It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'110 US male soldiers raped in 2010'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Rape,child abuse and torture are endemic in the west. We`ve known this for years, women /girls get raped every Friday/Saturday night, most don`t even bother to report it.

Western society is rotten to the core, its in terminal decline.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Every great society that has let homosexuals reign has failed!
From Greece's Alexander the "Great" to Nero's Rome before
and since.......We are doomed to repeat history if we do not learn
from it. There would be no homosexuals if it wasn't for rape and
or child molesters as they would die out as a species since men
can not bear children.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Mr. D because: changed have to bear

Every society that has let heterosexuals reign has failed, too! Isn't that amazing?

You are absolute right, we are doomed to repeat history if we do not learn and you would think that between Suffrage and the Civil Rights Movement we would have learned that discrimination and ostracism don't work.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Mr. D

I've heard that before, but name any great society that hasn't failed and fallen?

Eventually they all go one way or another, so the example fails.

Also, homosexual children are usually born to heterosexual parents, and I'm not aware of 100% of homosexuals being abused as children? They are not a separate species, and they are not going to die out as a race.

edit on 14-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

There has been talk of a homosexual "gene" in scientific
circles for awhile now, all very hush, hush. if that is true,
then we could say that they are a different species
just like Neandertals were different from Homosapiens.

en.wikipedia.org...

if that is so, then my example is not a "Fail" as you would
so describe it. It makes just as much sense as as any other
theory out there and history is a very good indicator.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Mr. D because: added much

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

The presence of a "gay" gene does not constitute a new species. If that were the case than eye colour would separate us into specie categories which it doesn't.

The science/medical community aren't being "hush hush" about the presence of a "gay" gene. Some are hesitant to even establishing it because then what would stop people from aboring their children on the presence of the gene alone?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

Originally posted by Mr. D
Every great society that has let homosexuals reign has failed!
From Greece's Alexander the "Great" to Nero's Rome before
and since.......We are doomed to repeat history if we do not learn
from it. There would be no homosexuals if it wasn't for rape and
or child molesters as they would die out as a species since men
can not bear children.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Mr. D because: changed have to bear

Every society that has let heterosexuals reign has failed, too! Isn't that amazing?

You are absolute right, we are doomed to repeat history if we do not learn and you would think that between Suffrage and the Civil Rights Movement we would have learned that discrimination and ostracism don't work.

With the blaring difference that those societies failed AFTER letting
homosexuals rule them.
isn't THAT amazing?

en.wikipedia.org...

What does women suffrage have to do with homosexuality?
I'm all for equal rights for women....all women! I just draw
the line when it comes to militant feminism. I am also for
equal rights for all races, I just draw the line when it comes
to Homosexuals and pedophiles. We don't need deviants
trying to FORCE themselves on our children and us against
our will.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

The presence of a "gay" gene does not constitute a new species. If that were the case than eye colour would separate us into specie categories which it doesn't.

The science/medical community aren't being "hush hush" about the presence of a "gay" gene. Some are hesitant to even establishing it because then what would stop people from aboring their children on the presence of the gene alone?

You are correct in that it is not a "New" species, it as as old as sin
itself. No, I am not for abortions, don't have to abort them, just don't let them
force themselves on someone who is not homosexual and the gene
will be bred out of the Homosapien species.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

One of the most successful militant groups in history was the Sacred Band of Thebes made up entirely of warrior men who were gay.

Homosexuality has as much in common with pedophilia and bestiality as heterosexuality.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

One of the most successful militant groups in history was the Sacred Band of Thebes made up entirely of warrior men who were gay.

Homosexuality has as much in common with pedophilia and bestiality as heterosexuality.

Successful? Look what happened to Egypt and you say successful?

You are wrong about homosexuality not having anything to do with
pedophilia, the Greeks actually encouraged it because they new that
children taken at a young age encouraged homosexuality and look what
happened to the Greek culture. Even today the term "doing it Greek" refers
to sodomy. I don't know about bestiality, the Greeks also had stories of
half men half animals like the Minotaurs and Centaurs which can also be
attributed to homosexuals and or bestiality. You have to remember that all
the ancient civilizations that actively practiced those things either died out
or have never again risen to their former glory.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I hate to burst your ego bubble but the Sacred Band of Thebes weren't Egyptian but actually Greek. One of the biggest "claims to fame" is defeating the Spartans in 375 BC.

