It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, could this happen for real??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just watched the awesome trailer for the new planet of the apes film coming out in August. It takes a different line to previous films in that the apes become human like in their intelligence through experiments carried out on the apes by man. It got me wondering could this in fact be done one day could scientists improve brain function in other animals as well, not just apes. Imagine a tiger with the brain capacity of a human, or maybe an elephant or dolphin. I would not be surprised that in the not too distant future that this could and will be done. What the consequences would be of having animals with heightened intelligence would remain to be seen. Once an animal became as intelligent as a human would it then have rights or even a soul. Enjoy the trailer.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I would think over 000s of years most animals would develope inteligence just as humans did threw our own evolution

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Honestly, I believe it's already been done - Just look at some of our world leaders!

Ok, all kidding aside, I do believe this is already taking place in a lab near you - we'll just not hear about it for a long long time.

Until then?

POTA movies scared the weedles out of me when I was a kid. Really. And if those scientists who are trying to do the same thing now don't watch out? We're gonna be in trouble. Big trouble.

peace

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sadly, it happens right now among us.

They just yell 'HAARP HAARP OMG HAARP"

and you can spot them...

"Take you stinking beams off me, you damn HAARP!"

they then run around in circles on the internet posting youtube videos and 2 year old info on conspiracy sites, because e-peen for these guys is mad groovy!

Isn't it so , Doctor Zaius?

Oo

edit on 14/4/2011 by badw0lf because: HAARP YOU CAD!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It probably has happened many times before, nothing new under the sun. Could be a hint to earths history! we shall see!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Looks like it's going to be an awesome movie , I can't wait to see it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's happening right now!!!

On a more serious note...If anyone should fear someone, it should be Gorrilas fearing humans since they're more decent than us " superior humans ". Gorillas even manage to not kill each other, or other species, something we quite can't get the hang of.
edit on 14-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Depends on one's definition of intelligence.

Maybe animals are already more intelligent than man.

Most peoples dependence on 'tools', gadgets, ain't that smart.

How many here can make their clothes from some sheep's wool, or some tuft's of cotton?
Make iron from ore? Know what ore to use?
Make a basket or bowl to carry something?
Make bread from a handful of seeds?

A massive CME from the sun that wiped out every electrical device and billions would die from their sheer ignorance.

The monkeys will be laughing at us on the ground eating poisonous fruit,
because we don't even know what raw food is safe to eat.

Just a thought to consider....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I would imagine if we were able to develop super intelligent apes their first assignment would be on the front line as soldiers that could be expendable.Oh and you would only have to pay them peanuts, as we know if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
edit on 14-4-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Michael Jackson's monkey "Bubbles" was intelligent , he taught Michael how to moon walk

edit on 14-4-2011 by bdb818888 because: misspelled

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

But now Bubbles is a hollow shell of a monkey for it.
He just feels used and dirty

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Bubbles actually managed Michael's business for many years even penning a few of the songs. Unfortunately he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar syphoning hundreds of thousands of dollars and investing it in banana plantations. He was found out and thrown into monkey jail where he reside to this day. Very sad. Irony is that the banana plantation business has done very well and the shares made more money than the songs.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Bubbles actually managed Michael's business for many years even penning a few of the songs. Unfortunately he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar syphoning hundreds of thousands of dollars and investing it in banana plantations. He was found out and thrown into monkey jail where he reside to this day. Very sad. Irony is that the banana plantation business has done very well and the shares made more money than the songs.
Do you think the jailers spanked the monkeys when they got out of line

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Video doesn't work anymore. I was reading yahoo and they said the movie surpassed all it's competition. I think the reason they surpassed it,

$54 Mil Opening

movies.yahoo.com...

I think it's because:

A) Back then, it was a very popular movie that had it's own series. Just like V. [Hate that discontinued that show. That was totally rocked and was new and suspenseful]

B) This genres is more to the older crowd fans and not the younger ones. Ones who watched the original episode series and the 1968 movie.

C) Back then that was awesome movie for it's time.

D) It's different but, I think that other movie that's coming out "The Darkest Hour" which also looks awesome. about the aliens sucking up people into thin air, is a little more interesting probably not as much actionable. But, interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

E) Some just wish the "Planet of Apes" was true and real.
It was the greatest sci-fi movie and TV back in it's days. Besides, Dr. Who and Star Trek.

F) Now that's it's in great HD, it will be 100x better to watch the movie. Especially to the fans of the show and movie.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DInglis
I would think over 000s of years most animals would develope inteligence just as humans did threw our own evolution

thats if the THEORY of evolution were true

i doubt it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't see it happening.

What is the benefit of developing non-human primates with human intelligence? Obviously they would be granted the same rights as humans anywhere in the world (NHPs may already be better protected by legislation than humans) so they are not an alternative to cheap human labor. And I don't think most people would appreciate the scientific novelty of such an endeavor.

Can NHPs evolve high intelligence of their own? This could likely be associated with attacks on humans who either house lab animals or coexist with wild apes in an attempt to secure their freedom or territory, respectively. These highly-developed animals would likely then be eliminated from the gene pool. In the wild, apes are not successful enough to allow the selection of traits conferring high intelligence, as this would likely be associated with an expansion of their range out of the Congo jungles, for example.

I'm still going to see the movie

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Just watched the awesome trailer for the new planet of the apes film coming out in August. It takes a different line to previous films in that the apes become human like in their intelligence through experiments carried out on the apes by man. It got me wondering could this in fact be done one day could scientists improve brain function in other animals as well, not just apes. Imagine a tiger with the brain capacity of a human, or maybe an elephant or dolphin. I would not be surprised that in the not too distant future that this could and will be done. What the consequences would be of having animals with heightened intelligence would remain to be seen. Once an animal became as intelligent as a human would it then have rights or even a soul. Enjoy the trailer.

For starters your giving way too much credit to humans. Human intelligence is meaningless really as most humans aren't all that intelligent to start off with. As for "the planet of the apes", highly improbable as there are simply too few apes compared to humans(6 billion humans vs several thousand human intelligence apes?). Also even if through genetic engineering tigers were made to be as intelligent or more intelligent then people it just wouldn't matter. Humans are one of the few species that can rapidly adapt to radical changes in the environment. All we would have to do is destroy their eco-system and they would go extinct.

The most that would happen is that we would create a kind of hell for whatever sentient being was manipulated into existence.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

there is always the humanzee.

en.wikipedia.org...

oliver the humanzee on youtube.
www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I saw the movie, all it did was make me compare the apes to stupid people (meaning that one day stupid people will rise up and become intelligent, right?)

and I think zombies are more possible then apes becoming super intelligent, wait...no. it's happened once, it could happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I thought it had a lot to do with evolution. As if they were trying to say, this was how we became. Anyone notice that the name of the drug...GEN SYS; which was supposed to be a cure for alheimer's? Watching that movie made me feel like they were pushing an agenda.

Another thing that caught my attention was the number 1228, on one of the officers helmets. It appeared 2 or 3 times. Check it out during the battle on the bridge. It was one of the helmets the ape was beating together. I'm assuming there were lots of hidden messages in that movie.

Is there anything significant taking place on Dec. 28, 2012?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join