It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Increasing Federal Debt $1,148 Per Month Per Household

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Bernank spake and He said “Tu es stultus.” Then the Bernank opened up the heavens and rained green linen cloths down upon the plebeians until they all were smothered to death.

There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

CNS News reports:

Under President Barack Obama, the federal debt has been increasing at a rate of $1,148 per month per American household.

Overall, according to the U.S. Treasury, the federal debt increased by $3,646,116,554,704.36 between Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, and April 13, 2011, when he gave a major speech announcing a plan to deal with the debt.

Given that the Census Bureau estimated in March that there are 117,538,000 households in the United States, the $3.6461 trillion increase in the debt under Obama works out to $31,020 per household.

2010 consumer debt: $2,400,000,000,000

Consumer debt per household: $20,419

Combined public and private average household debt: $51,439

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Silly person! This is positive debt. Not negative debt. This is happy debt that will feed us and clothes us, and house us and make rainbows and happy unicorns.

(Just ignore the food lines, massive unemployment, inflation, homeless, disenfranchised, and angry people. They just don't GET IT!)

S+F even though you don't understand positive negativity.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is a very damning sign to come after Soros' television interview where he announced that Americans could support more debt. Most Americans would shrug off his words as an old idiot who is well past his prime. Unfortunately, your leaders at the Federal Reserve think it was a good idea.

It is plainly obvious to most of us that the bankers are purposely crashing the US dollar. I suppose another way you could look at this is the fact that the US dollar died in 2008. The Feds are doing CPR on a dying man.
edit on 14-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's complete utter madness. Obama spends billions and then comes up with a plan to save us from "the" debt. HELLO it's his debt. I can't believe any Americans actually still support him. I'll just say it, the polls are fixed, nobody actually supports him anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Only $1,148 Per Month Per Household!
He's slacking and needs another multi million dollar vacation to clear his telepromptor hmmm I mean head and come up with more ways to spend our money;

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think this is very good Idea from Obama, because everybody needs help, I agree !!!!

Go To College

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Q. Why do conservatives champion cutting the income side of the budget
and the spending side aswell?

A. Because it benefits the acceleration of corporatism

Q. Why didn't the GOP insist upon cutting taxes for
the 10% - through 25% bracket?

(Then Americans could pay down their consumer debt...)

A. Because it benefits the acceleration of corporatism

AMEN
edit on 14-4-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm personally excited about all the new spending I'm able to accomplish without ever leaving my home.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

after reading this article i fired up my little old laser printer here at home and just printed off what i owe

if its good enough for the federal reserve its good enough for me.

there is no difference between what i print and what they print both are worthless the caviat mines illegal

damn them

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

and the inbred knuckle dragging backwards hicks will still say

"A'merca is the greatest!, If you don't love a'merca leave, A'merca is the richest planet on earth, god bless the usa, hey honey get out that lee greenwood album and crank it up!!! yeee haaww"

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My motto has always been " Trust people but verify facts." In that spirit I present another little bit of "Cherry picking" by OP to Target POTUS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e49475adc43c.jpg[/atsimg]

So how is that new Tea Party Congress Working for ya?

That means the debt has increased $94.5 billion ($94,468,495,349.84) since the Republican-controlled House gained constitutional control of the federal purse strings.

www.cnsnews.com...

Please note: SAME WEBSITE SOURCE / AUTHOR as in OP but DIFFERENT Article
Hmmmm. but this article calls into question the wrong side. Obviously not as effective as causing mass outrage if we can't target our punching bag President.

While I too am troubled by America's rising debt. It's worth noting the history of this trend. Sorry for image size but I think you can see who was at the helm during the upward swoop

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9634ac614786.jpg[/atsimg]

Reminds be of an old story. The mantra among Conservative Republicans to offer tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations while cutting benefits for the under priveleged and increasing taxes for the blue collar middle class was described to a wise old Indian Chief to which he replied:

"Only a foolish man would cut the bottom off his blanket and sew it on the top of his blanket and think he now has a bigger blanket."

Nice thread!

edit on 14-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join