It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I learned how to Love my enemies, I wish you could feel the same way.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I do not and can not love my enemies.
Nor do I particularly think it's a good idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I may forgive my enemies if they earnestly attempted to turn around fom their wicked ways.
But, I will not love them, in fact, I will strive to destroy all their works and if possible kill them and their offspring, so they never produce again. My end game is the extinction of my enemy at all cost by my will being set against them.

My enemy is the global Elite, and I will never stop the "Game" for the philosophy of love.

Loving my enemy is (in my own opinion) akin to a the following dialogue between a hungry lion and a captured gazelle.

Lion: :drool: At last I have you, now I am going to enjoy your supple flesh and take my time doing so!

Gazelle: Ahh yes, my dear lion you do indeed have me,...hehe. May I suggest you start this evenings consumption with my lower extremities so that I, your humble victim may witness your enjoyment as you devour me? Also I think you will find my lower intestines especially delightful. You see I have been eating the fiber rich grasses by the swamp and as such I think you will find it most enjoyable. :SMILES: :SPARKLY EYES:

Lion: Der............Huh??...........................Whatever you little F*****ker shut up so I can taste you blood!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Thill

Those who are asleep always invoke what if scenarios often involving violence. Those who are awake do not concern themselves with what ifs. There is only the now.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Buddha1098 because: Typo

This is weird since I consider myself pretty awake for the past few years , but since you know how to quote mysterious lines I guess You know better , so let me just help You out with my line of reasoning.

The OP stated he learned how to Love his enemies , so unless he means his chess club enemies , this means people that will want to kill and probably humiliate (human nature can be a ****) him and his family , and unless such a situation happens , he has no idea how he will react to the situation thus has no idea what he is talking about.

See that is my line of reasoning , even thou I consider myself on the path of enlightenment , I like to keep logic as one of my traits because I consider it a valid attribute to reaching inner peace and enlightenment.

Since I am not the enlightened Buddha yet please feel free to point out any mistakes in my reasoning , so that I might look into them and see if they need correcting.
edit on 15/4/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

First off.. there is no path to enlightenment. As soon as you start looking for enlightenment you've lost it.

Secondly, Why concern yourself with a violent fantasy regarding someone's family that is extremely unlikely to happen? An enlightened perspective realizes that the past and future do not exist. Why concern yourself with a scenario that has not happened yet? Will the op be enlightened in the face of adversity? Maybe.

Lastly, I do not know anyone who would want to kill me or humiliate me, what have you done in your life to make enemies like that?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

If you make more than 10$ a day you are part of the global elite. It's all about perspective...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I know for CERTAIN, that when I think about those people who have abused, tortured, innocent animals and children, the defenseless and innocent, either for greed for profits, sheer psychopathy, or sheer (lazy) stupidity, I fantasy about them being bound with duct tape, while I proceed to break every bone in their body, with a large steel mallot. My favorite scene in 'The Sopranos', was when Tony Soprano beat the litteral living crap out of this guy who burned up a horse that Ton got attached to. I respect the Bible and think Jesus is Devine, but I will never ever ever never and ever never, "love" and forgive psychopaths who are non repentent.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

I don't make more than $10 a day.
So i guess I have a big job ahead of me.
I also don't know too many people making 10 bucks a day and up that have the ability to provide themselves some pseudo "godhood" by means of planetary domination. Though I do know many people who want to be gods.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh by the way, I want to let the op know I do realize where he or she is coming from with this thread and I admire that I really do.
I have had some pretty crappy experiences in my life that have of course like most people lead me to the mentality I am at now. I have seen combat, and I have seen murder first hand. In the midst of all those things and the days and years that followed I would think back to those times and see the faces of the people doing the things they did and wonder if Ii had in me the capacity to honestly care for or even love them.

I still think about that to this day, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I could forgive them if they were sincere in their sorrow. But I also have a child and if the victims in my past experiences were replaced with my daughter,...well you know? I just don't know what to say. I will admit that perhaps I am not yet enlightened enough to fully do the "hard thing". Love my enemy....very hard indeed.

