It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can't tell me Geoengineering isn't real...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The apparent foreshortening of the curved section seems to me to be nothing more than perspective - the photograph is at an angle so they appear smaller than they are.

Since you are so keen on facts, what facts do you have that show them to be anything else?

Good old optical illusion clause again..Perspective.

Firstly I did check Brisbane airport and their holding pattern is over the city..

Secondly, you do not have a holding area in the same place as normal flight paths..
The pic clearly shows other trails passing through the area..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Aircraft from RAAF Amberey maybe?

When the jets from Amberley (rarely) fly over, they are LOUD, and they tend to stand out.

The trails lead approximately to and from Oakey, which has an Army Aviation Centre, but only helicopters on site.

Oakey is to the west of Toowoomba, while Amberley and Brisbane are to the east.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

The trails lead approximately to and from Oakey, which has an Army Aviation Centre, but only helicopters on site.

Oakey is to the west of Toowoomba, while Amberley and Brisbane are to the east.

Well that discounts jets in a holding pattern for Brisbane airport then...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Only 1 holding patten for Brisbane?

Now I know you're pulling everyone's leg!

I've just had a look at he 1":10nm Jeppeson chart for Brisbane and there is a en-route holding pattern "Woody" about 20 nm ENE of Toowoomba that a/c would fly into at cruise altitude. ther are other en-route holding patterns at varius compass points around Brisbane.

And speaking to a former 747 captain in hte last 10 minutes he reminded me that ATC can tell an a/c to hold absolutely anywhere, at any time, at any altitude, should they need to.

sorry, but those are actual facts....not presumptive ones.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Oakey is directly or closely under several routes to Brisbane - it is almost due west of the city - being to/from Oakey is almost certainly irrelevant as far as the flights themselves go.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

And speaking to a former 747 captain in hte last 10 minutes he reminded me that ATC can tell an a/c to hold absolutely anywhere, at any time, at any altitude, should they need to.

sorry, but those are actual facts....not presumptive ones.

Ask your 747 captain mate how many times he's flown at altitude, into a quick one turn around and then flown back..
Meanwhile another plane has done exactly the same..
All while directly in a normal flight path with other jets clearly passing straight by him..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

look at that...
The two trails we see passing through are actually lower than the turning trails..
So now we have planes in a holding pattern at above cruise altitude that can make rapid turns in low atmosphere..

They all look very low to me...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Talking about this he said that having to slow down by a couple of minutes - ie make 1 turn in a holding pattern - was a common occurrence - he'd only fly a few times a week, as is the joy of duty time rules for aircrew, but his comment is "regularly".

It was especially common on long distance flights if htey picked up some time due to different winds than those expected resulting in them arriving a little too early for their landing slot. Rather than get into crowded skies close to the airport they would "lose" the time at high altitude where there was less fuel burn to do so.

As for a/c flying past - that was often exactly the reason - to put them "behind" an aircraft that they were "ahead" of. They would be + or - 1000 feet or more different in altitude when it happened, and or seperated by several miles horizontally.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Great thread! Anyone who doesn't believe in the current geoengineering happening above our heads are either really ignorant or a government disinfo agent. At this point, the disbelievers can be put in the same boat as those who thought the earth was flat.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I don't see how you can tell the altitude at all. the straight ones are certainly thicker than the curved ones and show up better - but they could do that whether higher or lower by virtue of being thicker.

same with the cloud - you "see" the thickest, most prominent feature - the straight contrails - there's no way, IMO, of knowing whether they are higher or lower than the cloud - but I think they are not at hte same height as the cloud does not appear to be disturbed b the passage of the a/c.

Your comment that the jets turning are "above cruise altitude" is non-sensical - planes cruise at different altitudes - the curved ones would be at THEIR cruise altitude, and the straight ones at a different cruise altitude - it is a basic method of ensuring seperation.

Basically IMO you are trying to put a lot more information into the photo than is actually there.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Well since no-one ever actually thought the earth was flat I guess we dont' exist!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Honestly, that pic does NOT look like commercial planes have made those turns..
Especially not at those altitudes..

Do you know the distance required to turn your average passenger jet 180 degrees at high altitude?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Basically IMO you are trying to put a lot more information into the photo than is actually there.

To be fair, I think you are doing that, not me..

You threw in holding patterns and normal commercial flights..
I don't believe that is the case here..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

At, say, 550kts (let's assume ground speed), with a 1 minute leg, the a/c will travel 9.2 nautical miles. when that 9.2 nautical miles is curved around a semi-circle, the circle diameter is about 5.8 nautical miles.

Perhaps not as far as you thought??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I should have posted this pic yesterday as well but here is another which shows the start of the trails.

The tree in the far right of this pic is the same tree in the far left of the other pic with the trails, to give you some perspective.

Start of the trails:

edit on 14/4/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

At, say, 550kts (let's assume ground speed), with a 1 minute leg, the a/c will travel 9.2 nautical miles. when that 9.2 nautical miles is curved around a semi-circle, the circle diameter is about 5.8 nautical miles.

Perhaps not as far as you thought??

Are you trying to tell me a commercial jet traveling at 550knts and at cruise altitude,
can turn 180 degrees in under 6 nautical miles??

Man, I would hate to be on board that plane drinking a hot cup of coffee at the time..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Well since no-one ever actually thought the earth was flat...

Are you serious?

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

...I guess we dont' exist!!

If only we were so lucky!!

edit on 15/4/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So you have no concept of a 1g turn, no concept of distance, no maths skils, and you tell us that chemtrails are real??

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

To be fair, I think you are doing that, not me..

All I'm "putting" into the picture is that it looks like a normal commercial holding pattern with passing, or joining, straight segments.

you're telling me it cant' be - yet you don't actually have any real info on why not, you can't do simple maths to figure out how large it might be, and how holding patterns are flown, you have no idea of the airways nearby, and little of aviation in general but somehow you know exactly that this is not a holding pattern.

You threw in holding patterns and normal commercial flights..[/quoet]

Based on the available visible evidence that it looks exactly like one.

I don't believe that is the case here..

As far as I can see your belief is based on nothing more than a preconception that anythign strange is a chemtrail, and if it was a holding apttern then you'd have to accept that it isn't anything nefarious and you can't bring yourself to do so.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well ....this just gets funnier by the day. I find it amusing that people really believe Contrails just form everywhere all the time. It really does require logic to understand that what you are looking at isn't a commercial craft in a holding pattern sky writing with its contrail. (joke)

All I'm "putting" into the picture is that it looks like a normal commercial holding pattern with passing, or joining, straight segments.

Sometimes the idea that "the most simple answer is the correct one" is very very wrong.
I earn an average wage and was able to buy some Astronomy Binoculars. They have enlightened me more than anything on the internet ever could.

Aloysius.... I don't know where you live and if they are spraying where you are but if you do see a lot of what you think are "Contrails" then I strongly urge you to purchase some high powered binoculars and see for yourself that NONE of the planes are commercial. Most are completely white and the big 4 engine planes leaving trails often only have the engines painted and maybe a little swirl of paint on the tail.

Must look for yourself with your own eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join