It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Just Stay Home And Don't Vote?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
like as if the peoples votes are ever counted the president already gets elected announced on election night during the news network broadcasts on CNN, ABC,MSNBC in fast speed even without ever counting the official votes from the election night.

If you ask me i believe 2012 voter turnout is going to be pretty low, then it should be, remember america is nation of 308,745,538 citizens how can a president be announced on election night without proper over sight.

As for those voting booths or voting paper there just there for the show for the media i bet the in the end after the elections they just throw those voting results

Obama will win in 2012, it doesn't matter if you vote for him or dont the elites will always elect there own candidates, i am sorry to say this but Ron Paul wont win since he doesn't share the elites agenda, you can try to include by paper bailout to include him, but honestly democracy is becoming a joke now.

Democracy elections are for the elites by the elites dont believe me? just look at Europe's Democracy and how it turned out to be.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The popular vote doesn't elect the President. Yet at the same time, it kind of does, because the puppet that is most soothing to the masses usually if not always, wins the election.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
was already planning on staying home for the elections and watching the poor suckers on tv wasting their time standing in lines to vote in a rigged election...i have never voted and never will...the only things i vote for is the allstar games and the new flavors of mountain dew

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Read the constitution. The "vote" for president is purely for show. There's an unelected group that gets the final say. It's really sickening.
I'm pretty sure it's already been decided that Obama will remain president.
I'm really looking forward to the republicans show this year. It's gonna be the craziest circus ever. With trump investigating obamas BC and palin, it's already classic.
All of their actions really make sense when you know they're acting. They can't all be THAT dumb. But Americans are, sadly.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: Crazy circus

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
if you stay home and don't vote your already voting for the winner

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Honestly I don't really know what to do. On one hand I won't show up to vote but in the other I can vote for a third/independent party ... but then that would be throwing away your vote?

Poeple need to get rid of the 2 party system. It really needs to go.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well isnt it already true more people vote for american idol than for president?

Most people I talk too already know voting is pretty much worthless(atleast they say they do lol) which I agree. But that just leaves all the sheeple left to vote for us...

Speaking of 2012, How many other presidents were voted out after their first term? I hope we can add 1 more time

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Well here in canada in May we have an election just for the fun of it and heck of it i will be voting for communist party of canada, i could stay home on election day like i did before.

But this i will be voting for the heck of it, hopefully communist party of canada is on the bailout if not i am going home without any voting.

Stephen Harper will win the election just because the canadian elections are the same has the one in amercia they are all rigged.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I may as well stay home but I will not. My voice will be heard. It will be a small percent but those who think like me grow every year. Voting for a third party is only a wasted vote if you could tolerate either of the primary candidates. I want them both to lose and either will be horrible with no change. (I am assuming the GOP candidate will not be someone with any sense because it never is)

I say go vote for a third party. If you stay home it is assumed you don't care, and are lazy. If you vote for a third party your voice will be heard that you are not satisfied with our 2 party system.

Vote for malcontent with the current system! We won't win but if enough of us show up it will definitely send a message...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

a message tha wont be heard though...no matter what,unless the majority of people in this country swarm to the capital and voice how we feel,the message you say that will be sent will only be lost on its way, forgotten and never heard
edit on 14-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Read the constitution. The "vote" for president is purely for show. There's an unelected group that gets the final say. It's really sickening.
I'm pretty sure it's already been decided that Obama will remain president.
I'm really looking forward to the republicans show this year. It's gonna be the craziest circus ever. With trump investigating obamas BC and palin, it's already classic.
All of their actions really make sense when you know they're acting. They can't all be THAT dumb. But Americans are, sadly.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: Crazy circus

The actions of the electoral college are completely transparent and only at one time in history have they gone against popular vote. It was such an insignificant president I don't even recall which one now.

This whole business about some great conspiracy where we have no say is hogwash. In the modern world the electoral college is obliged to vote per the popular vote. If they ever stray I will eat my hat. It is a mechanism to help expedite the results and ensure no funny business happens. Except for in Florida a little while ago it seems to have worked ok.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Kind of early to say not to vote.

I want to atleast see who is running and on what platform before I decide whether or not to vote. I do know I wont be voting for Obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I disagree. What it does is encourage others to vote third party. Every year the numbers increase because the year before people saw more votes and were encouraged. People are watching: www.lp.org...

The number of votes this particular party receives is carefully recorded into their history to encourage more to join later...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Sarcasm? If so, that's the best sarcasm I've seen in a while.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

but "THEY" would never let a third party independent win...they would pull what they did in Florida in 2000 that allowed Bush and mostly Cheney destroy this country...so whats the point?
edit on 14-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Voting was fun....once, when I had just turned 18 and could legally do it and thought it meant something and was kinda cool.....then the older I got, I soon realized what a sham politics is and has become in this country.....anymore politics in my opinion mirror a bunch of spoiled rich kids bickering over who gets recognition for a job never done.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
DO NOT VOTE IN 2012. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO RESIST THE FALSE SYSTEM.

DENY the illusion of the left-right puppet show. Do not choose any of them, they are the 2-party dictatorship, they are all pawns of the same globalist chess board.

The government has been taken over, it has failed its people and it will continue to do so, no matter which puppet is sent to the shadow government. They will still most likely rig the election and put Barry Soteuro up there to serve the globalists another 4 years but if mass amounts of people stay home it still sends a message to the establishment...

If you really want to resist this New World Order takeover, send them a message by not voting at all. Because whether it's Diablo, Mephisto or Baal that's elected, they are all Prime Evils.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

OP Great minds think alike.
SnF

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
"Why Not Just Stay Home And Don't Vote?"

Well...here in Australia if we don't vote, specifically in queensland, they will fine you and suspend your drivers license until you pay said fine for not voting, and given our parliamentary choices each voting season, it is impossible to leave the voting stations without insurmountable guilt.

I believe the voting here should be left up to those who have an active interest in politics who can make informed decisions, instead of the immature ill-informed who vote solely for the party with the interesting and amusing names...

An example from the last election being: "The Fishing Party" & "The Sex Party".

edit on 14-4-2011 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

we had a voting card for local elections here, they send you a card that you take with you to get in to vote, it has a return address on it, so i just blanked out our address and all other identifying details so it cannot be returned and wrote junk mail in big capital letters on it and posted it back. that's what i think about it, they can have their useless junk back.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join