It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Accident Severity Level Raised to '7': Gundersen Discusses Lack of US Radiation Monitori

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Searched for thread update from Arnie Gundersen 12 hours ago, couldn't find anything, so here is the latest from Fairewinds Associates.

Nuclear Engineer, Arnie Gundersen, discusses why TEPCO's announcement of an increased accident severity level should not be a surprise. He also discusses similarities among the Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, and Fukushima nuclear accidents and how Governments are once again limiting public access to accurate radiation dose information. Lastly, Gundersen responds to the overwhelming number of email inquires regarding the Fukushima accident.
vimeo.com...

On this web page from Fairewinds Associates, you will be able to watch and listen to Arnie Gundersen's latest report on Fukushima reactor and what the government is failing to report he doesn't make any accusations, but read between the lines. He also suggest that we not consume as much milk. You can view all his video updates at this site, they are all on the right side of the page along side the video screen.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The photo's here are in a slide presentation are very disturbing and comes with narration.
The lasting affects of Chernobyl.

Chernobyl Paul Fusco Over twenty years have passed since the meltdown at Chernobyl. Paul Fusco faces the dark legacy of the modern technological nightmare that continues to plague those exposed to its destructive radiation.

inmotion.magnumphotos.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Eeebs, going to open your OP now but this sounds bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Eeebs, going to open your OP now but this sounds bad.

I know it does, but it's something that we have to face. I am not happy with what is going on, but we have to deal with it, we have to think of our children and beyond and do what is necessary and at all possible try to protect ourselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes we have to think of future generations.

That is why the control of nuclear power cannot be left in the hands of governments and coorperations.

The power they generate is theirs to do as they wish with and charge what they please. The safe design and running of these plants should be controlled by the world as it is every living thing that pays the price of failure.

The monitoring of the radioactiviy failing is too much of a coincidence to be belived.

Lets face it we do not even know the true cost of producing power this way or the true costs of producing it by other means we are just expected to accept and pay any price they demand.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I did watch the OP, was trying to conduct business afterwords and had to get into a discussion about Japan because I was caught crying as I picked the phone...

I realize and have from the very beginning that it only happened in Japan and the lies and procrastination have been why it has become a worldwide danger for generations to come.

It is no single persons fault or blame it is a collective responsibility and the first responsibility is to the people and all life on this planet. That was/is the biggest lie.

Secondly, the only people who can or could have come up with solutions as presented in your Op have been shut out by the politicians, the very same corporate conglomerates who int he first place allowed this terrible accident to happen and to build these facilities on an island when they knew the facts concerning the vulnerability of an earthquake zone such as Fukishima.

Is it too late to finally ask for assistance by the scientific community and to take the necessary steps to insure we do not lose all of Japan in the process of not acting in an immediate and sustainable responsible direction?

If what Gunderson says is true and I believe he thinks it is so, then evacuations need to happen now and every man woman child and animal needs to be treated profilactically against the damage done to them genetically.

Taking potassium iodide is only one part of the intensive, but I suppose that big pharma is in bed with the nuclear/power/political industries and see this as a fantastic future opportunity to make trillions on illness's which will most certainly come from this despicable act of social irresponsibility and outright murder.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Yes we have to think of future generations.

That is why the control of nuclear power cannot be left in the hands of governments and coorperations.

The power they generate is theirs to do as they wish with and charge what they please. The safe design and running of these plants should be controlled by the world as it is every living thing that pays the price of failure.

The monitoring of the radioactiviy failing is too much of a coincidence to be belived.

Lets face it we do not even know the true cost of producing power this way or the true costs of producing it by other means we are just expected to accept and pay any price they demand.

I would rather see nuclear power done away with, it is too dangerous and too lethal. The same goes for oil and coal. There are other alternatives of generating power, it's the corporate hogs that can't and won't allow the alternative sources all because of revenue and profits.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yes I agree with you about not using nuclear power but the fact is we have it. More to the point, they have it.

Even if we/they now choose to get rid of it as far as I am aware it is not like flipping a switch.

In the mean time WE need to have control over the risk that nuclear power is. They, the power producers and the governments must be relieved of a responsibility they have proved they are not responsible or capable of controlling

Do you think they, the power mongers would be so ready to go down the nuclear energy path if they could build their bombs cheaper another way?