Yes, Greek philosophers believed that the greatest sex was between two men. They did encourage men to have relationships with young boys. Historically, it has actually been a common practice. But so has rape and incest. Perhaps with the Grecians you could make an association between pedophilia and homosexuality but you could do it just as easily with heterosexuality because they were having sex with young girls too. Historically, there was little to no concern about consent when it came to sex.

ETA: Sorry Mods and OP that we have definitely gone off topic.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

I hate to burst your ego bubble but the Sacred Band of Thebes weren't Egyptian but actually Greek. One of the biggest "claims to fame" is defeating the Spartans in 375 BC.

Yes, Greek philosophers believed that the greatest sex was between two men. They did encourage men to have relationships with young boys. Historically, it has actually been a common practice. But so has rape and incest. Perhaps with the Grecians you could make an association between pedophilia and homosexuality but you could do it just as easily with heterosexuality because they were having sex with young girls too. Historically, there was little to no concern about consent when it came to sex.

Let go of my Eggo.....hehe I mean ego. There are two Thebes hence the confusion:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Either way, I'm not sorry to burst your homosexual\pedophile bubble as both ancient
cultures failed because of or largely in part due to homosexuals and pedophiles.
You would think that mankind might have learned something within the last several
thousand years alas that is not the case and I fear we may all go the way of the
dinosaurs.

Forcing someone to do something they would never knowingly or willing do is a
crime and needs to be treated that way, especially when it comes to the most
pure and innocent part of ourselves.....our children.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When you're young, say eighteen or so, and first go into the military's basic training program; whatever that may be (mine was USAF)...you are stuck in a "dorm" with a whole bunch of strangers and of the same sex. Big, big difference from what you grew up with in your little small town or not so little small town you grew up in. Pretty segregrated in basic, not always a same-sex issue.

Let's move on...you go to your "school" where you learn your "trade", where your base person-in-charge provides kegs of beers for all these young kids to consume for a "reward" and let's see what happens in this scenario...maybe you get steered away into a small enclave, a dorm room perhaps, being intoxicated and maybe, just maybe the cute person you're with all of a sudden starts takin' your pants down, and before ya know it, someone's in ya...all in a matter of minutes. Maybe you're eighteen and far, far away from home and the next morning, ya see said person in the chow hall and almost want to ask yourself- was that just a dream?

I don't know...it's the whole herd mentality, throwing groups and groups of people together and what do ya get? My main reason for living a little life, with few outsiders, don't let anyone in. I never was in combat but wow...ya don't think alcohol isn't there, even provided by the military's PTB? What could happen most likely does, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility or the stats that suggest it happens. Unless you've been there...ya think it could only happen once?
edit on 14-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

edit on 14-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
When you're young, say eighteen or so, and first go into the military's basic training program; whatever that may be (mine was USAF)...you are stuck in a "dorm" with a whole bunch of strangers and of the same sex. Big, big difference from what you grew up with in your little small town or not so little small town you grew up in. Pretty segregrated in basic, not always a same-sex issue.

Let's move on...you go to your "school" where you learn your "trade", where your base person-in-charge provides kegs of beers for all these young kids to consume for a "reward" and let's see what happens in this scenario...maybe you get steered away into a small enclave, a dorm room perhaps, being intoxicated and maybe, just maybe the cute person you're with all of a sudden starts takin' your pants down, and before ya know it, someone's in ya...all in a matter of minutes. Maybe you're eighteen and far, far away from home and the next morning, ya see in in the mesh hall and almost want to ask yourself- was that just a dream?

I don't know...it's the whole herd mentality, throwing groups and groups of people together and what do ya get? My main reason for living a little life, with few outsiders, don't let anyone in. I never was in combat but wow...ya don't think alcohol isn't there, even provided by the military's PTB? What could happen most likely does, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility or the stats that suggest it happens. Unless you've been there...ya think it could only happen once?

You mentioned dorm room so I interpret that as a university setting.
Yes alcohol and peer pressure is a powerful PTB tool \ mix and it is
used alot. It is one thing between two consenting adults, it is a completely
different story when it comes to underage teens. That said, many teens
are pressured to fit in, be cool have a smoke or drink and you will be part
of the in crowd. One thing I think is strange and is probably a paradox is
that teens can legally go to war and die (EightTEEN), drive a car, get their own
apartments etc., yet they are not allowed to legally drink alcohol? (except in
Louisianna and overseas maybe). I think the key word is legally here.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Dorm room does not refer to a college dorm; where do you think they house their basic trainees? You don't get your own room. You're in a building together with cots lined up and ya get your own locker and your showers are open, meaning not private. Bathroom stalls were private, thank goodness, at least for us females.

