It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverments are killing us, Why do we let them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hope this is in the right place sorry mods

I live in the uk and before i start i DONT VOTE, i did consider this last time and researched into who to vote for
then to my surprise the 'parties' in second and third won??? and are now in power

im not sure how the countries the great members here on ATS goverments work and how you vote

but having a choice of two or three PUPPETS to vote for, who'll blind us with promises and NEVER deliver on them, why do we all continue to vote? and WHY CANT WE STOP IT?

all the world goverments are run from behind the 'SHADY' curtain anyway
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-4-2011 by SpectrumSeven because: link prob

edit on 14-4-2011 by SpectrumSeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSeven

you my friend are in the unfortunate minority. these politicians put on a slick presentation and a nice chunk of the populace actually believes that they are who they say they are. The rest, in the middle, just want to go to work and come home and eat food and watch their media. It is a narrow band of society that has their B Crap detectors operational.
Unfortunately, the other two groups, the fooled and the spoiled, will never lift a finger to change anything because they think that A) everything's fine and nothing needs changing or B) sure, some things are bad, but me and mine are doing all right, so who cares? The rest of us are left to shout and scream and rant about how unfair society is these days.
I can't really speak to the UK, but I know America will never see revolution unless there's bloody streets and empty stomachs. Oh, and the tube gets turned off.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This is why I think the rest of the world needs to take a look at there lives and decide if taking the actions that Egypt did is the rght move or not. I mean honestly you are talking about governments that have been in power for centuries. America has been run by the current political system since we gained our independence in 1776. We have been under a two party system since the late 1800's. England has been under the same kind of rule since oh lord who knows ages ago at least the year 1000.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Oh, and the tube gets turned off.

its scary because its easy to see we are slaves to the media and GOVERMENTS make us feel we need them and lie so they can lie

it too obvious and its bad that hardly anyone sees through it

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by phantom

since we gained our independence in 1776

i live in scotland and my independence has been questional since 1300 and i've never been interested in 'their' policys cause they test 'their' gov actions on scotland first.

we even own and work the oil that they ship!!
edit on 14-4-2011 by SpectrumSeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

we even own and work the oil that they ship!!

well that's no surprise, the UK (and by extension US) has been selling other people's oil since the early 20th century.
The media, in America, has been the governments biggest cheerleader for at least a decade now. I was born in 86, and I seriously remember appreciating and respecting journalism from a very young age. It seemed like there was always somebody on t.v. willing to say what needed saying. These days? Infobabes struggle to get through the lines on their teleprompter without sounding like they think it's all a big joke. seriously, Fredericka Whitfield is the reason I can't stomach CNN anymore. She literally has to stifle laughter in the middle of reading headlines about death and destruction. It's bull.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

the worse part is the majority of the asleep, gullible, or stooopid not only are impossible to deal with on things that matter.

its like they have a mental firewall and antivirus that makes them attack us who have operable BS detectors.. they so often have the "shoot the messenger" syndrome. Rather than attack the true enemy they come after the ones trying to warn people and stop the madness..

we have to throw out the dead weight, as it is sinking the ship. lead, follow, or get out of the way. And if the sheeple are in the way, then they are TPTB's pawns and no less the enemy..
edit on 14-4-2011 by rebeldog because: typo's

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Having observed that we are in fact being manipulated by the PTB from cradle to grave, it seems so much of what people are about is such a hollow sham.I came to this conclusion early but have attempted to be part of my world till im played out with it.
I find that i have absolutely no interest in celebrating the hollidays or taking part in the herd like social phenoms that pass as entertaainment for the masses.
My interests run to scientific,esoteric, or practical occupations, that leave no time for the tele or other things such as sports or movies, the mall, etc.
What time is not spent at this is devoted to playing music or UFO spotting etc.
I have given up real hope of a solid revolution transpiring over a long period of observing the ways in which others avoid responsibility or dealing with anything unpleasant or dire.
It justdoes NOT seem like we will ever get enough people awake at the same time to pull a revolution off.
Without our own revolutionary 9/11, the thing which captures the minds of the populace all at once, and slaps them hard enough in the face with the reality of their slavery, and the disparity between the haves and have nots,
who do all the dirty work, and keep the whole of the world turning for these top 1 % of the people to live in opalescent splendor....sic
E Gad what a thing it would take to smack some sense into people......i have waited for it for near a life time now, andevery time i thought "this will do it"....."This will finally get em off the couch!"< it has fizzledout over time and dwindles from peoples memory so fast....
The London Bombings that were false flags, 9/11 itself , i thought would convince America that it had an enemy within.....
But sadly nothing yet...Now these African countries....hope springs eternal i guess....

top topics

join