It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: Are you going to hell? Take the test, you may be suprised

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'd rather reign in Hell,

then serve in Heaven!

link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I think you are missing the secret meaning to the thread.
The very pink, polkadot, fabulous elephant in the room.

link   

Originally posted by Frater210
What would be the point of Christ's sacrifice and the Grace of God that he brought to us all if we are all going to die and go to hell?

There is nothing you can do to earn the gift of Grace. Nothing. Yet it is available to All.

Thanks for asking so that I could answer. Have a good day.

I suspect that that's the point of the original post: That we are all sinners to begin with, and are only saved by the blood of Jesus; through the grace of God and not of our own abilities or actions.

link   
Actually, women featured prominently in the early early Christian church. Notice where the instructions for women in church come from. Yep, it's Paul again, writing to the Corinthians. So what. Those slippery bastards were kissing the asses of the local authorities from day one.

Source:www.womenpriests.org...

edit on 14-4-2011 by Frater210 because: syntax

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
These are human made Old Testament laws and do not determine salvation! For the Hasidic Jew, this is correct... Not the Christian.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Good thread, very entertaining. None of the verses you cite mention hell as a consequence. The only way one can go to hell is to not know Jesus as their personal savior. The rest is of no consequence, because they are sins and can be forgiven. Even if someone did comply with all of the criterion mentioned in your post, they would still be doomed to hell if they did not know Jesus as their savior.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well bring on the lake of fire then

edit on 14-4-2011 by dude69 because: hell yeah

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
These are human made Old Testament laws and do not determine salvation! For the Hasidic Jew, this is correct... Not the Christian.

You lot got different Gods now?

Seriously, someone needs to give me these memo's...

Incidently, I guess Jesus must feel stupid for praying and spreading the hebrew word and calling him the manifestation of God.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Good thread, very entertaining. None of the verses you cite mention hell as a consequence.

God does not allow sin into heaven. pretty basic root of the whole situation actually.

Oh, and tough luck to anyone born before christ, or lived say, a few miles away and never got to know him and his teachings.

ancient romans must be quite angry in hell for not having that opportunity.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Oh, I see, so is this a clever game based on a misunderstanding and designed to inform deluded Christians that they are going to go to hell based on the teachings in their own beloved book? Is that it? Than 50 pts for me. Yay!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, all one god but different rules to get in! Didn't you know?!

sounds like a popularity contest

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Yes, all one god but different rules to get in! Didn't you know?!

sounds like a popularity contest

Your own personal salvation suddenly becomes your own personal puzzle.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There is actually a point of contention there that needs to be dealt with. Can you go and scrap up any quotes from either of the books that you have presented quotes from wherein Jesus identifies God by name?

link   

I think quite possibly that you sir are destined for hell thinking that you somehow are interpreting the scriptures for us. You should mind your own business for we all speak to God in our own ways...it's a personal matter, between each of us and God.

link   

reply to post by davidchin

Oh, I see, so is this a clever game based on a misunderstanding and designed to inform deluded Christians that they are going to go to hell based on the teachings in their own beloved book? Is that it? Than 50 pts for me. Yay!

Newp, sorry

Dendro is hinting around to it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

i had an itch to answer this thread, im not sure why because i know the result of my posting. But oh well

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

Women have only had equal rights in the past few decades yet mary was christ's favorite deciple, she spoke amongst men but they didn't listen to her because she was female... She likely knew jesus better then anyone, so why would we ignore this?

"Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her as a covering." (1 Corinthians 11:13-15)

Even though in almost all pictorial discriptions of christ he has long hair....hmmm.

But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

Garbage... Written by jelous men.

43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

This is just a lesson in Hate... what hes trying to say is there should be no hate in your life. It doesn't mean start hacking off body parts, but the example is just that....if you hate something in your life, remove it from your life.

One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

Promoting mariage, which is a ceremony that binds you to the church... More garbage...

Oh right, and being gay is natural. It exists in all species on this planet, therefore its completely natural and not frowned upon by God...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Aren't you falling into your own pitfall though, judging SaturnFX for his thread when that is the duty of God? Does that make you hellbound now too?

Hey Saturn, we're going to have company!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There is actually a point of contention there that needs to be dealt with. Can you go and scrap up any quotes from either of the books that you have presented quotes from wherein Jesus identifies God by name?

In what context, like...him discussing god as a entity outside of himself, or as himself being the deity in question...

and name? isn't names a bit...oh, I donno...earthy and lame? if an entity is, it simply is...hard to be this epic multiversal consciousness, then self name itself Frank or Jimbo...but, in regards to entity seperate and entity unification, both examples are there in regards to the story of christ of course..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No way I've just thought! Mary the virgin?! was she married when she gave birth to christ?! Or was this an exception?!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I just mean within the context of naming God
The only reason I ask is because you seemed interested in knowing why it seems Christians are dealing with multiple gods.

Jesus said that he was one with 'The Father'

The Jewish folks don't seem to think it was a lame idea, just a dangerous one, and have had no problem naming him at all. I am sure you have seen the many permutations of the name Yahweh.

So it is not your imagination; there may be multiple gods. Do you think Jesus and the Jewish People were talking about the same guy? Just curious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join