It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'110 US male soldiers raped in 2010'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Mr. D

Shouldn't you be trolling some other site?

Blah blah blah. What makes you think that your perspective is useful?

Trolling? Like I stated earlier, provide useful information
like dates, facts and numbers. I can do that, you obviously
can not. methinks you are the useless troll here, why don't
you just leave and don't let the door hit you where the good lord
split you on the way out.......oh wait, you might like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

"No, I am not for abortions, don't have to abort them, just don't let them
force themselves on someone who is not homosexual and the gene
will be bred out of the Homosapien species."

You make it sound as though gay men are raping straight females and thereby passing on this supposed gay "gene! Gay men have little, actually NO, inclination to rape women!
And I am convinced that the rapes that are taking place in your "wonderful" military are by STRAIGHT MALES, if there is such a thing!!

edit on 15/4/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Rape occurs in the military for the same reasons as rape occurs in Jail. Except it is worse in the military because even though they have the same "no dobbing" mentality as jail, the structure of military means that even if you do make a report about being raped you will probably be the one punished not the criminals. Any sort of "Bullying" reports made against higher ups is an absolute no go.
AND its important that rape in the military (just as in jail) has nothing to do with sexual orientation (Its not a gay thing). Honestly woth all the easy access to statistics of crime in the military I don't feel overly sorry for victims. They choose to join and with all the reports of torture, rape, abuse, murder of civilians, the government not honouring your contract and forcing more years service how can anyone be surprised when crap hits the fan. Most returning soldiers don't ever want to go back, they aren't making it up.
The government will not clean up the military until people refuse to join a corrupt system

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuspiciousPeon

Originally posted by Steve8511
Gays or fetishes have no place in the military. If a person likes to have sex with pigeons in his spare time- who cares. But for some reason a man who loves harry butt holes gets a special place? It’s all a political grandstand for votes from a vocal minority.
Yeah the truth hurts.

It is an awkward situation for both heterosexual and gay Marines alike. I do know gay Marines (being a gay man myself) and they find the topic of male rape in the military as uncomfortable a topic as you do. You might find that a surprise that they also believe those individuals who commit rape in the military have no place at all.

I can tell you that gay military members have a fear of being "outed." In that regard you should have no fear of any of gays doing anything to your six. At the moment gay service members HAVE to live in the utmost discretion. They can be outed by a subordinate or even an upset lover. That means molesting or raping anyone of the same sex is an instant disgrace not only to the military but to other brave homosexuals who go great lengths to succeed in the military institution. Such acts from a homosexual only fan the fire of homophobia but usually bring about the wrath of homosexuals who have worked hard to build a place for themselves. A gay Marine is just as likely as you are to want to put a bullet in a military rapist.

Gays put a lot on the line for the country and risk harassment so trust me buddy - they have NO "special place" that you speak of and if they decide to molest or rape anyone of the same or opposite sex - the military is going to treat them like any other individual irregardless of sexual orientation. "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is not going to protect them in the slightest.

The only things the repeal of "Don't Ask Don't Tell" will offer is a chance for gay service members to be "open" if they CHOOSE and most importantly it protects them from snitches who would accuse them of being gay to get them out of the military. The later part of that sentence is the most important and you should see that. For example in a military actively seeking specialized dialect translators it is a shameless waste of assets not to be able to have such translators because some snitch got them kicked out due to "Don't Ask Don't Tell." Say the person kicked out did not grope or molest anyone and that they are a good person who wants to serve. Under "Don't Ask Don't Tell" all it takes is the suspicion that you are gay or bi and out the door you go. Yet men and women are dying on the battle field with no (or poor) translators in hostile territory because some politician decades ago had to make a political grandstand to the brainwashed majority.

The truth really hurts if your fellow Marines are falling on the front lines because some snitch is afraid of big bad homos. Like you said, who cares what your fellows like to have sex with. What they like or dislike should have nothing to do with keeping your six from getting blown off. Military men reporting being raped has nothing to do with your concerns about what gay military members like or dislike or any fictional "special place" they receive. They deserve a spot fighting right there next you. Semper Fi.

Well Said!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

This sounds like prison, almost. Would of never thought it was possible smh

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

OK, so here is what I expect happened. 49,000 males decided they could get out early, or get a reassignment, or file a lawsuit, or some other ulterior motivation so they became extra sensitive to normal male stuff. Slaps on the rear, or joking about the size of their junk, or telling dirty jokes, or explicitly describing what someone would like to do to their girlfriend. There might even have been some masturbation going on in plain sight, that was impossible to avoid. These folks with ulterior motives all complained of "sexual trauma" and by the strict letter of the law they were correct. In reality, there was no "trauma" just an excuse to trade into a better assignment or get some free cash.

