It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have been giving it some thought lately and I came up with a theory on what the parallel universes really are and how they are related to time. Don't worry even it sounds crazy to me, but it is after all a theory.

Time does not exist, it is simply a method of measuring how long a day is; how long a month is; how long a year is, etc. Yesterday and tomorrow do not exist..We live today at this time only, nothing else. Unless there are beings still living those days as the current day in a parallel universe.

Parallel universes are our past and future.

For example:

I am living now at this time on this day and it is my current day;
while my past self is living yesterday at that same time the day prior, ultimately being his current day.
I am his future being;
I am, as well, a being of the past for my future self who is living tomorrow as the current day at that same time.

This could go on forever for time is supposedly infinate.

People say that the future, our fate, is written or set in stone.

How if it hasn't happened yet?

How else could one claim to see the future if it doesn't exist?

How could one claim to know about their past life if it is no longer there?

Again this is only my theory, I have no proof, so please don't ask for me to show any; I just wanted to get this out there, maybe it may strike a cord for some people.

-ELI

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Interesting theory. I'd suggest reading up on quantum mechanics as it explains extra dimensions and parallel universes. Time and space are connected.

when talking about multiple universes in relation to quantum mechanics we're talking universes with different laws of nature and basic laws oh physics.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

That is some wild stuff! I did a thread on this, but mine was dealing with the fact that I think "ghosts" are actually just us getting a glimpse into a paralell universe....like sometimes it kind of bleeds over to ours, and that is what we are actually seeing...here's the link if you want to check it out.... S&F for you!www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I also agree that time does not exist, it's not an object, not a particle, it does not exist in the physical realm.
Time is a rule, rules are made up and they are like thoughts, this rule is a measuring factor. There is no time line because there is no time. It's just a rule of what happenes between point A to point B, as a result an idea of a "time line" pops in. Predictions assume something will happen based on a path line of something predictable, for example
something walking straight will travel all the way in a straight line to the end, there for you would be able to guess where it ends up, but as I see it, has nothing to do with time, but the observation is the key factor, looking at the object and noticing it's traveling in a straight line in the present. Everything is in the now I guess.
Or who knows time is so invisible and so small that we can't even begin to understand it.

edit on 14-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I like your theory!! I always said there is no such thing as time only those of us that record it!! Im not sure about parallel universes but I accept the possibility that they exsist becasue we really dont know either way.

new topics

top topics

join