It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are People Talking About in Your Area?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Tonight I was at a local hang out spot where they play live music. Anyway, I was overhearing some of the chatter, and lot of people seem to be thinking about the same thing.

Seems like everyone is talking about this feeling.

Here is a quote I wrote in my journal when I heard it being said tonight.

He said, "feels like the beginning of a new....something."

I agree with that.

I have also heard other chatter over the past couple weeks.

People are really starting to feel it.

What are people talking about in your area?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

we are talking about presidential events here (in France)

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: missed note

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I live in the country with a bunch of rednecks , and the only thing they talk about is tractors and deer hunting. If it wasn't for ATS, I would go slap crazy .

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

i stay out in the sticks too, in my country we are classed as red necks we feel the ww3 is on its way and usa is controlling the weather

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectrumSeven

i stay out in the sticks too, in my country we are classed as red necks we feel the ww3 is on its way and usa is controlling the weather
I moved out of the city into the country I'm not a redneck, it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I miss my friends and good conversation .

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

i miss it i worked in citys but now im rural with a shed and garden and bloody summer parties an stuff ......i do miss a good religious debate. ive took it apon myself to show all my new friends the zeitgeist movie....s spin its great

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I live in the country and my friend owns a gunshop. Everytime I go down there, the talk is about Obama, the earthquakes, and the comets. Everyone feels like we are on the edge of something happening, some kind of SHTF scenario, but nobody knows what it will be. And these are people from all walks of life and all ages, mostly older though.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Funny, I left the city for the sticks. The best thing Id ever done. I couldnt stand all the whining about the same non-issues all day and night from the same hipster idiots and wannabee ivy league elitists compounded with the crime and endless regulations and fees and licensing and taxes. It's like I was being charged extra to do less and put up with more bull#.

All we're talking about here is spring turkey season and taxes.

My only regret is that I didnt move far enough into the country. When I first got here the town seemed so small and empty. Now that Ive been here a while I can see all the yuppie trash that's choking it and the noise of the vacationing morons is driving me nuts. Time to move further into the middle of nowhere. I want a big empty nothing where I can go weeks without seeing or hearing another human being or machine. Maybe even months. That'd be nice.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well here in GA, it's nothing but talks of the strange weather lately

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Well here in GA, it's nothing but talks of the strange weather lately

we think its haarp and theres a weather war going on behind goverments

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSeven

Or just strange weather? I hate the talk of HAARP as a weapon, there's just not enough facts to back it up.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSevenIf I was to voice my opinion on any religious topic that wasn't southern baptist, every preacher in town would be banging on my front door telling me I'm going straight to hell if I don't believe the way they do. Don't take this the wrong way , I am a Christian , but I do tend to question things.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

its not that strict here but its so small here everyone knows your business, and too much 'ramblings' would make me look like a crazy person

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

the mass talk is haarp but yeah not enough evidence. im more swayed to a 'change' happening. not the end of days but to that effect

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere Don't get me wrong , it 's very quiet and peaceful out here , but there nothing to do or talk about around here, It's quite boring out here.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I guess it's all about what you like to do. For me there wasnt anything to do in the city except spend money and self medicate.

I couldnt shoot, fish, hunt, mountain bike, snowmobile, hike, camp, etc... without traveling several hours out of the city.

Here I can do all that in my back yard.

Different folks want different things.

What made you move if not for the rural life? Cant imagine you'd move rural for the jobs.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSeven

I agree with the change, for better or worse, something is bound to happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere The reason I moved was because my neighborhood became gang infested , and my mother was very sick, she was scared because of all the drive-by shootings and break-in's

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Out of control US govt spending and general contempt for the govt officials. The Japan quake probably a close 2nd. Nobody talking about 2012 or tripping out about a new golden age.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Investing in silver.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join