It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing $2.3 Trillion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It seems not much has been made of the supposed missing $2.3 Trillion that Rummy announced the day before the attacks.

We hear a number like that and it just goes over our heads. It's so large we just think, "wow, that must be a lot" and take it no further. Lets put it in perspective:

President Clinton's 2001 proposed budget for the entire Federal Government, including military, was $1.83 Trillion. The military budget prior to 9/11 was running around $330 billion. So, the Pentagon effectively misplace about 1.25 years worth of the total US budget or about 7 years worth of military budget. Furthermore, that amount of money would be enough to pay off the debt to China about 3 times. Or, enough to run the state of Arizona for almost 80 years.

After 9/11 we never heard another word about that "misplaced" money. In the corporate world, if, as an accountant, you misplace a few thousand dollars once or twice, you're fired. In extreme cases you might been investigated for embezzlement. But conveniently, supposedly, all of the computers that held all of this information were destroyed. In the real world, that wouldn't matter. You could interpolate existing figures and estimates and reconstruct the data using a number of sources. The fact that this issue just "went away" is troubling. If they can just brush off $2.3 trillion of the taxpayer's money then sweep it under the carpet, what else are they doing? Who's pockets are they lining?

And then there's the forgotten question of, what DID happen to that money? How did the Pentagon misplace 7 years worth of funding? We all know that isn't what really happened. The money is out there and it's troubling that nobody seems to want to know where it went. $2.3 trillion and no investigation!

Before you jump on the "Blame Bush" bandwagon, remember, we're talking about 7 years worth of military spending. Bush had only been in office for about 9 months when Rummy made this statement. The previous 8 years belonged to Clinton. Not that it matters. I really don't care. I'm past the political party blame game. They are all crooks.

In my opinion, this issue could very well be the largest heist in the history of the world and nobody is investigating. Nobody has been arrested and nobody seems to care where the money went. The fact that our own congress and senate have not called for an investigation tells me our entire government is complicit in this matter. I'm sure they all got the memo to keep their mouth shut about this issue. The fact that not ONE member of the federal government has come forward to put this issue back in the limelight tells me one thing; they really don't serve the people. They really don't care about what happens with our money and confirms what I have been saying for awhile now, they are all on the same team and we are the opponents.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You obviously don’t do any research. It’s no wonder you believe in conspiracies.

There was an audit where the military couldn’t account for 2.3 trillion in spending. The money was spent just not accounted for. I don’t know over what period of time the audit was for. But clearly it was for more than 1 year.

This is such old news.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I tend to agree that once you start the age-old "it was this administration or that one" game you've already left the field of reality and entered the theatrical construct meant to keep us from the truth.

Only Congress can appropriate funds... so ultimately, all representatives get the thrill of sharing the failure... which is why they all seem to agree that we "must look forward towards the challenges ahead of us, and not dwell on the past." This is what indemnifies them from all prosecution, and fuels the theory that they create all of our problems in society so we NEVER can look back at who did what and who was to blame.

Let's face it, we might as well consider that this money didn't exist in the first place... it was just a debt placed firmly on the backs of tax-payers and the DoD was the easiest label they could use to do so...

Politicians are mostly clowns, fools, and actors; so it makes little sense to expect them to actually 'do' anything. Those few who do seem to have a grasp of what needs to be done are the target of either vigorous denigration or orchestrated invisibility; because the media says what its paid to say; except they don't ever have to tell us what is and what isn't scripted; that would be a violation of THEIR rights.

In time the truth may slosh its way out of the container their hiding it in; and when it does, be gentle on those who insist that it was one party's fault or another.... they are the indoctrinated and well-heeled 'sports fans' of politics... reason has little to do with it... it's not really patriotism or partisanship that drives their zealous adherence to the idea of "parties" and "left-right" paradigms.... it's just TV and the love of the celebrity politicians whom they have been sold as heroes and patriots...
edit on 14-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
You obviously don’t do any research. It’s no wonder you believe in conspiracies.