That is just my opinion, completely unfounded, but if we have 50,000 male soldiers that were actually traumatized by normal male activities, then our military forces are in dire need of some "suck it up buttercup" training.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lubek

No offense but your comment is a little ignorant, not in a negative way, but in the most respectful meaning of the word. What most of us would view as harmless hazing or funny can involve things that some would consider sexual degradation. I mean even having someone put their balls on your face or "t-bag" you can be considered "sexual trauma".

It's not a matter of 'ineffective soldiers allowing themselves to be raped' It's just a matter of health professionals broadly categorizing things from minor incidents to full on rape as "sexual assault"..etc.

Not that I condone putting balls on other people's faces. haha.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

My ignorance on that topic was intentional, and still is. These are soldiers we are talking about. I think "trauma" should be restricted to real, verifiable injuries, not hurt feelings or embarassment.

I think what you said is exactly correct, and I think it is ridiculous for health professionals to think in those terms. It belittles the rare and real traumas that do happen. I think the "therapy" should be old school. Scared of the dark? How about a solitary dark room for a night. Scared of balls? How about you do the next 500 hernia checks!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

the guy crying for everyone to murder the bankers is telling people who gets molested to walk it off....

Strange how somone losing their house is more important than being raped.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BadPenny

Do you mean like the stuff in the photos from Abu Ghraib? Harmless japeing, no doubt, in your book?

Are you suggesting that sexual humiliation is an acceptable method of training as well as a preferred means of torture for the US army?

Intimidating and torturing a helpless captive is not the same as hazing a fellow soldier.

#1. I am a fan of torture on a very direct, very short-lived battlefield situation that may save lives in the heat of a battle. If I were a commander, that would be acceptable.

#2. I am NEVER a fan of torture back in a cell, when the information is not timely, and probably not reliable. In that case, the torture is just punitive, it is not for any military purpose.

Also, I am never a fan of sexual intimidation or torture. I am not a fan of them threatening peoples families, or using their religious beliefs against them. I think the majority of the stuff in Abu Ghraib was appalling, un-American, and I think it did much more harm than good. We went into Iraq mostly on moral grounds, so we should have taken the moral high road at every possible juncture.

On the other hand, hazing some fellow soldiers, having some laughs, and not doing any permanent, physical damage is fine. Balls in the face, momma jokes, nakedness, is fine. The fact is: these guys have to rely on one another in life and death situations. They have to know the mental fortitude of their comrades is going to stand up in the heat of battle. They aren't going to haze anyone so badly that they are tempted to get revenge in a battlefield situation, and they are not going to rely on anyone that can't take a little hazing. It is a delicate bonding situation, and it doesn't need tampered with by any outside source.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I've never called for the murder of any bankers? You have me confused with someone else.

Also, I never said to "walk off" the actual rapes. But according to the source there were 110 rapes, and 50,000 other things. The 50,000 other things are ridiculous to put in the same category as rape.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Maybe...could be an easy way out or not so easy way out. Can't really say I know for sure as I'm not in their shoes, to be honest. Still, I cannot discount people's claims of rape because it's really not something one chooses or wants to discuss. Then again, maybe that makes your point?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If 110 Us male soldiers were raped, I wonder how many male "enemy combatants" also suffered.
Ofcourse I am sure the female rapes are 10 times higher.. just saying I think a lot more male rape goes on than people think.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

If 110 Us male soldiers were raped, I wonder how many male "enemy combatants" also suffered.
Ofcourse I am sure the female rapes are 10 times higher.. just saying I think a lot more male rape goes on than people think.

I agree, probably males don't report as much as the females. Not to mention the stuff that happens in prisons, but that's a whole 'nother topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
On the other hand, hazing some fellow soldiers, having some laughs, and not doing any permanent, physical damage is fine. Balls in the face, momma jokes, nakedness, is fine. The fact is: these guys have to rely on one another in life and death situations. They have to know the mental fortitude of their comrades is going to stand up in the heat of battle. They aren't going to haze anyone so badly that they are tempted to get revenge in a battlefield situation, and they are not going to rely on anyone that can't take a little hazing. It is a delicate bonding situation, and it doesn't need tampered with by any outside source.

So fondling of each other's genitalia is necessary to male bonding? Even when the participants have to be forced into said fondling? It seems to me, that you are suggesting that sexual abuse is institutionalised. Is it the 'American Way'? No wonder there are the discipline problems that we hear about in the field, consistently in every operation that the US Infantry are involved in. Systemised sexual abuse, however 'accepted' it is, still leaves mental scars that can manifest themselves violently if not given vent. The average GI Joe may have loyalty to his fellow abuse victims, but he has no respect for any other life. The brutalised becomes the brutaliser.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You lot are being "Trolled" hardcore by "Mr.D"

I know there are A LOT of ignorant people in the world..
but do you guys really think "Mr.D" is as ignorant as he is making himself out to be in this thread?

