It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't tell me Geoengineering isn't real...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

How do you "astronomical binoculars compare with a relatively cheap telescope?

I am not sure what markings you expect to see - painted engines and "a swirl of colour" on the tail sounds exactly like what I'd expect to see on a commercial airliner with reasonable but still inadequate magnification.

Do you expect to make out the registration marks? they aer usually about 1 foot high on the side of the fuselage - not in 20 foot letters on the bottom of the wing! Yet again your ignorance of basic information shows through.

clearly your comment that none of the aircraft are marked is not true - I don't know how you people manage to think that making such contradictions is helpful in the least.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Wow really man.... like I said before... GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

No I don't expect you to see the damn registration but you can certainly tell if it's a commerial craft because of the fricken name of the company on the craft or atleast there logo.

I didn't contradict myself. The ones with painted engines are still unmarked.

Try to comprehend a little better.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

lol - the ones with the painted engines are unmarked??!!

Oh dear....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ya dude.... unmarked as in no identifiable marks that indicate who OWNS the plane. duhhhhhh... don't act like you don't know what I meant. And if you didn't ....well then.....enough said.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

As if your poor photography wctually whows they are "unmarked"

What "marks" are you expecting to see??

You do realise that airline markings are not a requirement? You are perfectly legally allowed to fly with a pure white, or pure black or pure silver a/c if you want.

Registration markings only have to be 1 foot high and the letters 2" wide - look up FAR 49 for the US regulations, other states are pretty much the same.

But of course airlines generally want people to know who they are so they paint their a/c in colours for everyone to see. But they normally do not paint the registration marks any higher than they need to.

It is not too difficult at all to get a setup that can easily identify airline colours as high as 40,000 feet and probably beyond - this guy did it - www.skystef.be... so why dont' you instead of showing everyone how inadequate your equipment is for the purpose you say you use it for!

If you can see pinted nacelles and/or a spash of colour on the tail then you probably CAN go some way to identifying the airline - you leaping to conclusions just shows how little effort you are prepared to go to to get accurate info - as soon as something fits your fantasy you loudly exclaim it as the truth rather than keep investigating.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Great thread and a very informative read, I sure like your pictures they are there for all to see and see we do.
Those of us who are aware and have been aware of the sky know what has and is going on for years now.
S&F
Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join