There was an audit where the military couldn’t account for 2.3 trillion in spending. The money was spent just not accounted for. I don’t know over what period of time the audit was for. But clearly it was for more than 1 year.

This is such old news.

The conspiracy being... they could NOT account for this $2.3Trillion spending, then miraculously, along came the events of the following day and this little episode went away.
There will always be discrepencies when the auditors do their work, but even over a long time period, the amount is staggering and deserving of intense scrutiny. Another question would be, what is the auditing period? Is it yearly, every couple of years? That would at least indicate over what timespan this spending took place.

Where public money, provided by the taxpayers is concerned, they should be made to account for every damned penny. Failure to do so should carry penalties, as it does for businesses and private individuals when asked to provide financial documentation.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is such old news.

Apparently, you mean to say that as long as it was spent its OK.

2.3 Trillion doesn't EVER get to be "old" news.... sorry... that's not your decision to make.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

great post, I hope the numbers in the first paragraph are accurate. Well, actually, I hope that you vastly overestimated
but i doubt that's the case. i remember watching this on the tube and just scoffing. You knew right then and there, when he told them that he'd get back to them, that we'd never hear about it again. It always aggravated me, but when you lay it out in those relative terms, it just makes it that much worse. The pentagon steals from us, the Fed steals from us, wall street steals from us... when is enough enough?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Apparently, you mean to say that as long as it was spent its OK.

2.3 Trillion doesn't EVER get to be "old" news.... sorry... that's not your decision to make.

All it takes is to google the phrase "2.3 Trillion" and the questions you might have will be answered:
www.911myths.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you, you are exactly right that this should not be old news.
To me it's like a murder that has not been solved in 10 years or longer so should the police and detectives just say "oh well we don't know who did it and it's old news so let it go"
Someone disappeared 10 years ago and we only have a few clues so it's old news let it go.
If we as a people adopt that attitude then the truth would never come out, so no matter how long it takes we should never accept "oh well"
I for one appreciate your support in doing the unthinkable and that is finding out the truth regardless who is the culprit or how far it goes.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'll tell you where the evidence of where that money was spent. It was conveniently placed in the WOrld trade towers.
You realize with that amount of money, they coulda created a computer for each person in the us, and that computer could monitor everything you do. That would not even cost 1 trillion dollars.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

"You obviously don’t do any research. It’s no wonder you believe in conspiracies."
so... why are you one this site, then? You are obviously so far above the fray, you would never buy into these silly "conspiracy theories." You only come here to make fun of us geeks?

"There was an audit where the military couldn’t account for 2.3 trillion in spending."
...and that's a good thing why?

"The money was spent just not accounted for."
Right, I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the money was tossed in the trash or used to wipe butts. The problem isn't that the money was or was not used, it's that we have NO CLUE what it was used for. A moderate amount of "black budget" is to be expected, but when it's literally YEARS worth or funds that just got spent and not tracked, that's a problem. a BIG problem. How can the Pentagon, responsible for so much planning and operations, be using decades old systems, all incompatible with each other? they invented the internet, for god's sake!

"I don’t know over what period of time the audit was for."
So, you don't do your research, either?

"But clearly it was for more than 1 year."
Which agrees completely with what the OP said. Several YEARS worth of funding have been spent and no one seems to know or care on what.

"This is such old news."
So why did you click on the link, read the post AND take the time to post a (superfluous) reply? If you're over this, and you really don't care and think it's just some stupid conspiracy theory, the GO AWAY. your comments are not only detracting from a good conversation, they are FALSE and do nothing to offer a counter argument.

