It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit SWAT with tank raids mother because she protected her child from harmful medication

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
A tank was used and such, wow that's very extreme over that kind of situation. Surely not the way to go about a situation like that. Clearly her daughter has a reaction to the medication. The family should have a big apology and the mom should not be in jail as her daughter needs her. After this she'll hopefully consider home school, I believe it's a better choice. Esp., after this incident as an example what happens when you don't comply.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Same here. My son has asperger's and I home school him. I have refused to medicate him due to the fact he is a happy, charismatic boy. I would hate to take away those wonderful personality traits that he has. He can't focus and gets agitated in regular school. He has been doing wonderfully at home. But I would do the same thing this woman did to protect my son. Except maybe NOT firing off a gun...

I can't believe they charged her with so many things. What a freaking waste time and dollars.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh wow. Police state of the highest order. WTF is wrong with people?

Child protective services may do some good, but in my experience and knowledge, they do way more harm than good. They have way to much power with no one to answer to but themselves. If they say you are unfit to parent your child, then you must be.

In the immortal words of George Carlin: "It's all bull# folks, and it's bad for ya."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
;D
uaahaaaaa
land of the free.
This is Soviet United States of America - SUSA

This is so funny when governments start to abuse their citizens. This has happened in the past is happening now and it seems to me, will continue like this.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
reply to post by LargeFries

no, young children do not need drugs when they suffer from mental health problems. i have an autistic cousin who has never had anything and he is on his way to Oxford university in September.

I would suggest you watch Louis Theroux's documentary on drugged up america as the rest of the world thinks this is crazy and the usa is not the only country where people have mental problems plus i dont think the poor unsuitable parents will bother to spend their cash on pescription drugs when they could buy beer instead.

lewman thank you for your reply. best wishes to your cousin at Oxford, that is outstanding news. I am going to see if I can find the Theroux documentary you recommend, and give it a watch or two. Hopefully I'll find it via google or the IMDB.
I have to agree with your observation that their is no shortage of parents who would prioritize their passion for alcohol over their childs need for medication. It is sad how many adults with children still need adult supervision themselves!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As a people, we have allowed the State to dictate everything to us. This is what they want, to control everything centrally and seize our children when we don't kow tow to their insane policies and horrid drugs and so on. Once the child is 18 the parent will have zero say in anything. HIPAA laws prevent a parent from having any say, even if that person is bakeracted and cannot act on his/her own cognition. It is ostensibly to keep the kids safe from evil parents. But here is the diabolical part, it is designed to give control to the State and usurp parental authority. I am 100 % certain that this is the kind of control Obama wanted when he said at the Saddleback forum that parents abusing their kids was one of the worst things that needed fixing. Since he also believes that it is the responsibility of the State to dictate when the child should learn about sex, ie they should bring sex ed to kindergarteners, that is an indication of the level to which Obama and his buddies believe the State should trump parental authority. Of course there are incidences where a child's life well being is at stake, but the State is assuming that all these drugs are best for the child, and also this transfers authority from the parents to even the medical establishment. And then there is the case of the school which does not allow kids to bring their own lunches. It is all in the same vein of things. Perhaps its just in the interest of not being liable in case some kid brings peanut butter and shares it with the kid who's allergic. Or is that all just the sick reasoning they use to implement more and more State control?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Oh wow. Police state of the highest order. WTF is wrong with people?

Child protective services may do some good, but in my experience and knowledge, they do way more harm than good. They have way to much power with no one to answer to but themselves. If they say you are unfit to parent your child, then you must be.

In the immortal words of George Carlin: "It's all bull# folks, and it's bad for ya."

Police State is exactly it. I argued with some guy on the thread about the girl getting groped by TSA. The same people who think running their hands along the inside of the child's thighs to prevent terrorism as long as its the back of the hand are probably the same ones who also believe that CPS and SWAT teams seizing children from their parents is the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For those of you saying that CPS shouldn't have even been involved, wake up! CPS is involved with everyone's children, though most people either don't realize it or they willfully ignore it. Try to buck the system or disagree with a doctor, teacher or government official on how to raise your own child and you will unfortunately learn that lesson the hard way. CPS is the government's enforcement wing to ensure that the state raises your children, not you. You merely give birth and pay the financial cost, while the government raises your child.