In the end there is one clear fact, and that is that my standards as hypocritical s they may be are FAR higher than Gods. That's not a good thing I admit.
edit on 15-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I would like to be God for a day. Boyyyyy would I ever set things RIGHT. (NOT political right, In every respect, necessarily,....)
I think (most) everyone would like it.
edit on 15-4-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
One liner coming at you......

Why is this in skunkworks? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

First off.. there is no path to enlightenment. As soon as you start looking for enlightenment you've lost it.

Secondly, Why concern yourself with a violent fantasy regarding someone's family that is extremely unlikely to happen? An enlightened perspective realizes that the past and future do not exist. Why concern yourself with a scenario that has not happened yet? Will the op be enlightened in the face of adversity? Maybe.

Lastly, I do not know anyone who would want to kill me or humiliate me, what have you done in your life to make enemies like that?

First of... there are a multitude of paths of enlightenment, that guide a multitude of seekers on their journey , if you failed to grasp that concept then please lets agree to disagree on this part because I do not want to lecture You on this topic.

Secondly , You seem to fail to grasp the concept of my post , in which I am not concerning myself with a violent fantasy regarding someones future situation , but am describing what a true "enemy" is. In human terms a true enemy is a person that is willing to kill you and your family upon meeting them in any situation , and just because humans are veil beasts when it comes to aggression , a lot of those individuals will take pleasure out of what they are doing and will "play" with their prey . If you do not grasp the concept of what I am talking about go watch a few videos of the atrocious things that have been performed during wars. That is a true enemy, any other people are just an annoyance and the OP might even "Love them".

Third.. Where in any of my posts did I say I made such enemies
. I would say I am pretty sure I have no enemies at all , or at least I have not met them until now. I know a few people that are annoyed by me (and vice-versa) , but even they tend to be ok with my presence , because I tend to help resolve conflicts when I see them not fire them up, that is just my nature. So please next time before You make a personal comment , at least know what You are talking about.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

As you had mentioned you were in combat and seen the horrors of brothers killing brothers, you can only take consolation that you had only reacted in the combat field, as expected of you. Either you kill or be killed.

War should only be the VERY LAST option when all means to bring peace fails. When war is necessitated, then each valiant soldier on both sides must do what they had been ordered to do - to protect their families and nation, right or wrong.

There is no room for hesitation in wars. Thus the need for war must be reserved for the very last resort and never for lies. When lies are discovered, then may those responsible, as well as those whom kill even unarmed combatants be brought to justice.

As for the common soldier, seek for redemption, for a precious life had been taken in your hands, and never again, under any circumstances unless one's life or loved ones are direly threatened, to use such max force on another human.

We humans may not be judges, but EVERYONE seeks for peace, justice, equality, prosperity, freedom and progress for ourselves and our loved ones, despite many differences each has. Should any ot that be denied, and lives be snuffed out by those whom are ARMED and READY to kill or had Killed during peace time or war, then we have to be a judge forced upon by circumstances inorder to save lives, or we will only be wiped out as a race by beasts.

Thus for simplicity and greater clarity sake to others discussing on this thread, it is vital and critical to distingush whom are your real enemies. Those that are unarmed but use only words are not your enemies. Words do not kill. You too can equally use words against them with better intelligence, and most important of all - truth, facts, logic and reason to win them over.

Your real enemies that you cannot love are those whom are armed and ready to kill, be it wild beasts or man turned beasts that knows nor want to know no logic or love.

edit on 15-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks for understanding it is very honorable of you and I appreciate it and privileged to be noted by someone of such discernment.

Unfortunately though,....there is a difference in what I am saying where combat is occurring and criminal activity where no fighting was occurring but rather simply evil. When I said I saw combat that is true insomuch that I was witness to violence and also took part in it. But also when no fighting was occurring and vengeance was in the mind of the people you work with so painful deaths would be dealt out.

When you stand by and watch someone die slowly in a bad way as people make light of a persons suffering ans as they inflict pain on someone, you will find that the reason you probably can't love your enemy is because you are the enemy since you chose to do nothing.

