It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit SWAT with tank raids mother because she protected her child from harmful medication

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ur countrys leaders make me sick

i hope u and others realize u could take the country over in a day

if they shot back at u then it is true hipocrits run our world

NWO burn in hell

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
She needs to sue the living # out everyone of those idiots involved.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
She needs to sue the living # out everyone of those idiots involved.

It's a good start but the catch is everyone of those idiots is taxpayer funded. She'd only be suing the taxpayers and the idiots wouldnt learn any lessons at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Vitchilo

Go see for yourself on medical websites, when you have finished reading every thing posted here on ATS. Medical websites, large ones, will have a section for Mental Health, broken into sub-sets. Read some of those posts. People that have mental illness that have full intentions of bringing children into the world post questions all the time. My guess is they think their family line is so grand that the world would suffer if they didn't bring more mental defectives into your society. To me this defies logical thinking - - - all the more reason that sane people should be making sure these births do not occur. Stop producing mentally ill babies and doctors can stop prescribing mental health medications.

Um... Who gets to decide who is "mentally ill?" Who gets to decide what "sane" is? Whose right is it to take reproductive rights from others?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

god, I hope nothing like this ever happens to you and your family. NOBODY knows what's best for your son, especially when he's got a condition like autism, better than you do.
Why is this acceptable? I agree with the earlier comment about giving MI to Canada...and I live in michigan! this is a great state, good people, beautiful land...and then there's Detroit. Without it, our fair state wouldn't have been the economic powerhouse it was for nearly a century. With it, we now have a cancerous blight that's spreading out and destroying other smaller cities like Flint. Oh, and heartwarming stories like these. A tank? really? why do cops even have tanks in the first place? gangs don't have tanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

"Doctors go through years of specific training an hands-on internship in order to practice medicine. I doubt medications are prescribed carelessly or without due diligence."
Until a drug rep brings hundreds of dollars of Olive Garden food into the office and tells them all about their brand new drug! Just because someone has years of training and a fancy title does not mean that they give a crap about you or your family. Some people become doctors because they truly care about the health of their fellow man. Some people become doctors because they can make a ton of money. Now, the folks in the latter category are less likely to invest the time and energy necessary to make the right diagnosis and prescribe the right treatments, because they care more about money than you.

"If Risperdal had a negative effect on this child it is the parents responsibility to communicate this information to their medical professional."
So these altruistic doctors study for years so that they know exactly what they're doing...and then they prescribe the wrong medicine and its up to the parents to bring it to their attention? So why did they go to all the schooling? Couldn't someone just be in the office making educated guesses? oh wait, that's what doctors do.

in cases like this, it's always best to err on the side of the parents. I know what's best for my daughter and you do not. Plain and simple. We have more children in the system than we have truly unstable and dangerous parents. Why is it okay for the state to decided who's better off in which family and house? What if there are unforeseen factors which make a child's life worse in foster care? You would never know. So why are we so quick to say "no,no it's okay that that family has been ripped apart; they're a bunch of nut jobs!"

and don't get me started on the whole eugenics argument. Crazy people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce? Is there evidence to suggest that mental illness is hereditary? for real, I have no idea. Even if that is the case, it's not right to tell people that they are not allowed to have children. It's the whole reason we're on this planet, it's the best thing that could ever happen to you, and everyone deserves to have a chance to be a parent if they want.

edit on 14-4-2011 by RicoMarston because: lunacy.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
I wonder if Detroit will be willing to stand up for their human rights as aggressively as they do for their Union paychecks. If they don't protest this type of behavior from the "authorities" aka "public servants" then I will write to my Senator and demand that Michigan be given to Canada.

No, that's ok.

After seeing this story, you can keep Michigan.

Thanks anyway!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But certainly you aren't suggesting that just because a doctor goes to medical school it means they are morally good people. I come from a family of doctors and I work close by them every day. I constantly see the everyday strains of life affect doctors just as much IF NOT MORE SO than the average person (not to mention the narcissism that's instilled into most doctors these days in medschool). Yes you are human and yes you are capable of wrong and/or immoral decisions. If you want an example just look at all of the pain clinics down here in FL and all of the Doctors lining up to throw pills at addicted patients. I'm not trying to blame anyone but YES the responsibility does fall somewhat on the physician as well. And to state that a mentally handicapped person has less of a right to reproduce is lunacy. Sure darwinism states that these people should not survive BUT if you want to go by that assumption none of the fat ass American's that come into my hospital having a heart attack should be saved. It's their own fault right? So lets not point the finger at the mentally handicapped. Also, you're on a conspiracy website while you're here read up on Thimerosal and the other additives in vaccines that are killing the minds of our children. It's not the mentally handicapped producing these autistic children...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bunch of criminal thugs in the police force enforcing things they have no business in. The child doesn't need to keep feeding the sick Pigs Top hat bankers of Pharma Corps and their Pig Cop (Enforcers) of their drug cartel.

The Pharma corps have gone to far as to be god choosing who takes what medicine when and where things have gotten out of hand. Seriously? what is the world coming to 1984 is coming too many people are blind to see it.

Laws need to be enacted where Police Officers can be sued personally for unlawful acts. They are a gang mentality and they don't care anything about the people just about their next paycheck from the government funded by the corporations of Pharma corp and BIG BUSINESS
edit on 14-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I doubt medications are prescribed carelessly or without due diligence. Physicians respond to what they are told, their observations and diagnostic testing results.