How many young kids join the military because their outlook is bright and they want to prosper in a new future for themselves? How many young kids that join leave their home because they have no bright prospects?

Alchohol was widely used, not in basic, but certainly at training, where you learn your skill to serve...mine was at Biloxi, and heck ya, it was a blast. But, you're thrown in with lots and lots of young kids who left their home for a new adventure and yeah, sex and alcohol was rampant.

Let's go further...say you're in Afghanistan or Iraq or what-have-you...you are so far away from everything you knew and you don't know what the next day will bring. Stuff happens, people are people and things just happen. Sometimes perhaps consensual, sometimes not. But I don't doubt for a minute that rape is exclusive to the women...

edit on 14-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: delete and add

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And I am sure that the real number is higher due to the stigma, shame and threats involved.
One solution: make revenge murder for rape "justifiable homicide" (if the rape is proveable).

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I just feel sorry for the Iraqi children and women who at one point had dealt with mentally sick american soldiers, i mean if they rape their own what stops them from doing it to other people, helpless people. very sick indeed!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
Rape,child abuse and torture are endemic in the west. We`ve known this for years, women /girls get raped every Friday/Saturday night, most don`t even bother to report it.

Western society is rotten to the core, its in terminal decline.

Rape, child abuse and torture is endemic to the world; let's make that clear. It is certainly not specific to the Western world. But I agree with you, most don't even bother to report it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Mr. D

Dorm room does not refer to a college room; where do you think they house their basic trainees? You don't get your own room. You're in a building together with cots lined up and ya get your own locker and your showers are open, meaning not private. Bathroom stalls were private, thank goodness, at least for us females.

How many young kids join the military because their outlook is bright and they have want to prosper in a new future for themselves? How many young kids that join leave their home because they have no bright prospects?

Alchohol was widely used, not in basic, but certainly at training, where you learn your skill to serve...mine was at Biloxi, and heck ya, it was a blast. But, you're thrown in with lots and lots of young kids who left their home for a new adventure and yeah, sex and alcohol was rampant.

Let's go further...say you're in Afghanistan or Iraq or what-have-you...you are so far away from everything you knew and you don't know what the next day will bring. Stuff happens, people are people and things just happen. Sometimes perhaps consensual, sometimes not. But I don't doubt for a minute that it happens to the guys, too.

I'm a Gulf War veteran (Desert Shield, Desert Storm). We didn't
call our quarters dorms, we called them Barracks or quarters. I had
OSUT which is One Station Unit Training which was in a barrack
setting basic training and MOS (A.I.T) training happened in the same
place (Disney Barracks in Fort Knox, Kentucky) with no Alcohol or
ciggerettes and no our showers were not closed, (neither were our
JR High showers for that matter) however this was before the don't
ask don't tell policy and we probably would have beat the S#@% out
of any homosexual soldiers at that time. Then again, the U.S.
still won wars then........................

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yeah I agree with that.....abuse is a worldwide problem that needs to be taken seriously.
But one thing is for certain, where there is conflict rape and abuse follow, as surely as night follows day.
Ending war and aggression is the single most effective way to reduce such abuse.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I have a feeling I am older than you, was in basic in the summer of '85 (when I graduated). We got to stop for smoke breaks in basic...crazy, huh? But no alcohol. I guess it was technically called barracks, but my description is the same. Basic was in Texas, very hot. When I went to Biloxi for my training, we did get kegs of beer and were allowed to smoke and party in our...well barrack's courtyard I guess. From there I got to go home for a bit but then I got my first order to...shudder, Whiteman AFB, which was a terribly bleak place. But that was just a Mon. thru Frid. job and it was in a college town where we went out almost every night. I lived on base, in "barracks" where us girls were downstairs and the guys were above us so we certainly mixed it up, if you know what I mean. The mingling of the sexes certainly occurred frequently, and I cannot dispute OP's point of the guys having to deal with some unsavory stuff.

Think about it...all these young kids together for alot of them, the first time away from home. Stuff happens.

The military didn't live up to my expectations only because of where I had to go for the first time....Missouri? Hmmm...yeah, I put in for overseas.

I always hear about the Marines, the Army Rangers and the elite military and think wow, what heroes. Then I think of my stepdad, a WWII vet who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and what a hero he was...but you know what? He was so damaged, he couldn't function in society and he dreamed his nightmares so often out loud and the things I heard as a kid... not the best. Anyway....yeah, I agree with OP that bad stuff happens and unless you've been there, how do ya know?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree...it's putting people in groups....funny how things happen. Remember Lord of the Flies?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join