It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help please on a tattoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
right i want a tattoo and i have an idea for a tattoo the only problem is trying to find it lol i no it sounds stupid but please help. right the tattoo i want is a ancient sumerian symbol proberly one like this

possably the 2end or 3erd one the only problem is i cant find a decent one so any help would be realy helpfull and i will post a pick if i find the right one thanks

( allso i dont want ppl that are just guna that the piss so dont bother posting if you are thats the type of tattoo i want its going on my skin not yours so thanks )

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Some suggestions.

VVV

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Getting stamps on your skin is a personal choice. If you like one of the symbols you linked to then go for it.

Just in case no one has been honest with you.. it hurts, especially the coloring and over bone. I've seen big burly bikers faint or cry, and I've seen little guys stoicly take it without a whimper.. comes down to your personal pain threshold.

And, they look excellent for a few years.. then the fine detail gets lost as the tattoo spreads and fades. Eventually.. 10, 15, or 20 years down the track your beautiful stamp looks like something on an old sailors arm... thick and ugly.

But don't let any of that stop you if you desire one.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

I think you should use the ideas, within the 5 that you showed, as the general basis of it, but draw it yourself. It would feel much more satisfying if you are the creator of the specific design. Also, if you draw it, you won't come across anyone else with an identical tat.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Lol thanks for been honest dude

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I was thinking about doodling abit but I'm not a very good drawer I will give it a go and take a pik of the finished one

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Just in case no one has been honest with you.. it hurts, especially the coloring and over bone. I've seen big burly bikers faint or cry, and I've seen little guys stoicly take it without a whimper.. comes down to your personal pain threshold.

That also depends on the area, where you are getting it. I only have 1. It is on the back of my calf muscle/lower leg. It didn't hurt at all, but I am sure some areas would be very painful.

Originally posted by Tayesin
And, they look excellent for a few years.. then the fine detail gets lost as the tattoo spreads and fades. Eventually.. 10, 15, or 20 years down the track your beautiful stamp looks like something on an old sailors arm... thick and ugly.
Depends partially on the quality of the ink. You can also get it redone at any time, gone over again, and it will look just like brand new.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Number 3 and 5 are way cool.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I would think that there might be a computer program that you could use to possibly design and create your own. I don't really know lol. I'm just spitting out ideas, but it might be something to think about, or maybe look into.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think tattoos based on the sigillisation techniques of Austin Osman Spare might be a good idea, and noone but you could ever fathom their true meaning.

Do a Google search if you don't know what I mean.

He was also a superb artist who may inspire you further with some of his drawings.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Being a professional tattoo artist myself for the last 12 yrs. my advice to you would be this. Do a little research on the tattoo studios in your area. Find one that has a strong reputation for doing quality work. Check with the local health dept. to be sure there have not been any negative reports to them concerning there health practices. Look at there licences & health dept. inspection reports. Once you are convinced you are dealing with a clean place. Then check the artists portfolios. The artists portfolio is a compilation of what he considers to be his best work. Look to see that his style is compatible with the tattoo you are wanting to get. Speak with the artist & explain what you are wanting to get. Show him any reference art work you have & have him sketch something out for you. (This is part of his job). You should feel comfortable with your artist, if not go some where else. A reputable shop & artist will me be more than happy to assist you thru the process. Most importantly make sure you are dealing with a reputable shop & artist.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I like the 4th.

Take a look at this pic

and the egyptian winged disc

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks for all the comments means a lot and thanks for the advice and piks im loving the last post pick of the Egypt winged disc do they mean the same you think?

top topics

join