Obviously you do not have an "inside" perspective. I have been in the mental health field in one way or another since 1994, anything 2000 and after as a Master's level therapist. I can tell you that in numerous places that I've worked over the years, pharmaceutical reps ply doctors with free lunches and other perks. Many psyciatrists spend less that 15 minutes with a patient and write out their prescriptions. Though attending medical school, psychiatrists are not at all like regular doctors.

Rico says:

Until a drug rep brings hundreds of dollars of Olive Garden food into the office and tells them all about their brand new drug!

Rico knows what goes on.

You keep letting your defectives reproduce, it's going to get worse. You already have a country lined with riff-raff, gang bangers and white trash. I don't expect their children will grow up to be outstanding pieces of work. By ignoring the importance of monitoring reproduction, America makes it even easier for TPTB to retard and control the masses.

Granted, in my last job I saw many kids removed by CPS and in mental health because of something like their parent's meth problem-some families of 4 kids or more where every one of them is in CPS care and a new baby is removed immediately after being born. But, wow, that statement is offensive in so many ways.

Stop producing mentally ill babies and doctors can stop prescribing mental health medications.

No, stop letting big pharma run amok and then Dr's can stop prescribing mental health medications.
edit on 14-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: added quote

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is wrong. The people have a choice. They are not soldiers and are not slaves. I have seen various shows that show this kind of thing and it disgusts me to even think about it. It makes me want to rise up against those in power.
It seems like various people I know were right the entire time.
edit on 14-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Is there any more information about this family's background that may provide insight into why this escalated to this point? On face value, this seems an incredibly drastic move - frankly, I'm stunned it went to that level but in all likelihood we are not getting the full picture.

edit on 14-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Im sure all the facts have been presented in this case.

They always are with these sorts of headlines.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What is missing here is what did the Daughter do to cause this? What behavior did she exhibit? Something led to this?

As to the Mother pulling a gun on the police and standing them off, no way out of that insane action on her part. In fact it makes me question her sanity. A sane person gets an attorney and it sounds to me like she might have won in the end.

Of course we don't know. The Mother may be over the edge herself and we also don't know what behavior the Daughter exhibited. The Mother may well be incompetent to be a parent.

I hate stories like this where people jump on the bandwagon without any knowledge of both sides of the story. You just make assumptions based on your own hatreds or emotions not based on facts. Nobody posting has enough information to even take a side here. This is all projecting your own hatreds and biases on the topic. This is how Lynch-mobs start.

I find it interesting about the part relating the story of the leg. It's completely irrelevant to the story and just used to excuse behavior for some reason. For all anyone knows this woman might be insane and dragging this girl down with her in her insanity. After all she shot at a Cop and engaged in a standoff with police, instead of hiring an attorney. That screams to me there is more to this.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Interesting development.... while CPS filed 17 charges against the mom, saying she refused to consider alternative treatments, authorities have *apparently determined the child does not need medication.

Authorities have determined there is no emergency need for a 13-year-old girl to be on medication, after the girl's mother was accused of medically neglecting her by not giving her a psychotropic drug.

However - with regards to the police standoff - she is accused of firing a gun at police.

The girl's mother, Maryanne Godboldo, is accused of firing a gun at officers when CPS came to her Detroit home take her daughter.

Detroit Free Press

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why are the drugs forced on some parents? Because they cost over $250 a month. That's why. As long as profit drives the industry this will continue to happen. For every kid that needs it, such as those with autism where I think it's been promising, there are probably a hundred or more who don't. It's like Ritalin, having taught a classroom full of those kids, I found that the one thing they truly needed was a swift kick to the bottom. Parents let the TV and other things be the baby sitter or they're so afraid of social services they never raise a hand to discipline their kids and it shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Obviously you do not have an "inside" perspective. I have been in the mental health field in one way or another since 1994, anything 2000 and after as a Master's level therapist. I can tell you that in numerous places that I've worked over the years, pharmaceutical reps ply doctors with free lunches and other perks. Many psyciatrists spend less that 15 minutes with a patient and write out their prescriptions. Though attending medical school, psychiatrists are not at all like regular doctors.

I am glad that in TN the reps are not even allowed to give a doctor something as small as a ink pen anymore. I don't know who wrote that law, but God bless them. Now if we could just get it national.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

As to the Mother pulling a gun on the police and standing them off, no way out of that insane action on her part. In fact it makes me question her sanity. A sane person gets an attorney and it sounds to me like she might have won in the end.

If she is low income she wouldn't be able to afford an attorney, plus how many nights would she have to spend without her daughter waiting for the courts to give her daughter back to her? I don't blame her actions, I don't see how anyone could unless they are afraid to tarnish the sacred and unwritten law Police Are Gods, which of course is insane and this leads to Nazi government so you better make a choice now to either let the CPS take your children or to fight back.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Im sure all the facts have been presented in this case.

They always are with these sorts of headlines.

I agree we should be patient as we don't know all the facts but the bottom line is this is just one more sore on the nanny state, people have had enough and they won't stand for it any longer. Waco part 2 will be here shortly.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

. . .
As to the Mother pulling a gun on the police and standing them off, no way out of that insane action on her part. In fact it makes me question her sanity.

. . .

I will protect my children from the bastards at CPS with everything I have. You would be insane NOT to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join