It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michio Kaku - Fukishima Daiichi Nuclear Facility is a "Ticking Time Bomb"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Dr. Michio Kaku breaks down the melt down effect of the nuclear power plant. Really interesting story...in baby language for us to understand. Definitely check it out.
He also includes a comment about the downfall about the local economy, farmers dumping milk into their fields because it's too radioactive. He also recommends that top physicists into power with military control to make decision making better in Japan.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
if i were President, i'd shut all 104 nuclear plants down immediately. this madness is completely unnecessary. same goes for oil drilling in the ocean...or in general actually

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13Godslivinglight
if i were President, i'd shut all 104 nuclear plants down immediately. this madness is completely unnecessary. same goes for oil drilling in the ocean...or in general actually

You have my vote

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I really like this man. He can talk sense in a world full of nonsense and very few people can do that. I hope more people listen to him. Nuclear power might be cheap but it really does fill me with terror. Would be great (imo) if the masses would come to agree with banning it altogether. I'd rather live in the dark than worry about WHEN (not if) something's gonna meltdown and cause hundreds of years of poison and pain.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What worries me more than radiation... is the unnatural roles women have been coerced into.

Watching that women giving the interview makes me cringe, especially her voice... it's pure anguish. Carrying all the mental tension and overbearingly masculine properties... thus abandoning her natural, nurturing, life giving abilities and awe inspiring intuition.

If anything can be done to save the planet, it is restoration of the divine feminine...
edit on 14-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
5000 tons of concrete??? And the rest. It would take hundreds of thousands of tons to bury all the reactors, Huge task in perefect conditions let alone in leathel levels of radiation.Good luck with that idea your going to need it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I love Dr. Kaku, always says it how it is.

I'm still amazed that they built this reactor on such an active fault line, It defies beliefs! Its enough it make you think the whole thing was planned.

ALS
edit on 14-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I haven't always agreed with this guy but he is very intelligent and I do feel he is on point on this one.......the only thing I would differ on is that there doesn't need to be any debate. A debate on what exactly? How many lives are worth sacrificing? NONE We should protect ourselves and our enviroment AT ALL TIMES and AT ALL COST.....

JUST SAY NO TO NUCLEAR POWER!

HOOORAH

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I can see this getting worse,so the question is who will take all the refugees?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I never understood why the various countries never built the reactors underground - that way all they have to do in the event of a meltdown is shut the door and fill it full of concrete.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
I can see this getting worse,so the question is who will take all the refugees?

Great question...and here is your most likely accurate answer: CANADA. Why? Because we're known for our open arms to immigration. If we can take on boat people from China, we can take on refugees from Japan anyday. Who knows, maybe one day Canada will be producing Sony Products here one day

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I never understood why the various countries never built the reactors underground - that way all they have to do in the event of a meltdown is shut the door and fill it full of concrete.

Or even have those reactors inside a mountain. Either way, you need access to them in case there is a problem.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I really like this man. He can talk sense in a world full of nonsense and very few people can do that. I hope more people listen to him. Nuclear power might be cheap but it really does fill me with terror. Would be great (imo) if the masses would come to agree with banning it altogether. I'd rather live in the dark than worry about WHEN (not if) something's gonna meltdown and cause hundreds of years of poison and pain.

"Nuclear power might be cheap..." Actually it is not. It is subsidized power- that's all.
The ROI on a plant is, on average, 150 years.
Here is a good article explaining the finances behind new plants:

Nuclear plant costs - financing

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
God, we need to invent fusion reactors and invent them fast. We're spending a LOT on doing this, but even the most optimistic estimates I've seen put it at least 25 if not 50 years in our future.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So, what's the answer? I see plenty of people whining and deriding all forms of electrical power generation...
We can't have nuclear reactors because they might be unasfe.
We can't have natural gas plants because of fracking's effects on the environment.
We can't have coal fire generators because they emit so-called greenhouse gases.
We can't have oil fire plants because drilling for oil is bad, they emit so-called greenhouse gases, and they handcuff us to foreign oil.
We can't have hydroelectric dams because nature intended those rivers to run roughshod and the dam may harm the rare (and utterly worthless) prickleassed sucker minnow living downstream.
We can't burn wood to heat homes because of air pollution.

I see a ton of can'ts coming from a bunch of people with zero solutions. Solar power isn't the answer... that only works in places with abundant sunshine. Wind power is the stupidest idea ever... ten wind generators take up as much space as an entire coal fire plant and produce about a tenth or a percent as much electricity. All the other ideas I see floating around are nonsensical science fiction at best. So what's the answer here? I don't believe I am in the minority of people when I say throwing mankind back into the dark ages isn't a valid answer to this problem. If nothing else, look at what you are using to access ATS right now. Guess what? Your computer, data line, provider network, and the ATS servers you are contributing to the load on all use electricity and quite a bit at that. Are you willing to plunge yourself back into the dark in answer to the problem?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I remain convinced that this guy is now working for TPTB, and he is continually adding to the scaremongering.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Your sooooooooooooo wrong, He is a voice of light
in a maelstrom of darkness.
There is no scare mongering here. It like he says, tshhtf

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13Godslivinglight

That's all well and good... question for you... where do we get our electricity from?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Consume less

second line

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Energy is free and has always been free. When the powers that be stop dumbing down the population and give it to the people has always been freely given to them then thats when we will see those changes. But honestly I don't think they will ever just give that technology to us because they want the control. Do you think they will ever admit to the damage and catastrophe that they could have if not prevented then helped solve quickly? Doubt it! They only damage themselves.......KARMA is a very real thing and I myself have experienced it in my own life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join