It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deficit cutting deal will actually INCREASE the deficit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
CBO: Budget deal cuts this fiscal year’s deficit by just $352 million, not $38 billion touted

The Congressional Budget Office estimate shows that compared with current spending rates the spending bill due for a House vote Thursday would cut federal outlays from non-war accounts by just $352 million through Sept. 30. About $8 billion in immediate cuts to domestic programs and foreign aid are offset by nearly equal increases in defense spending.

352 million cut out of a 1.64 trillion deficit. That's 0.92% of 38 billion. And 38 billion is 2.3% of 1.64 trillion... So 0.0002116% of the deficit cut. Nice job. Not.

You think it's bad?

When war funding is factored in the legislation would actually increase total federal outlays by $3.3 billion relative to current levels.

So it actually INCREASES the deficit.

What a bunch of lying bastards. All of them.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When one group of politicians tell you one thing, and another group of politicians tell you another thing, and both things can't be true at the same time, how do you decide which to believe?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well who in their right mind really thought that they were going to cut this deficit?

We're talking about TPTB here, it's just another step in the right direction for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
did you really expect anything less than bs from them? there will never be nothing but lies just to get the normal people to think everything is getting better and make em happy telling people what they want to hear...when in reality its only getting worse

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Basiclly, we have no-one in Washington brave enough to do what needs to be done.

We have no "leaders" no "public servants". Looking for someone with the stones that are needed to do the right thing, and all you hear is
*cricket*
*cricket*
*cricket*

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well, all-in-all they greatly exceeded all my expectations. I'm so proud....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I have already posted this image to its own thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

but here it is again since it is illustrative of the point of the OP I think,

new topics

top topics

join