Ok, well..
Maybe he is.. lol

But seriously..
He is still trolling the hell out of you.

While reading Mr.D's replies....
I actually thought to myself a few times..
"Do people REALLY still think like this, and truly believe what they are saying?"
(then quickly reminded myself, "uhh, yeah!")
and I thought..
"Are people like this even AWARE of wtf it is they are saying?"

And clearly the answer is no.

It is evident by the thought processes of these people that they truly are absolutely clueless and completely unaware!

Quite sad.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It is hard to belief.......but I am convinced that there are strange things are happening to people in this world and I have no idea where it comes from. Such acts can only happen for a few reasons.....social misfits who got twisted somehow in their childhood, increasing numbers of sociopaths in the army who take the lead in such behaviour and drag others with them, mind-control or the militairy is screening during intake for such twisted candidates.

If non of the above it is a confirmation of the degrading society we live in.......

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Before don't ask don't tell was scrapped. If a guy in the military had gay sex, they had to say that they were raped or else they would get discharged from the army. Go Figure so many military men were "raped".

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I've. Never been 'fondled' nor have I ever fondled anyone else, lol! I have smacked someone on the arse, mooned them, tricked them into a "superman situp" that resulted in a face full of nutsack. I have watched someone get beaten up for dangling a hot dog out their zipper and tapping it on a sleeping teammates lips until he woke up and sprang into a beating, lol!

Yes. It is bonding. It isn't institutionalized, and it dosnt leave emotional scarring. Anyone that can't take it is in the wrong field. Doesn't matter if it is sports, military, or fraternity.

Suck it up buttercup! That is the point. No one wants to really on a pansy when the shtf!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Suck it up buttercup! That is the point. No one wants to really on a pansy when the shtf!

Now I am confused, so in order to not be considered a 'pansy', you have to enjoy playing with your friends genitalia? How does that help when the pooh hits the fan? Is your 'leader' the one decided by their ablity to get the most men to touch their own genitalia in his presence?

I think that it is perfectly normal for comrades in arms to love each other and bond, but what you describe is more akin to indoctrination, or a rite of passage, not natural so much as expected. There is a distinct difference. Many militaries and militias, much better disciplined ones at that, don't seem to require the sexual humiliation of their recruits, so I do not see the reasoning that it should be sucked up, (as the Bishop said to the Priest).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Honestly, I have very rarely seen anything sexually related at all. The couple of examples I put in that post are probably the handful of things I have seen in 12 years of playing multiple sports and being involved with fraternities (I am not in a fraternity, but I have been around them quite a bit.).

The point was, whatever the flavor of hazing happens to be that day, the object is to either resist it, ignore it, endure it, or turn it around on someone else. The absolute worst thing to do is run and cry about it. My personal point of view is that any actual sexual assault would probably result in a justifiable homicide! It is certainly not acceptable to "violate" somebody, but there is a huge jump from exposing yourself, or making a sarcastic quip, compared to actually sexually assaulting someone.

The closest I have ever come to feeling helpless in some hazing came my freshman year in highschool football. 3 seniors grabbed me out of a hot shower and attempted to put me in an ice bath. I didn't go in, but one of them wound up fracturing a forearm and missing a game. Coach was extremely pissed, but not at me. A little later that same year, one of the other two pulled some dirty junk at practice and I came out from under a pile and lit into him, and it took two trainers about an hour to get his helmet off of his head where I had busted the facemask and clips. We didn't face off any more that year. I was wrestled at 112 lbs that year, and these guys were senior varsity starters that went on to play college ball.

The point is, everyone gets tested, and you either stand up for yourself, or you find somewhere that you fit in better. You don't run and tell mommy.

If it was real sexual assault, and there was real trauma, then there should have been violent repercussions, or jail time. Since I didn't hear about 50,000 murders in the military, or even 1,000 attempted murders, then I don't believe it was real trauma. I believe it was harmless pranks, blown out of proportion, probably with an ulterior motive of getting a reassignment, light duty, or seeking a lawsuit.

Let's not forget. This isn't band camp. This is the US Military. If someone tries to rape a US soldier, they better wind up dead. If I was a commanding officer, and someone came to me with male on male rape accusations, and neither party looked injured, I'm not going to take it too seriously. To rape a soldier ought to take some enormous amount of violence, or he isn't much of a soldier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join