It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric monsters return to modern times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I found this news article. Very interesting

english.pravda.ru...

It talks about Hairy elephants in Thailand, Giant snake in Arkansas, and
prehistoric fish, which became extinct millions of years ago .

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting. But a lot of these fish simply never went extinct. Any with polution these days don't be suprised by mutation. That snake is a bit unusual. But many of these creatures probably just lived in remote parts of the world. To be honest parts of Arkansas are very remote. Same with West Virginia and Western Pennyslavania. The internationally theres parts of Romania, Much of Africa, parts of South America, Antartica, certain islands such as easter island, then there was much of southeast asia. Supposedly an entire 10% of earth not including Antartica haven't really been explored.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
or maybe pravda is russians equivalent of the national inquirer in the us.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder how many animals that they say are extinct really are.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghunter
I wonder how many animals that they say are extinct really are.

or how many animals that they say are not, realy are.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Or for the ones that are extinct, the might not be for long.
Heres an article about saving extinct animals.

The DNA of rare and endangered species is to be preserved everything from mammals and birds to insects and reptiles � to ensure that the important genetic information contained within it is not lost should they become extinct in the future.

www.news-medical.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. It would be interesting to see endangered species cloned for good measure. First on our list should be the panda bears.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah Panda's is a good one to do. Then I would do Whales, before they are all killed off by pochers. And we end up like the Star Trek Movie, and our planet gets destroyed because aliens come and there is no whales left to sing their song back to.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah kind of like in that low-budget Star Trek rip off movie Titan A.E.. Its a really bad movie but they have samples of all the animals and then they clone them on their new planet. Also certain birds and possibly tigers are also high on my list.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Oh yeah kind of like in that low-budget Star Trek rip off movie Titan A.E.. Its a really bad movie but they have samples of all the animals and then they clone them on their new planet. Also certain birds and possibly tigers are also high on my list.

How is it a low budget star trek rip off? Its a fairly high budget cartoon about the earth getting destroyed and humans have to survive with no home planet. I thought this movie was great! Its done by Don Blueth studios (The guy that did Dragon's Lair and Space Ace back in the 80s, also Secret of Nhym!) So, if you like animated movies (its not TOO kiddie...) check this out, I really like it.

IMDB Page about Titan AE (check out the talent for voice actors!)
The ice-asteriod chase at the end is super cool looking!

new topics

top topics

join