It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portugal resistance begins : largest union prepares for general strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This will be interesting.

Portugal main union considering general strike-INTERVIEW

Portugal's largest labour union is considering calling a general strike as it steps up protests against painful austerity measures that are expected to deepen under an EU/IMF bailout, its leader said on Thursday.

"A general strike is an instrument that is on the agenda," Manuel Carvalho da Silva, leader of the 725,000-strong General Confederation of Portuguese Workers (CGTP), told Reuters.

"This is not the time to be silent. It has to be the time for protest, action and responses," he said.

Hell yeah it's time to fight back!

You can do it Portuguese people! Fight against your sell out government and the banking scum trying to enslave your country economically.

Protests have mounted in Portugal during the sovereign debt crisis, but remained peaceful so far. Several hundred thousand marched in two rallies in Lisbon last month and public transport workers have staged intermittent strikes for weeks.

Peaceful for how long?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the global awakening it's starting to spread around the world, in my country we are also standing up against the Gov, let's throw these corrupt politicians out of the power

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
too bad CGTP and its opposing faction UGT are and have been just tools of the same corrupted governamental and finantial partners.

they all give out a sense of opposition but when it comes the time, they all fall back in place to further the same agenda.

im sad to say in general we are a tame people, we have been kicked for so long that it sort of gives us an endurance to oppression, but no real will to overcome it.

the spanish will start a new civil war for less than we are being
given.

says alot

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All of these outcomes were predicted. The US, EU, all other Unions and NAFTA like agreements. These are all calculated to do exactly what they are doing and the end result will be world currency and new deal for people. It really is not hard to see that this was all the results of Long/Mid/Short term plans designed to do specific things.

If you can not see this then and feel I am wrong, then I am wrong...from your perspective. It's all by design and I just want to add that I never said the new deal will be a good one.

-Regards

new topics

top topics

join