda of YSR CM of Andhra Pradesh: From the Horse's Mouth
jan 25th, 2009

this is how the republic is supporting 'secularism', ie. the eradication of hinduism. very appropriate on republic day.

samuel reddy evangelizes at taxpayer expense.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Rajeev,
This is from someone in the hinduism forum who compiled data on the christist YSR on distributing state money to the missionaries.

thanks
Sriram

There are always allegations about the missionary zeal of the Christian Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y.S Rajasekhara Reddy or commonly known as YSR. But many times due to absence of hard evidence, these are often discarded as nothing more than chest-thumping.

For people who believe only in "evidences" here it is. its a collection of all the Government Orders (GO) by the Government of AP allotting funds to various Churches in AP. source of information is no secret either. It is the online portal of Govt of AP listing all the GOs it issued (the government portals are treasure houses of information; you just have to know how to dig out what you need). You can see the data in this page:

suryassk.googlepages.com...

The following is the summary of the data from that sheet:

1. The GO portal is active only from February 2008, hence the data given is only of 1 year (ie., Feb 2008 to Jan 2009). Note that although vast, it is by no means comprehensive (ie., I have shown Govt 263.07 lakhs to Christian institutions. This amount is the minimum spent on them, not the maximum).

2. But even for a single year, an amount of 263.07 lakhs was given as aid to various Christian institutions.

3. More than 258 churches benefited from these grants for construction/renovation of churches.

4. An amount of 1316.54 lakhs was given as aid to various Muslim institutions through Wakf boards.

5. Not a single GO granting any aid to a Hindu temple can be found. This in spite of the fact that in AP, the Hindu temples are managed by the Endowments Ministry (put it simply they take all the money which the temples generate).

6. Govt takes away all the money which Hindu temples generate, but do not grant a single penny to any of its temples. It does not touch the money from Christian and Muslim institutions, but grants them huge amounts of money.

I have always argued that the "Missionary Charity" is just a myth ( ssksurya.blogspot.com... ). These new evidence only reinforce my earlier points. I do not want to waste more words how the Christian CM of AP is perusing his missionary zeal not just through individual actions, but also through direct grants from the Government of AP. As I said, the facts speak louder. Let the reader judge for himself.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vishantchaudhary

???? Why did you post a bunch of off topic stuff on a thread that has been dead for three years ???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join