It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Immigration Dividing The UK says Cameron

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rich76

Immigration, not emigration.

I see the UK educational system has failed you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

you just don't get it do you, it is not messing up the brits, it is messing up the country, that includes all immigrants that are here now! it is messing them up to they are in the same situation. will there be jobs for their kids or housing when they leave school? no, nor will there be for mine if it carry's on.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Wow, another person who can't spell.

I guess that stereotype about Stupid Americans can be laid to waste now that our Brit counterparts are no better off.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Trying to explain "limits" to Brits is futile when you realize just how powerful that empire was.

i was not alive when that empire ruled the world, what it has to do with anything is puzzling. it would be like saying it is ok to destroy italy and germany through immigration, because of the roman empire and because hitler took over much of europe. stop living in the past and start living in the present.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

You don't get it either.

You're buying into this distraction.

In the U.S, such rhetoric is used whenever the rich wish to distract the general public from real pressing issues.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by rich76

en.wikipedia.org...

they were quite clearly saying emigration has also gone up, what failed who?
edit on 15-4-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

lol, let me ask where do you live? i bet you don't even live here, if you did you would quite clearly see it is an issue.
there is only so much immigration any country can take. it's that simple.

housing already IS an issue.

unemployment already IS an issue.

divided communities already IS an issue.

it is all leading to disaster if immigration keeps on at the current rate.

the people living here should have more of an idea of how it has effected things, they live it day by day.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by rich76

It hasn't failed me, you misread or misunderstood, perhaps you should put something constructive in this thread.

Oh and for your information I am studying a Honours Degree in Physics, so it seems the UK education system is working well, thank you very much. It is the immigration (did I get it right?) and border control systems that are failing.

Right, off to do some Quantum Mechanics, can you help me with this Sword?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
From what I see and read on the news a large percentage of Brits are quite simply xenophobic , they want to keep britain to themselves. The British isles isnt just England by the way , immigration is not restricted to England alone , Scotland and northern Ireland and Wales all have their influx of immigrants seeking to find employment and safety within the UK.
Maybe they come here to take advantage of our health care system or benefits , probably because our country is generous and offers humanitarian aspects where others dont.
Are you really saying that as a human being you wouldnt offer free health care to others who need it , or benefits to those that have nothing in the first place? Maybe the come to the UK because we have a nice country and are nice people and have a good system.

How does immigration effect you directly ? is it because when you goto the shops there are a larger proportion of people who are not from your local area who dont speak the same native tongue as you ?
Living in a city a metropolitan area is the exact same thing , now its happening to smaller towns and villages and its ruining your idealistic beautiful English perception of days gone by .
The world is changing , you should with it , or be regarded as an old hack who is so set in their ways they should be put on a shelf to complain until they die.
the planet isnt getting any smaller , there are just more of us human beings , who are all the same human race.
I suggest you let your xenophobia die off with your attitudes towards human beings who seek refuge in our country.
Jump on the immigration / xenophobia hate band wagon , dont address the real issues effecting the UK

yes thats right its our rotten government , trying to exploit us , with hidden taxes , fines and revenues , job cuts and budget cuts , because of imperialistic war support and corporate whore bank fraudsters ass raping our economy and you

so just bend over and take some more , when you spout the hate , and propaganda that you have had shoveled into your tiny mind !

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Welcome to are world ,Mr,Cameron, the USA has 20 time's the immagration, and mostly illegal, and are govenment does nothing!at least you talk about it, but how are you going to put a stop to it?
edit on 15-4-2011 by ibegood2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
You know if there wasn't such a stupidly gullible and archiac welfare system in the UK there wouldn't be this immigration problem.
Anyone who can live overseas in cheap country's with a country's visa law's and self-fund themselves wouldn't cause half the problem's that welfare immigrants cause.
Only in Britain and a select-few European country's has this problem of constant 3rd-worlder's flooding the place to rape the benefit's system.
Try doing that s%%t in Africa or Asia and see how far it get's you...
Africa for the African's
Asia for the Asian's

Europe for EVERYONE!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don't even notice it.
Sakyong Mipham

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks to the person who put in the link regarding Vodaphone as I am going out to replace my mobile and was going to Vodaphone. I won't support that fiddling which is part of the reason the people here have no respect for our politicians especially on governing this country. (We also now know Libya is purely so Cameron can help the Bankers target and destroy countries that won't use the US $ for trade etc. Its Yemen soon folk another deemed rude by the bankers who appear to control our army and our soldiers to fight their wars whilst sitting safely on their fat ars-s at their safe little desks. Our defense is boycott to hit their profits.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Here we go again - blame the immigrants, the unions - anyone and anything but the corrupt system that just does not work.