What's really sad, is that this country was founded on the ideal of liberty and believe it or not, at one time most Americans used to believe in liberty and would actually fight to preserve it. What a sad generation we now are, as we have completely failed our responsibility to preserve freedom and liberty for the generations who'll come after us. Again, our generation is the generation that failed, as we have completely ignored our responsibility to keep the government in its place and to make them accountable, especially as it pertains to liberty, the corner-stone of our founding and Constitution.

You can't even pretend to celebrate liberty, while the government dictates which [harmful] chemicals will be forced into your childrens' body. You can't pretend to celebrate liberty, yet not even blink at government intrusion into our homes. We can't pretend to celebrate liberty, yet watch our neighbors get carted off to prison cells for political crimes that don't even produce a victim. You can't pretend to celebrate liberty, yet allow your hard labor and/or services to be fleeced for the benefit of a few elite who have covertly seized control of the state. What about the fact that we can't even hunt the "kings deer" so to speak. I could literally go on and on. The important thing, is that we stop pretending that liberty is an ideal that the Neo-Americana champions. How long can people really fool themselves?

We need to wake up to reality, the reality that we no longer control our lives. In fact, every year we cede more and more choices to the government and sadly, government is probably the last institution that you would want steering your life, as your best interests aren't synonymous with their best interests.

--airspoon

edit on 14-4-2011 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What are the details of this case?

I've seen on ATS too often how things are distorted or misrepresented. Too muhc paranoia here.
edit on 14-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

Well, I know for a fact that the public school system will not allow your teen to attend classes unless they get the Hep B vaccine(or at least that was the Vaxx of choice to foist on people around 2000, 2001. There have even been some cases where a group of parents didn't want their kids to have the vaccines and the school took them to court over it. By the way, it was the original Hep B vaxx that was tainted with HIV, although I cannot say if they used any of those old tainted batches, but that was what was given to gays and blacks in the 70's that started the epidemic. It's so diabolical. And my son's parish school also insisted that sharing food could spread Hep B. We called the Mo. Dept of Health and they said it was spread by sexual contact. So one can only assume that it is both sexually transmitted and foodborne, or the food thing was a cover. But we were told then that the kids were not allowed to share food for that reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if the tough love in the past was better.

All this money and time we spend to not hurt peoples feelings.

All of the government BSing. We seem to lose more rights every day.

Everyone is getting doped up. Kids are getting doped up. What the hell is wrong with us.

And then the environment. Maybe we do hesitate too much. We NEED jobs!

Too many people are overweight too. Something feels wrong.

I'm normally a liberal, but sometimes I understand a little bit what conservatives feel.
edit on 14-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How does this happen in America? Seriously doesn't this article about a parent that decided her child's medicine was doing more harm than good. Getting assaulted by a tactical swat team make you sick to your stomach. Not only do they have no right to force medicate our children. WTF did they need to deploy a swat team for? not only is it beyond morally fcked up. What about the cost?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon, a very eloquent post. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Vitchilo

Go see for yourself on medical websites, when you have finished reading every thing posted here on ATS. Medical websites, large ones, will have a section for Mental Health, broken into sub-sets. Read some of those posts. People that have mental illness that have full intentions of bringing children into the world post questions all the time. My guess is they think their family line is so grand that the world would suffer if they didn't bring more mental defectives into your society. To me this defies logical thinking - - - all the more reason that sane people should be making sure these births do not occur. Stop producing mentally ill babies and doctors can stop prescribing mental health medications.

Um... Who gets to decide who is "mentally ill?" Who gets to decide what "sane" is? Whose right is it to take reproductive rights from others?

Vitchilo, thanks very much for your reply.