Like kids they have abused this toy and so should have it taken away from them and the more of us that demand this is done the more likely this will happen.

Whatever you wish to call it and I see no problem with calling it a new world power as long as that power is in our hands. Our meaning the citizens of the world.

Our leaders have shown they are all corrupt and that is our fault because we give them the power that corrupts.

Japan is as much our fault as the powers that have put them in this position. We allowed the dead of chernoyal to go unnoticed and those responsible not made to accept their part.

We allowed three mile island to pass into history as an un learned lesson.

So what happens now? Do we let more people pay the price for greedy power hungry world leaders and corperation’s go without holding the true guilty go unpunished?

You know that feeling you get when you see the pictures and hear the stories of the victims. You may think its anger in reality it is guilt. Guilt that we allow abuses like this to happen pretty much unchallenged.

edit on 14-4-2011 by colin42 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Yes I agree with you about not using nuclear power but the fact is we have it. More to the point, they have it.

Even if we/they now choose to get rid of it as far as I am aware it is not like flipping a switch.

In the mean time WE need to have control over the risk that nuclear power is. They, the power producers and the governments must be relieved of a responsibility they have proved they are not responsible or capable of controlling

Do you think they, the power mongers would be so ready to go down the nuclear energy path if they could build their bombs cheaper another way?

Like kids they have abused this toy and so should have it taken away from them and the more of us that demand this is done the more likely this will happen.

Whatever you wish to call it and I see no problem with calling it a new world power as long as that power is in our hands. Our meaning the citizens of the world.

Our leaders have shown they are all corrupt and that is our fault because we give them the power that corrupts.

Japan is as much our fault as the powers that have put them in this position. We allowed the dead of chernoyal to go unnoticed and those responsible not made to accept their part.

We allowed three mile island to pass into history as an un learned lesson.

So what happens now? Do we let more people pay the price for greedy power hungry world leaders and corperation’s go without holding the true guilty go unpunished?

You know that feeling you get when you see the pictures and hear the stories of the victims. You may think its anger in reality it is guilt. Guilt that we allow abuses like this to happen pretty much unchallenged.

edit on 14-4-2011 by colin42 because: Spelling

Where do we begin? How do we convince people to shut off there televisions, get away from their different forms of entertainment and pleasures for a while to get down to business to stop all the madness and turn things around to start making a difference? How do we start change for the better of all humanity?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yeah thats the rub. We choose to carry on in a way that cannot be sustained and wait till the posibilty of choice is gone or we grow up

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Atomic Scientists Blog

I have used this for updates, it's very informative and you can go right back to a week after the earthquake.

Hope it helps somwhat & thanks for the post OP!
edit on 14-4-2011 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
From yesterday.

TEPCO Confirms Reactor 4 Spent Fuel Pool Is Now An Uncontrolled, Open Air Fission Process Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/13/2011 19:25 -0400 * Uranium It had been a while since we had a factual update (as opposed to just lies and spin) from Fukushima. Courtesy of Kyodo, we now know that what was speculated by some as true, and rebutted by most as mere scaremongering, is in fact, fact. "Some of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them are believed to be in sound condition, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday." Naturally, in one month we will learn that most of them are damaged, and in two months, that each and every one has been demolished. "The firm known as TEPCO said its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to some fuel rods in such a pool for the first time, as it detected higher-than-usual levels of radioactive iodine-131, cesium-134 and cesium-137." These confirm an ongoing fission reaction. In a tremendously ironic development, the No. 4 reactor, halted for a regular inspection before last month's earthquake and tsunami disaster, had all of its 1,331 spent fuel rods and 204 unused fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work. Unfortunately, the entire pool ended up being damaged following the quake and the subsequent explosion, in essence nullifying any protection that the containment dome would have provided. As the picture from the Asahi Shimbun below shows, the damage from overhanging structures which have subsequently fallen into the fuel pool likely means that there could well be an uncontrolled, if weak, fission reaction currently going on in the reactor 4 SFP (where the water temperature is currently 90 degrees) unprotected by the elements due to the complete destruction of the Reactor 4 shell.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ainsley
Atomic Scientists Blog

I have used this for updates, it's very informative and you can go right back to a week after the earthquake.

Hope it helps somwhat & thanks for the post OP!
edit on 14-4-2011 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

Thanks, it's always great to have more info.

join