It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing $2.3 Trillion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

The money isn't missing what rummy was talking about is lack of accountability.The pentagon has thousands of accounts money is transfered all over the place and even trying to follow the money is a nightmare and near impossible without books detailing there use. Unfortunately about 25percent of there yearly budgets disappears on the books some on purpose others by accident. The money wasnt heisted it was not a robbery other then taxpayers wondering what we spend our money on. When the pentagon spends 82 million a day and cant tell you were 25 percent was spent it adds up. That means do to poor book keeping and lets not forget black projects over 20 million disappears daily.

Rumsfeld was reporting to the press that he was going to start investigating this and make the pentagon more accountable.However he got side tracked 2 weeks later by the start of the Iraq war and this was never revisited.And since the military didnt need to change its still going on today. If i were president i would cut there budget by 25percent until they get there act straight and show me real accountability of there spending.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Obviously, as many "deniers" have said the missing $2,300,000,000,000.00 Rumsfeld talked about on 9/10/01 was a figment of our collective imaginations, and the events that occurred the next day along with the location of the damage to the Pentagon was a mere coincidence. A mere coincidence similar to the drills the military were conducting across the country involving hijacked planes and nearly all of our fighter jets…

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm always so amazed with folks that say, "well, the money wasn't missing, it was just unaccounted for". So well worded, don't ya think? As a taxpayer, and a normal human being for that matter, if I once had twenty dollars that I can't "account" for, then until I find it, it is missing!. It is unaccounted for. That cash is gone until I find it. And they said, well, they found some of it. Where's the proof? What's the incentive to believe them telling us that over them telling us that the Gulf Of Tonkin incident ever happened? Wake up!
edit on 14-4-2011 by rstregooski because: ye

edit on 14-4-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Seems to me it was part of the 9/11 Plot to Fund the Numerous Federal Agencies Black Budgets . The Military Industrial Complex is Devious Indeed.......

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Good document. Thank you for posting. No matter how anyone may now spin it, not only did we "mis appropraite the $3.2 trillion (we did) but then another $8billion quickly vanished from Iraq. Not to mention the dirty business of oil-for food, Haliburton raping the tax payer and the GI's themselves, we invaded Iraq and got their oil - notice any difference in price? Tax money going to pay for this rip off that general american humans decide is ok "cause at least we got the oil" and anywho, those sandnigras should be nuked and glassed etc et al. BS. Document where my money went. Then I can make an educated decision if I should be pissed or not. Sad reality is that I already know the answer ($1000 screws anyone?)...your money is not your money. Except to pay bills, eat and go out once a week. The rest goes to the machine, and when the machine says, "prove it" you can't and won't.
They have done this numerous times in recent memory. The market crashes of the late 90's and 2000's... the Madoff's and the rest; the continuance of the rich escaping taxes, yet owning more than ever and using their money to evade what is due...even with his amazingly obvious shenanigans, Clinton had our budget at $0.
What is it now? How many times do we need to be told that our military budget (without any black ops or other) is combined that of China and Russia and everyone else before we realize that it is NOT DEFENSE? How obvious can this fact be?
Regardless, the money is gone. It continues to dissapear as we discuss. There are forces which we cannot understand fully - at least I can't - that are managing this disaster - where did the money go? Good question. Follow the money and you will find out the why's and wherefores. Just sucks that there is squat you can do about it - we are now so brainwashed that a headline stating "$2.3 trillion missing" means nothing.
May I, in all seriousness, call out a Jimmney Christmas, this is an obvious HEIST? to all with brains? Thank you if anyone read this, I am upset.

CJ

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Rumsfeld was tackled about this on video. He said something to the effect that it was not misappropriated, but that the breakdown of the money was not readily available. In other words he was on a paper chase. That video is on ATS somwhwere.

Let's put this into perspective: Rumsfield is the same gent that recently said he did not know anything about Building 7 falling on 9/11. Quite remarkable for a man in his position, eh?

Also google Rumsfield and Aspartame.

Rummy is a classic good-ole-boy.

edit on 15-4-2011 by tyson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I bet thats not all thats missing or can't be accounted for?

where are the billions from Iraq gone to that disappeared in to thin air?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
reply to post by dragonridr

I'm always so amazed with folks that say, "well, the money wasn't missing, it was just unaccounted for". So well worded, don't ya think? As a taxpayer, and a normal human being for that matter, if I once had twenty dollars that I can't "account" for, then until I find it, it is missing!. It is unaccounted for. That cash is gone until I find it. And they said, well, they found some of it. Where's the proof? What's the incentive to believe them telling us that over them telling us that the Gulf Of Tonkin incident ever happened? Wake up!
edit on 14-4-2011 by rstregooski because: ye

