It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Feeling Like This? Independently or as a Whole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
As being from a very troubled childhood, I am no stranger to this. What gets me even more is that I believe it is collective. Something that people may be able to recognize on a grand scale, or someone that feels alienated and is just down right tired of society. I have my ups and downs like everyone else, but I always come back to this shell.
A lot of you might remember this song, or this might be new to you. But please listen and maybe we can turn things around for the better.

edit on 14-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
someone that feels alienated and is just down right tired of society.
This fits me to a tee, and I'm sure it does for others as well. I'm so tired of how society is right now, but not only that, I'm angry and sad at it just as much. I've got a few mental kinks and a troubled past myself, and when I look around and see how tainted the world has become, it's hard to stay optimistic. There have been times in the past when I cursed this world, saying I just don't want any part of it, that it passed me by, and seeing that it's going to fall off its tracks and crash and burn. I don't like to think that way, I want to remain hopeful that things will change, and I have been feeling that a lot more these days as I trudge on.

Life is difficult for most of us. All our lives we suffer and learn, this is the world we live in today. A few of us disappear (like in that video), or commit suicide, or just give up entirely. Some of us just go on not knowing why, and sometimes pondering "what's the point?", like living life has become a bad habit. Well, that's one way to look at it. I won't look at it like that though. There are too many mysteries in the universe, I want to see how it all plays out. Being an adventurous person, I could never bring myself to simply cease this journey we call life. When I started to look at life as a novel of sorts, a really huge book, I started to feel acceptance that this is just the building up to an inevitable climax, which will most likely be in our time. After the "birth pains" pass, there will be a bright light over the hills at the horizon, and that light is your happy ending. At least, for that volume of life. There's surely more to come because it's only the beginning.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

You are not alone. It is the first thing to recognize to break the shell. The human condition is a shared condition and the very fact that a popular song makes it so clearly should illustrate that.

I didn't have a troubled childhood. Pretty close to the ideal upper middle class upbringing. But I was fat, had acne, and pretty much couldn't fit in with my peers. My thoughts and actions were always weird to people and I was out there.

I guess what I am saying is that the pain people suffer to make them feel like running away from it all through substance, or any other release from reality is real and a shared part of humanity.

I believe that we are spiritual entities in a physical form not physical forms with a spiritual side. This belief allows me to see life with perspective. I can step back and see what lessons can be learned for the greater education of my whole being rather than simply how something effects me...

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing.
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you. I don't know about you all, but I refuse to just sit back and hope for something to better the situation for me and those around me. No matter how high I bring my hopes or no matter how hard they hit the ground again, I pick up the pieces and do it all over again, but in a different way. I don't see "runaway train" just representing me or anybody as an individual, but also our people as whole during these difficult times. I just basically wanted to say that I will never give up. Sometimes a personal paradigm shift is needed, so on that note:
You would probably think that this song has a negative message, but if you follow the words (which I'll post below) It is a positive message of strength. "owning success is the bottom line"

Revenge
I'm screaming revenge again
Wrong
I've been wrong for far too long
Been constantly so frustrated
I've moved mountains with less
When I channel my hate to productive
I don't find it hard to impress

(Pre)
Bones in traction
Hands break to hone raw energy
Bold and disastrous
My ears can't hear what you say to me

(Chorus)
Hold your mouth for the war
Use it for what it's for
Speak the truth about me
Determined

Possessed
I feel a conquering will down inside me
Strength
The strength of many to crush
Who might stop me
My strength is in number
And my soul lies in every one
The releasing of anger can better any medicine under the sun

(Pre)

(Chorus)

There comes a time within everyone
Don't close your eyes to what's real
No comprehension to fail
I vacuum the wind for my sail
Can't be the rest
Let others waste my time
Owning success is the bottom line.
Like a knife into flesh
After life is to death
Pulling and pushing the rest of duration
NO ONE can piss on this determination
edit on 14-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

edit on 14-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: love is the law, love under WILL

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

If were looking at songs that capture where society as a whole is going I always thought this would be the anthem for WW3 and the catalyst that would lead to the new world and new humanity...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

hells yeah. mustane is a mad man.

new topics

top topics

join