It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Pole Shift? - Satellites Showing Radiation Damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Again, more information pointing to a Pole shift. does anyone have current information? This information corresponds nicely to my post on Birds acting strange in the last few months.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Current situation is that we are in the bigging of a switch or just a rather large fluxuation. The magnetosphere will have larger and longer lasting holes over the next 1000 years til it flips.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I thought latest studies showed that the current pole flip started in the
sixties??

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Our magnetic pole is not completely stationary. It "wanders" a bit every day. This article from CNN (though it is a bit old) indicates:

CNN

The erratic pole can jump around considerably each day, but migrates on average about 10 kilometers to 40 kilometers each year.

However, it does appear that it has begun to speed:

The magnetic pole, which has steadily drifted for decades, has picked up its pace in recent years and could exit Canadian territory as soon as 2004, said Larry Newitt of the Geological Survey of Canada.

But no one seems to completely understand our magentic poles, its cycles and the affects a change will have on the earth. In fact, NASA is about as vague on this as can be:

NASA - Dr. Magneto

This seems not to have had much effect in the past, so we probably don't really know what is going on during these field reversals.

more vagueness

Already, geophysicists have begun to notice a decline in the strength of the Earth's magnetic field, suggesting that the next field reversal epoch may be about to start. It may, however, take a long time to get here, and we don't really know if the decline is just a natural, ripple, or the portend of something far more sinister.

So either they don't really know or they're not telling. But I have a hard time believing anything that comes from Rense.com.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
sixties??

If a project takes 1000-5000 years to complete...and we are 45 years in...thats the begining.

Technically its a cycle...it never begins or ends...it only peaks after a lot of fluxuation.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
sixties??

If a project takes 1000-5000 years to complete...and we are 45 years in...thats the begining.

Technically its a cycle...it never begins or ends...it only peaks after a lot of fluxuation.

hmmm, I think there is more than one theory out there........

Magnetic Pole Flip over due

www.70south.com...

I also read that the sun might have a larger impact on the pole
reversals than previously thought somewhere.

[edit on 7/26/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hmmm So the sun is more active than at any time in recent hstory
space.com...
www.space.com...
www.space.com...
www.space.com...
Geophyscist seem to agree that we are either overdue or in the beginning of a magnetic pole reversal
www.space.com...
www.space.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.newscientist.com...
www.70south.com...
All in all it would seem to me that perhaps we are the victims of the ancient chinese curse
"may you live in interesting times"

new topics

top topics

join