I think what's happened here is that you have read things online where people claim that this is the whole reason 9-11 happened. The OP in no way insists that 9-11 was staged to cover this up, he's saying that 9-11 happened and the rest of the news just got washed away. It could be coincidence, vaguely related, or directly related. You don't know the truth about 9-11, no one in the general public does. That's why so many conspiracy theories crop up around it. Sift through the bull, and you may find some thought provoking questions which are absolutely worth asking. The beauty of this site is that for every hair brained, cockamamie ET theory there's a well thought out, well informed and relevant thread like this.

edit on 14-4-2011 by RicoMarston because: droppin science

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Rumsfeld was tackled about this on video. He said something to the effect that it was not misappropriated, but that the breakdown of the money was not readily available. In other words he was on a paper chase. That video is on ATS somwhwere.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For Pete's sake, this has been done over more times than Mae West.

The total defence budget for fiscal year 2000 was $307.8 billion; so, if $2.3 trillion was missing you need to address that to previous administrations. Bush/Cheney only having been in office a few months.

Of course, the fact is that it was not missing at all. Rumsfeld was just moaning at archaic accounting practices in the Pentagon which had meant it couldn't be properly reconciled , (although it soon was ).

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Trying to find out the actual budget of a standard government organisation is not an easy process, when it comes to the military it gets even harder. Here is one investigation on it www.exopolitics.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
here

In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.

Why do we have to keep repeating this info? So people want soooo badly to have a conspiracy that they just refuse to look for the truth. It took about 5 seconds to Google the answer. It takes you longer to whine about 911 than it does to find the truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Whenever the debunkers set in on "chemtrails," they use this same standard, head-in-the-sand line. They tell us that the trails are where they're supposed to be, that planes leave trails, it's normal. Well, that doesn't change the fact that it's a huge source of pollution and scars the beautiful blue sky. Just because the money was spent, the systems were old and the whole thing can be chalked up to general incompetence doesn't mean we should be happy about it. If my wife told me that she spent more money than we make in a year, but didn't keep any receipts and doesn't remember what she bought, she wouldn't be my wife anymore. Even if there is no conspiracy here, it still stinks. Why are debunkers so quick to not only dismiss issues like this, but actually defend the scumbags at fault?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Perhaps they spent it on the D.U.M.B.S.

Base Tau?
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

If they have one (or very many) here, perhaps they have them all over the world.

Base Epsilon?
www.projectcamelot.org...
www.projectcamelot.org...

Perhaps that is where the money went.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Trying to find out the actual budget of a standard government organisation is not an easy process, when it comes to the military it gets even harder. Here is one investigation on it www.exopolitics.org...

exactly. but if you know that, then wouldn't members of the government know that too? could they not take advantage of a broken system to appropriate funds for things that otherwise wouldn't get the green light?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

here

In fiscal 1999, a defense audit found that about $2.3 trillion of balances, transactions and adjustments were inadequately documented. These "unsupported" transactions do not mean the department ultimately cannot account for them, she advised, but that tracking down needed documents would take a long time. Auditors, she said, might have to go to different computer systems, to different locations or access different databases to get information.

Why do we have to keep repeating this info? So people want soooo badly to have a conspiracy that they just refuse to look for the truth. It took about 5 seconds to Google the answer. It takes you longer to whine about 911 than it does to find the truth.

Why do you repeat the same info?

I guess I'm just curious about how the Pentagon accounting project office set specifically to determine the disposition of the $2.3 trillion coincidentally happened to be located at the the point of impact for some jet on 9/11.

But don't worry. It's just accounting errors.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

here

Why do you repeat the same info?

I guess I'm just curious about how the Pentagon accounting project office set specifically to determine the disposition of the $2.3 trillion coincidentally happened to be located at the the point of impact for some jet on 9/11.

But don't worry. It's just accounting errors.

Except that nothing like it was located at the point of impact. Please provide your evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

If a member of government tries to misappropriate funds they will get busted if they are working alone as there are checks and balances in the system. But if enough people who are in the right places are in on it then these checks and balances can be side stepped and misappropriation goes unchallenged. People who are unaware are told not to worry about it, if those people keep digging then there are stories of their life becoming more difficult. It is going to take a lot of people becoming aware to confront this corruption.
edit on 14-4-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'if'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join