I really hope people are catching on to how they're being manipulated.

You have to agree though that Mass Immigration hasn't really worked either.... there are some Towns/Cities here that look very 'out of place' in England.... sort of like small patches of Kazakstan plotted around the Country.... and then you travel 25 mins down the road and you are back in England lol.

It's a very strange/surreal Environment and this is where it's gone wrong.... in those small Kazakstan Cities, there are no English owned shops (I say English owned.... not White owned).... lets not forget that this is about the Language as much as anything else and whether we fit into the Society we live anymore????

Even if you don't or can't get to one of those Cities to actually see it with your own eyes, you can see it on the News when there is a report from that area....

Anyway, i just think it's gone overboard.... the Country is full to the brim!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Sounds like blatant electioneering by Cameron,however,will give him the benefit of the doubt until either he takes a proactive stance on this issue or does his usual backtracking .I recall that he promised that the NHS would be "ring fenced "if his party came to power and yet now they are faced with an 8% reduction in budget and the paying off of up to 50,000 nurses(unless of course these are the immigrants that he's refering to!).

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The only way we will know when the country is full to the brimm is when we cant actuallys support the populations demand for water , and food . When that starts to show then we can talk about immigration causing a problem !
Maybe if the government provided an annual immigration cap , only allowing X amount of immigrants in each year , to balance the death rate of the Uk with the birth rate.

otherwise we will have to take such measures as china with their 1 child per family draconian law
although that may actually be such a bad thing for benefits claims.

You also need to look at the number of UK born families not immigrants who "baby it up " to reap the benefits of others hard work. How many documentaries have we see on tv of middle class UK the single mother with 8 kids to different fathers , whilst she has no job and no prospect of a future .

There are those in society who seek to reap the benefits from others because the system has no safegaurds in place to stop the abuse of such system.
Its a thin line as the more liberal of the government will claim an abuse of human rights

its far more tricky and complex than just IMMIGRATION as the be all end all of the UK's current problems.
Our so called laws ( acts and statutes) are one such reason we have so many problems.

For instance the criminal ACT of possession of a drug , people sent to prison as a criminal , where using a drug should be a social health issue solved out of court by health advisors not a judge , thus releasing pressure on the judical system and the tax burden on housing minor offences

but thats just the tip of the iceberg or the top of the rabbit hole , it gets deeper by the mile , and colder by the fathom, and in my 28 years of life I have yet to see a UK government tackle any of these issues responsibly
each year building on the previous years failures and debts

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Water levels are at an all time low,(nothing to do with immigration levels at all but a fact none the less) and we import more food than we ever have done.
The UK is not self-sufficient and could not feed it's own population, (certainly not under EU farming etc regulations!).

You seem intent on apportioning blame or propossing sanctions on every section of British society EXCEPT immigrants.
Why?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I wouldnt say blame and portion of society , I would say fix the problems , the blame game is for children , we are all adults , pointing fingers is not what Im trying to do , Im trying to highlight the areas which can help relieve the stress on the UK
Immigration can be a problem , as I mentioned in my last post , but immigration and the mixing of cultures is what keeps culture alive , if we became isolationist our cultures and society would stagnate.
the world changes to we must change with it , not make one set of rules and stick to them until the death.

In my last post I proposed that we put a yearly cap on immigration to balance with the level of emmigration and death birth rates. Im not clear on the policy at the moment but isnt this something common sense would dictate our government actually do.

Our government welcomes immigration because we want smart people in good jobs the graduates who bolster our economy , and those people do come to the uk , but with them come the working classes the poor and the refugees , who shouldnt be turned away simply because we want to keep our country tidy and free from foreigners , to keep it British .We need those people to do the jobs , that the lazy middle class brits wont or refuse to do , because they would rather wait it out on benefits .
The british empire died its death slowly , but the british values going back to those days still exist in the minds of good upstanding britons across the land . They arent willing to accept change , and will fight it tooth and nail.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Are you talking about water levels for the whole UK or just England , because last time I checked Scotland was doing ok for water !
it hasnt stopped raining since the snow fell , our average rainfall is ridiculous

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
multiculturalism didnt work in Australia, look at the background and the reasons behind the Cronulla Riots, the packs of Greeks and Italians in Melbourne or the Vietnamese in Cabrammatta.
Here in the UK it will get worse unless there is some kinda of control, theres a lot of resentment where i live in sunny Devon with the Polish taking jobs but fares fare when alot of UK people dont want to work and the Polish are hard grafters.

Saying that i went for a cracking curry at the Gurkka in barnstaple, best curry ive had yay
edit on 15-4-2011 by chrismartin37 because: spellinh mistake

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join