It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Dinosaurs Have Sex? Dino-style, of Course!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How Did Dinosaurs Have Sex?

Paleontologists have spent a lot of time musing about dinosaur sex positions, and they can't agree on very much. For example, even though sex for large, long-necked dinosaurs probably looked something like giraffe mating, there's a dispute as to what the male did with its head. Some researchers believe he couldn't have maintained adequate blood supply to the brain with it so high off the ground, so he must have gotten into some kind of high-pelvis, low-neck position. Others believe he could have held his head up high and proud during his few moments of glory.

I have to admit, this is really the first time I have thought about the issue. Pretty interesting read overall - it gets the mind into some pretty strange places. Seriously, why is this rarely discussed?

I can't get my mind around a Triceratops threesome; now that would be something.

www.slate.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Megasaurass were the gay dinosaurs.
Lickalotapuss were the lesbian.
edit on 14-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This reminds me of how do hedgehogs have sex? Carefully i guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Megasaurass were the agy dinosaurs
Lickalotapuss were the lesbian

There had to be some switch hitters, right? Thanks for the laugh.

CJ

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

I know. Carefully. I just can't see how they could manage with those stubby legs and armored plates and all. Clearly, it occured. Wonder how many died trying?

CJ

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Its nice to see not every thread is doom and gloom!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

thanks for bustin my gut.. especially with "lickalotapuss"... now thats some funny poo!!! trying to imagine these lesbian dinos engauged in a 69...

but do ya need to be a lesbian to be a "lickalotapuss"?.... i must contain some of that "lickalotapuss" DNA...

on topic.. dino fornication must have been earthquaking!!! maybe the dinos organized a massive "flash" orgy in the oceans which caused tsunamis.. in turn wiped them out...just a thought... interesting post OP... thanks..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

I see this was moved to something called "chit-chat" I was also scolded for posting. I understand that some are a little more prudish than others, and the mention of sex in a "funny" way is hard to fathom, but it is a legitamate response to an interesting subject. The fact one cannot find amusement with imagining the difficulties in mating with the largest animals ever known on earth shows a slight detachment from reality. It's funny. It's also an interesting and oft-disputed subjuect. Since the story is legit and the topic is educational, it's really shallow to subject the idea to "chit-chat because you are easily offended by dino-love. That said, isn't it more realistic to write a book called "Do Dinos' Dream Wet Dreams?" than do electronic sheep do the same? Why so touchy?

CJ

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Its nice to see not every thread is doom and gloom!

Tell that to the mods! Sheesh! Aliens that look like stick figures in some deer trap video rocks on like it's all good but mention TRex getting randy and look out! How dare you!

CJ

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
can you imagine the tiny claw toe rap around? I mean, sheesh, ats. come on! this is a $2000 suit! Come on!

new topics

top topics

join