Who gets to decide who is mentally ill? I'm confident you are aware that there is an entire medical field devoted to mental illness. There are psychiatrists around the world who attained multiple college Degrees on their way to becoming Psychiatrists. Practicing, licensed professionals, Doctors. They served internships. They can prescribe medication.
I don't understand why you ask this question when you know the answer. I am assuming you're an adult that has attended basic schooling.
Who gets to decide what sane is? Sanity only comes into question when behavior deviates far from the norm. Just an aside, why are Judges in an American Court of Law who may have no knowledge or training in psychiatry or mental illness allowed to declare whether or not a person is sane or insane? There's a legitimate worry. As it serves the Courts best interest, very rarely will we ever see a person declared insane. But I digress; let me get back on topic.
Who's right is it to take reproductive rights from others? What reproductive rights are you referring to? I've never heard of or read a document concerning the reproductive rights of Americans. Share with me, I'll read it. As far as taking reproductive rights from the mentally ill, physically incapable, inbreds, rapists, recidivists, hard drug abusers, multiple generation alcoholics, murderers, rapists and paedophiles, it is the right of every USA citizen who wants a better tomorrow for their country to see to it that the dream becomes reality.
I'm not looking to sanitize or cleanse the population as your government does, with weapons of war. I'm not promoting we mutilate anyone's genitalia. I say let the people fark all they want. If you think mentally ill people having more mentally ill babies is a good idea, all I will say is "I don't agree". It's obvious your government does not care about you, and they do not mind if every person living in your neighborhood is a threat to your well being. My vision of a better tomorrow corrects the irresponsibility of today.
Only the best thoroughbreds get to run at The Kentucky Derby. Mankind needs to return itself to this practice, doubly so for the USA. TPTB have done truly significant damage to the progress of the common man. The shambles this country is in today is because we let the manipulators use us as they see fit as we wallow in the madhouse of society that is their legacy. I refuse to accept this pile of turds America has become.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The title of this article is sensationalist and misleading. It should read:

“Police use Assault Weapons and Tank against Home School Mom for refusing to accept a warrant then starting a police standoff by firing at officers.”

That is far more accurate…

People like this seem to think that police have some sort of option in these situations, but the facts are that once a warrant was issued, the police are required to enforce it by any means necessary. Arguing with the police, and firing a gun at them, is not going to do a damn thing to reverse the warrant, and only serves to escalate the situation to a point where SWAT needs to be called in. The police have no idea of the details of why the warrant was issued, they only enforce it and assume it’s valid.

What she should have done was taken the warrant, let CPS take their child for a brief time, retained an attorney, then sued the living crap out of both CPS and the City of Detroit. Now she is going to most likely lose the child and do some time in the slammer.

Once again, so no one misses this: “Police enforce the laws, they are not judges, they do not issue warrants nor make judgments, arguing with them will only make things worse. Plea your case in a court with the judge, not with the officer enforcing the ruling of a judge.” If people would simply take that advise there would be a lot fewer of these types of occurrences.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I actually agree with you that she should have gotten an attorney rather than trying a standoff with police. What I am wondering, is, since I just went back to the first post, is that if the child was being home-schooled, then how did CPS get involved? Did someone report her? A family member who disagrees with her approach? An ex trying to get revenge? Who reported her not giving medications to the child? It would be easy to see if the child was in public school where there is a lot of exposure to bureacratic meddling.
I am wondering if there was some meddling from the State due to it being a home-schooling scenario. It seems TPTB do not want parents home schooling as it interferes greatly with their program of brainwashing and values clarificaton.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Here is how they got involved:

However, as she approached middle school age, she apparently wanted to start attending school, and therefore had to “catch up” on required immunizations.

Through the public school system.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

A warrant that was issued by a police state. Maybe you have children, but it sounds like you don't.

I don't know if I would have fired a gun in this situation, but I would sure as hell not sit idly by and let my children be taken, nor would I be hauled off to jail willingly for this bull#. If these clowns showed up at my door saying I was going to jail and my child was being placed in protective custody by the state, warrant or no warrant there would be hell to pay. My two sons are everything to me and I can only imagine the feeling this mother felt when her daughter, who she had been with every day of her life due to her missing leg, was being taken from her, just because she wanted to protect her daughter from harmful medication. This is an outrage.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Get an attorney? What, so you can get fleeced by the attorney and the court/government? Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for someone who gets shot at while invading someone elses home to inflict force on their children. Cop or no cop. There are certain things that any human with a spine should protect at all costs and your children just happen to be among them.

Let it be known, that if you invade someone's personal space to inflict force upon their family, you could be shot. Period. The very fact that people are surprised at this, just speaks volumes to how far we have degraded as a society. The state doesn't own you or your child, thus you shouldn't just tuck your tail and submit whenever they make a choice for you.

--airspoon

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Large Fries, I'm just flabbergasted at your idea that Americans collectively have a right to dictate who gets to reproduce. You do sound like a proponent of eugenics. I hate to do this, but you know who did that in the 40's. And Margaret Sanger was a big proponent of that as well, as she recommended sterilization, especially for poor black women.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join