Anyway thats all I have to say about that. But I appreciate your understanding thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First of... there are a multitude of paths of enlightenment, that guide a multitude of seekers on their journey , if you failed to grasp that concept then please lets agree to disagree on this part because I do not want to lecture You on this topic.
-I'd love to hear your views on enlightenment. I grasp that people believe there are multiple paths to enlightenment. In my opinion, and the opinion of others, they are wrong.

Secondly , You seem to fail to grasp the concept of my post , in which I am not concerning myself with a violent fantasy regarding someones future situation , but am describing what a true "enemy" is. In human terms a true enemy is a person that is willing to kill you and your family upon meeting them in any situation , and just because humans are veil beasts when it comes to aggression , a lot of those individuals will take pleasure out of what they are doing and will "play" with their prey . If you do not grasp the concept of what I am talking about go watch a few videos of the atrocious things that have been performed during wars. That is a true enemy, any other people are just an annoyance and the OP might even "Love them".
-You didn't say, "do you love people who would want to kill or maim you?" you said "Lets see how you love someone when they kill or maim your family" do you see the major distinction between what you said in your original reply and what you are saying now?

Third.. Where in any of my posts did I say I made such enemies
. I would say I am pretty sure I have no enemies at all , or at least I have not met them until now. I know a few people that are annoyed by me (and vice-versa) , but even they tend to be ok with my presence , because I tend to help resolve conflicts when I see them not fire them up, that is just my nature. So please next time before You make a personal comment , at least know what You are talking about.
-If someone said to me they loved their enemies, I wouldn't question them and present them with a violent scenario. The fact that you did made me think that you were someone who had dealt with a lot of violence. I wasn't making a personal comment I was asking a question.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Know yourself in everything around you, and Know everything around you in yourself. It will come.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The insignificant and nobody me understand what you mean.

We humans all face moral dilemmas in life frequently, more so when we see those whom we cared about having their lives snuff out. The only thought is vengence. Lashing out at every direction, and at times unfortunately even on those whom were not responsible.

We humans are flawed beings, never perfect. We make mistakes everyday, and would have to often reflect on what we had done, based upon our civilised upbringings, for none of us were born out of a rock, but taught from cradle to grave the experiences from our ancestors and forebears, on what is right and wrong.

No human, despite our differences, would consider the hurting and harming of innocents right. In that flawed moment of human emotion,.We make mistakes. We must realize it, and make atonement for it, or it will only haunt us for life.

Let the one whom is perfect and without flaw cast that first stone when we whom had flawed, with humbleness seek for justice and forgiveness, not to escape but to accept the wrong we did when we realize it, and vowed never to do it again, espacially in our moment of anger to lash out at innocents.

And with that vow alone lays the path to redemption, to evolve and progress, even if retribution is necessary, for we know where we went wrong and is only right we accept that cost to redemption and be set free....

edit on 15-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

A long and arduous road no doubt, Moreover one that I may never see the end of even in my own death.
But your definitely speaking the truth that's for sure, and your words can be taken to heart. The task of loving your enemies I guess begins with loving yourself. i know that sounds pretentious , but if you can forgive yourself, the one person responsible for more wrongs n your life than anyone else; then I suppose you can learn to forgive others for their wrongs as well. Maybe even have some compassion for them in realization of their flaws as you realize your own.

A long road man...A really long road.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Doomsday 2029, I've thought long and hard about your request that I love your enemies, but I'm afraid I don't know them all that well.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I love my enemies, BUT just dont touch my love ones because even God can feel my wrath.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
fantastic. Way to go. Join the group. I started that point of view about 5 years ago and I look at the world differently.

This is the next level.

When you look at the world in duality, you are missing the whole picture.
The duality is temporary and is there for you to learn something. Good and Evil are just points of view. They are as real as you make them.

If you trip and fall down on the cement sidewalk when you are 3, because your nose gets bloodied, is the cement sidewalk your enemy from that point on?
or
was it there for you to learn a lesson - when you run, better be careful and watch your step. From that point on your perspective changes.

The same goes for anything in the world that you see as evil.

When you stop judgment on your self and the world - you will reach the truth.
edit on 2011-4-15 by true-life because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

TRUTH... nothing more... nothing less.

<< 1   >>

join