It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt blogger gets 3 years for criticizing army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Egypt blogger gets 3 years for criticizing army

www.breitbart.com

An Egyptian military tribunal has convicted a blogger of insulting the army after he publicized reports of abuses by the military, and sentenced him to three years in prison, human rights groups said Monday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ah, we see yet again that the fools who took to the streets in Egypt are going to get no freedoms. Just another sign that they were used and abused because they were too young and dumb to know any better.
The French are throwing a fit and complaining maybe this is a first sign of a UN sanctioning coming down the pipeline at the ruling millitary there or maybe their recent arrest of Mubarak will put all of this quietly on the back burner out of sight.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Mubarak is living in his castle in the coastal town of something something. He is too powerful for the military to do anything, the military is under his control.

He was part of the military council, he was the one who built and shaped that military council with billions of US dollars.

I'm still reluctant to believe the council will arrest Mubarak, rather 3 year sentence of the blogger shows that the regime hasn't changed, only the face has.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

Mubarak is living in his castle in the coastal town of something something. He is too powerful for the military to do anything, the military is under his control.

He was part of the military council, he was the one who built and shaped that military council with billions of US dollars.

I'm still reluctant to believe the council will arrest Mubarak, rather 3 year sentence of the blogger shows that the regime hasn't changed, only the face has.

You have it backwards, the millitary council is what propped Mubarak up, the same millitary that propped up the leader before Mubarak and the one before him.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Well it too late long ago for any hope of real democracy in egypt then....
Might as well shut the ravolution down and go back to being used and abused hey?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
can i just say....GOOD, i hope they throw away the key!

too many oppurtunists are trying to make a career out of the revolution.....DO NOT CRITISIZE THE ARMY they are the last line...your idealistic views take a back seat during military rule....they want change yesterday without doing a thing to help other than stir the pot.

there are foreign interests at work....the army arent stupid...these little naive twats only know how to cause trouble...egypt needs help from its citizens....so:

LONG LIVE EGYPT AND GOD BLESS THE ARMY....!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Fools is a bit harsh, don't you think?

I knew this kind of thing would happen, but these people wanted real change and reform, and they did the only thing they could and took to the streets.

What does high and mighty you suggest they have done?

While I applaud you bringing this to our attention, you will receive no star or flag from me. While you belittle this poor people for what they tried to do, I applaud their attempt to improve their lot in life.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's the bloggers report, quite the active little blogger.....

Maikel Nabil Sanad

He breaks down the whole revolution in Egypt into 3 stages and implicates the millitary involvement during the whole ordeal.

The Egyptian army did not at any point side with the protesters. They supplied live ammunition to police attempting to suppress the demonstrations, were involved in the arrest, detention and even torture of protesters both before and after the departure of Mubarak, and are seeking by various means to suppress or limit the scope of the revolution. Many people are continuing to protest, calling for a civilian council instead of the Supreme Council of the Armed forces.

The report identifies three stages in the revolution:

If any of his story is to be believed, the MSM story of millitary switching sides is all a scam that never happened.
If you look at the history of leadership in Egypt since WWII, the millitary is the true power who sets up dictators and takes them down at will. Assassinations, coups, uprisings, they all appear to be in their toolbox.

top topics

join