edit on 14-4-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

You have obviously never dealt with the military have you. Things are purchased all the time through requisitions an example lets say a base orders 10000 MRES the money is sent to central purchasing out of say out of a units budget. Now the Unit spent the money went to central purchasing where they place the order with the dept of the army. They will have 2 options purchase more or transfer. Now another base has an overstock of say 2000 MRES they ship there 2000 and 8000s is purchased. So now the manufacturer is paid they are shipped the base receives 10000 MRES a transfer and 8000 paid for. Now heres where the book keeping comes in and gets messed up. the unit claims they only received 8000 because they forgot about the transfer this report goes back to central purchasing they reorder 2000 and pay for it by sending more money to the dept of the army. they do some accounting homework advise the unit they did receive it they check and confirm. So now the army has this money do they send it back no they do not thats to organized instead it sits in the account.Eventually theres an audit done and that money is found but now they have no clue where it came from because they show purchase and deliveries aka bad paperwork so what do they do send it to the pentagon for discretionary spending.And guess what the moneys there they just have no clue as to how it got there.

There is money sitting in thousands of accounts they know its there they just haven't a clue where it came from not to mention purchase orders being lost and well as stated earlier black budgets where they make up fake purchase orders.Do you remember Al Gore and the 500.00 coffee cups the military purchased. They didn't pay 500.00 for a coffee cup trust me. That money was sent to fund a project they do not want congress to show on a public budget for example stealth fighter didn't show up on a budget until they had a prototype and even then only under a code name. But millions are spent to get a prototype.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
And then there's the forgotten question of, what DID happen to that money?

listen... they NEED that funding to complete projects like creating genetically designed 'demon' type creatures for a demon infestation, UFO tech for an alien invasion, human genome upgrading to create christ-like super heroes, massive hologram projectors, earthquake/tsunami machines, underground bunker cities, Ark type subs, space battle stations.. Mars bases, Titan bases, Venus bases,

all to scientifically put into action every end-days manifestation that the fanatic Christians expect to happen in the book of revelation.

give em a break.. i mean i doubt that 2.3 trill will be even enough for all that!... //shrug///

-

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by samkent
You obviously don’t do any research. It’s no wonder you believe in conspiracies.

There was an audit where the military couldn’t account for 2.3 trillion in spending. The money was spent just not accounted for. I don’t know over what period of time the audit was for. But clearly it was for more than 1 year.

This is such old news.

Apparently, you mean to say that as long as it was spent its OK.

2.3 Trillion doesn't EVER get to be "old" news.... sorry... that's not your decision to make.

Yes, that is exactly it. It was spent. It was an audit going back to Clinton's administration. It was also talked about as early as March of 2000.
hv.greenspun.com...

Also was again discussed in Feb, 2001

www.pbs.org...

Not to mention that 2.3 trillion, is about 8 TIMES the 2001 defense budget. So OBVIOUSLY it is not from one single year.

It also was again discussed in 2002,
www.defense.gov...

and he explained that they are finding where the money went.

You should read the articles linked.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Whenever the debunkers set in on "chemtrails," they use this same standard, head-in-the-sand line. They tell us that the trails are where they're supposed to be, that planes leave trails, it's normal. Well, that doesn't change the fact that it's a huge source of pollution and scars the beautiful blue sky.

Steam pullutes the sky? Say it ain't so.....

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Just because the money was spent, the systems were old and the whole thing can be chalked up to general incompetence doesn't mean we should be happy about it. If my wife told me that she spent more money than we make in a year, but didn't keep any receipts and doesn't remember what she bought, she wouldn't be my wife anymore. Even if there is no conspiracy here, it still stinks. Why are debunkers so quick to not only dismiss issues like this, but actually defend the scumbags at fault?

I couldn't agree more. The problem isn't that the money was unaccounted for. It's that C.T. seem to think that
A-It wasn't announced untill the day before (It was being discussed in March of 2000) and
B-That after 9/11, nobody seemed to do anything about it.

These are both absolutely false. See my previous post.

It's not that we are defending an antiquated system, it's that C.T. seem to think that it was some kind of conspiracy. It wasn't. As you said, imcompetance. I will agree. Hence, why they have fixed the problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by exponent

Looky... a friendly hand has arrived...

Billions of dollars of DoD taxpayer-provided money haven't disappeared, Zakheim said. "Missing" expenditures are often reconciled a bit later in the same way people balance their checkbooks every month. The bank closes out a month and sends its bank statement, he said. In the meanwhile, people write more checks, and so they have to reconcile their checkbook register and the statement.

DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop.

"We're getting it down and we are redesigning our systems so we'll go down from 600-odd systems to maybe 50," he explained

I should feel better because the greatest nation on earth has a department of defense that manages its money like my Mom and Pop on Quicken? That's why we pay millions of taxpayer dollars for the latest and most impressive of accounting systems and professionals?

I expect you maintain that the American Forces Press Service has set this matter to bed, right?

I did happen to notice though, that despite the reassurances about how this money is all being 'accounted for' by the heroic endeavors of the DoD accounting office (albeit slowly,) they didn't refute the impact of the jet which is said to have wiped out the accounting department and staff - one might think it would be easy to refute if it were false. Instead you ask for more (repeated) sources you will simply, per "all is well" tradition, continue to decry as unworthy.

And yes... I did use the word "script," ... it's the lasting impression of tired debunking rituals undertaken by one or more actors in an exchange... true or not, the appearance of this 'ritual' is as relevant as it is persistent. If you feel it is negative, change the script, it's fairly easy .... for example:

Rather than calling for evidence that says (for the umpteenth time) what offices were destroyed in the pentagon; offer some that says the accounting office wasn't hit.

Do you really think that in the Pentagon is the ONLY place these records were kept? Come on now....

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
The "unaccounted for" issue is old news. It was old new on 9/12 as far as people like you are concerned. However, it was never addressed after 9/10. Never. So you're okay with this amount of money being accounted for? Are you made of money? Do you enjoy giving away your money so it can be managed like somebody's piggy bank?

My post was to point out that everybody put it on the back burner after 9/11 and left it there. If that's good enough for you, then you live in a different world than I.

Yes, you do live in a different world aparently. It wasn't left there.

It was investigated. Read some of the links that have been posted.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Supposedly, the financial information for the year 2001 was destroyed on 9/11. Ah, but everyone keeps backup files, right? I had read somewhere that the duplicate files were on floor 25 of WTC 7 in the DOD offices there.

Possible, sure. But I highly doubt that a mainframe computer was placed in a highrise building in NY. It's not very secure there.

We all know what happened to building 7. By deduction the files were most likely there as no one has stated they were somewhere else. It's rather strange how Google search results for WTC 7 tenants comes up very, very few hits.

www.wtc7.net...
www.cnn.com...

Maybe your Google is broken?

So if the backup financial statements were housed in WTC7 we are faced with the fact that the only 2 places where the DOD kept their files were both destroyed on 9/11. BOTH BUILDINGS?
C'mon! The odds against this happening by chance are too astronomical to even attempt to figure.
Yet people want to say "no conspiracy here folks"

And yet, most of the money has been accounted for. So, something tells me that it was not in 7WTC.

edit on 15-4-2011 by FDNY343 because: Add link

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
here

In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.

Why do we have to keep repeating this info? So people want soooo badly to have a conspiracy that they just refuse to look for the truth. It took about 5 seconds to Google the answer. It takes you longer to whine about 911 than it does to find the truth.

Wow. So what you're saying is all you need to hear is one paragraph by somebody's cronie and you're good with it. Ok. Then it's settled. They know where it's at and it was a non-issue all along.

Do you now what an "adjustment" is? In double entry accounting it's when the two columns don't match up so you throw a number in one of the columns, label it "adjustment" and viola! Now they match up. Problem solved. In this case, there were "adjustments" of millions and millions of dollars. Do you work for the government? Are you on welfare? Did you win the lotto? Because I can't think of any other mentality that would compel you to be so flippant about taxpayer money

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Your post shows just how little you have researched the subject. No one involved with it felt it was "flippant". Donald Rumsfeld felt very strongly about the subject and that it was a prime symbol of what was wrong with the Pentagon. Prior to 9/11/01, there were over a dozen different computer networks (not to mention a few thousand file cabinets) in the building....of which ALL contained financial information and of which NONE were compatible with all of the rest of the networks in the building. In other words, an information systems nightmare of the first order. One that no one ever made a serious attempt to fix....they just kept adding more computers and more file cabinets and the problem compounded over decades.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is from the Army general ledger accounting report for 2002:

The Army did not publish stand-alone financial statements for FY 2001 due to the loss of financial management personnel sustained during the September 11 terrorist attack. Therefore, we did not audit Army financial information for FY 2001 financial statements.

Like I said earlier, the back up files were destroyed on 9/11 at WTC floor 25 DOD offices.
Or why didn't they just call Indiana?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The Army did not publish stand-alone financial statements for FY 2001 due to the loss of financial management personnel sustained during the September 11 terrorist attack. Therefore, we did not audit Army financial information for FY 2001 financial statements.

Like I said earlier, the back up files were destroyed on 9/11 at WTC floor 25 DOD offices.

I don't suppose that you have proof of the DOD offices in 7WTC being for Financial, do you?

You do realize that it could have been a recruiting station, right?

I've filed a FOIA request asking what the offices were for. We shall see what comes of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You do realize that the DoD is comprised of more than just the Army right? Or are you trying to further "enhance'" this particular theory by saying is was just the Army's problem?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What you have quoted above is part of a paragraph from the DoD report. It goes on to say " However, Army financial statement information was included in the DoD FY 2001 Agency-Wide Financial Statements."

See para 1 under Executive Summary :-

www.dodig.mil...

So what was lost were "stand-alone financial statements " but the information was nevertheless included in "Agency-Wide financial statements ". And, of course, it all relates to army finance for fiscal year 2001 and has zero to do with unreconciled trillions from many previous years DoD budgets.

If any back-up files were destroyed at the WTC thay were superfluous because the 2001 Army info was already included in the Agency-Wide statements.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join